1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Leo v. Conc.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HollywoodLeo, Feb 25, 2010.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    The same can be said of my opinion of other people's opinions. :icon_shrug:

I'm just as free to express that as they are to express their (what I am claiming to be false) opinions.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    L.T. says he can play four more years

I have not said otherwise. Are you posting that just to be argumentative or because you want validation?

You can post your opinions, please do so. It just strikes me as a bit silly to say that you are getting ticked because people think that Norv's system is part of what got to LT. (my opinion only, so run with what ever you want)

LT said as much. Is it fair, probably not. But can you show me one person who disputes that LT is older as you seem to indicate no one factors in to their opinion?

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814

Ok you two, settle down! Do I need to start another Kaeding thread? :icon_rofl:

4. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

well, i suppose I was just a tad confused why you chose to completely ignore the points of reason I posted to back up my opposing opinion in favor of harping on my openig statement that was meant as nothing more than an introduction to point out the topic I was about to address.

When I said I was "purterbed" it hardly meant i'm fuming and pissed about anything.

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243

Maybe you stop taking every post as a lecture. Or get a thicker skin...

Sorry you felt it was a lecture, see I mistakenly took this as a forum where people post stuff. My bad.

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

Do you always make a habit of ignoring the real points in posts and focusing on the superfluous parts of them, such as my intro to the first post in question and my comparing your response to a "lecture"?

I knew editing that part in was a mistake. In fact, I immediately wanted to edit the "lecture" part back out but I was at work and my break had just ended.

How about you go back and re-read my posts and respond to the actual message in them. Namely the first one that's actually on topic. :icon_shrug:

edit: And if your 2nd response was meant as a joke (leading to the "thick skin" response) try not formatting a "joke" like a serious response next time and someone might realize you're joking.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243

I was not joking. I was referring to the whole tone of your lecture post...

For example I am not whining about your 'lecture' on what I should and should not respond to...

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243

That is funny. If this post came from me you would be crying right now about being lectured...:lol:

You keep saying "THEY" and "THEM" think, say this and that. Who is "THEY" and "THEM". Is this a B4L'esque 'vast majority' type deal?

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

Is this a very B4L'esque ignoring full posts in favor of latching on to one sentence type deal?

I'm surprised you didn't quote the entire thing and just bolded the one less-important part you chose to latch on to.

I'm done here unless you want to actually discuss LT and not HollywoodLeo.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243

Leo, I get it. You think you are the greatest debater and communicator God has ever made. I am sorry that I cant agree with your self assessment. Not all of your post bears responding to. Deal.

I asked who the "THEY" and "THEM" are that you keep saying think in the way that makes you 'Perturbed'. Quite on topic, but I guess you decided no to respond to the post....

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

There, I no longer feel you were "lecturing" me. (I never really did. I edited that in in a hurry and hurriedly added in an adjective to describe your post...it was a mistake in judgment on my part.)

Now, with that distraction out of the way, I hope this explains why I responded to your initial response the way I did.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

Did B4L steal your login credentials?

Please quote me where I said I'm a great debater that nobody can compete with like you keep claiming I have said.

The topic was LT and Norv Turner, neither of which you seem to want to discuss (at least not in the majority of your replies to me) because you seem to care more about how I stated I feel about the matter.

And I'm sorry if I don't want to take the time and search the forums to quote each and every post that stated that opinion because it's easier to attach a pronoun and get on with my actual argument.

And before you say it, yes I know I said I'm "done" but replied again anyways.

Sue me, I changed my mind.

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243

Perhaps, since we are handing out critiques and helping one another, you should fore go your 'openig statement that was meant as nothing more than an introduction to point out the topic' and just get to it.

Or you can continue to ignore what I post about LT and find one line to complain about...

So you have posted that LT is getting older and Norvs system is not RB friendly, so what exactly is your point? Do you know cause your riding the fence...

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243

I quoted the whole past to keep you from crying. Where did you say that you were a great debtor... Ever hear "ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS"?

I have posted quite a bit about LT in this thread, you either lack the comprehension to read it, or the will. I believe it must be the will...

I wont sue you, I just wont lecture you about it the way you do others...

have a good night Leo. If you care to, try and put into type what exactly you are having a problem with. Because if you are saying Norv's system is not RB friendly, then you seem to agree that it is not all LT. Is that what you mean, or is it like the post below?

What I ask you is this, is it all Lt getting old, all Norv's system or a conglomerate of the two. Fact is IN MY OPINION it is probably more to do with things we will never hear about...

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

Perhaps if you focus less on the superfluous parts of my posts and more on the actual points you'd realize I'm not saying it's all one or the other as well.

I'm just saying LT's age is the bigger factor.

I never said it was the only factor.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

Funny.

This is exactly what I said originally. Except I mistakenly chose to start it by saying I was "perturbed" at the start of the post and Concudan got in a frenzy about it while ignoring that. :lol:

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

All I know is that my posts were on topic until you chose to ***** and whine about me saying I was "perturbed" like that mattered at all.

18. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

[​IMG]

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

What actions?

That I'm a very opinionated man and I like to state my opinions and back them up with argument and reason?

I have never once claimed to be this "great debater" that you keep saying I have.

I put my arguments out there and if someone wants to counter them they can. If they don't want to they don't have to.

I have never claimed that my arguments are the end all be all in any topic.

And I have responded to each and every one of your posts on LT in this thread.

You're the one that's choosing to focus more on the asinine topics regarding me being "perturbed" and my posting habits.

I have never said it's all LT.

Perhaps if you would look past the less important parts of my post and get to the actual points you would have seen this by now.

Perhaps you would have seen that by now if you weren't so focused on how I said I'm "perturbed".

As I have already said at least two times before you made this post that I am responding to, I do think both factors into it.

Norv's system won't keep an aging running back alive because it's a pass-happy system.

But...as demonstrated by LT himself before he turned 30....a competent back who isn't over the hill can still succeed in Norv's system.

Can LT succeed in an overly aggressive run happy system with a monster offensive line at his current age and ability? Yeah...but that's not Norv's system.

Of course, I've already posted that in this thread but you overlooked it.

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243

Obtuse much?

You are not alone in that regard, I just disagree with the level of reason you put in. You seem more an 'argument' kinda guy, all in all.

Again, I have been posting with you for near if not over half a decade. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. Show me where I said that you said anything. I posted that you think you are a great debator, because of the manner in which you post. That is my perception of the situation, if you disagree, that is your right.

Thanks for clearing that up, I am sure this nuggett of wsdom will help us all... :unsure:

See the bolded statement above...

No, actually you havent. Quite hypocritically you choose to focus on one or two lines and harp on them again and again, just as you acuse me of doing, rightly so.

Hypocritical much? (Consider the answer self evident).

Perhaps you should read the posts you have made again...

Maybe you should consider if it is my reading your your presentation, if you are able to use introspection in such a manner.

Perhaos, or maybe not. Again, quite hypocritically it is quite your modus operandi to focus on a minor portion of a post and respond. In fact, that is one of the commons amungst everyone. So if you are trying to carry a brand and make me feel sorry for you, all you acomplish is making me feel you are a being hypocrite by trying to chastise me for doing what you do also...

If you say so.

I would tend to agree with you on a high level. I know you KNOW that, but you love to argue.

Of course. THATS WHY WE PLAY THE GAME! The history of the NFL is littered with playre who hav down years then come back and have great years. Anything is possible, that is why I love the game.

I have posted the same type of comments repeatedly, are you ignoring them to 'focus on less important parts of my post?'

It is funny how you know what I over look. Do you make money as a psycic?

Have you stopped to consider that perhaps I dont feel the need to respond to ever little thing you post, that perhaps if I agree with something I dont feel the need to e-kiss your arse by posting 'I agree'?

You like to point the finger of blame a lot, but the fact is you are just a guilty of everything you blame me for as I am. So why not work on fixing yourself as much as you try and fix me? Ok?

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243

I know, I know you are such a victim... Makes me sad really...

Also, I didnt whine. I simply told you getting 'perterbed' about other peoples opinions only affected you.

I guess your pride and prowess of debate makes that fact too difficult for you to figure out...

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243

Now Leo, if you want to continue this, why dont we take it to PM.

23. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

shoulda done that 5 pages ago!!

:icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243

A valid point. I am not sure either he or myself have encountered a lot of arguments we dont like... :icon_shrug:

25. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814

Moderator can you lock this thread? :icon_tease: :icon_rofl:

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243

No.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243
  28. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    How bout them Chargers... :abq2:

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Shhh... The big boys are arguing...

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924

If this were between anyone but me and Conc it would have been moved to the flame war thread a long time ago instead of being given it's own still open thread. :lol: