1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lest we forget-

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, Nov 23, 2006.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    On this most joyous of holidays, let us remember that on this day in 1963, President John F. Kenndy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas.

Those of us that were around then remember exactly what we were doing when we got the news...kinda like alla y'all on 9/11.

For me, I was a sophmore in high school, in Biology class at University High School at 11 AM when the announcement came over the school intercom. Class was immediately dismissed, and we gathered in the courtyard to await the dreaded news.

When word came that he had perished, about a half hour later, school was dismissed for the day.

That the way it was for me 43 years ago today.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    History records that this tragic event took place on November 22, 1963, not the 23rd, as I posted.

My bad, and I feel the proper fool.

3. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    You are never a fool Toby...I did remember it was JFKs assination day on the 22nd...I was just a baby but have seen the terrible footage...what a sad and tragic day that was. It must have been shocking news to hear. (Hi Sam!)

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Thanx Sam!!:)

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Right about now is when Jack Ruby walked right past most of the Dallas PD and FBI and shot Oswald right thre on live TV. :no:

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    We were walkin around in a daze for quite awhile. This was a Friday...all weekend long was a blur.

The NFL rightfuly cancelled games for that weekend.

7. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    No.. but I did get some homemade Apple pie for breakfast this morning...my feast comes on Christmas...;) I might buy a new LCD HD tv for my bedroom on Sunday...that's better than eating! The Samsung model has an amazing picture. Sony's pretty good too.

Well, better go work that pie off...Have a good day! :)

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah, since you hadta work yesterday :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I bet the whole country was in a daze...I cannot even imagine. And he had those little children. Yes it was a terrible thing and football was not even a thought that weekend. I visited his grave at Arlington National Cemetary...it was very sobering. The whole place overwhelmed me with sadness.

10. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Hey I got the PIE!!!! :icon_banana: The rest is incidental!

11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I've made that same visit, Darlin, you're right it is sobering.

12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I was there acuppola weekends ago for a Spec Ops convention. They've turned the book depository and adjoining buildings into a JFK assassination museum. Its really creepy driving past the grassy knoll, then under the bridge.