1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Let me be the first to congradulate AntEater...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CrmWestwood, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Hey, I hope your right. Time will tell wont it?

2. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    you need a hug for real, not in the way you want, but a plutonic conforting hug, here i am, arms wide open:icon_shrug:
    :icon_rofl:

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    The second surgery caught me off guard also. I believe if he does come back, he's going to be playing with pain. I hope he'll be there all year, but I won't be surprised if he doesn'y play the whole season.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Golly thanks... You go around offering hugs to every man you talk to?:icon_eek: :lol:

5. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Well class we take a CB at 19 who has limited PT but is a freaky physical CB who is coming off a torn AC Ligament. We have a LOT who is 34 yrs old with a foot issue that won't heal if he puts all of his weight on it or does a excessive amount of exercise or runs on his toes and balls of his feet.

We draft a rookie LOT that everyone else passed on due to a birth defect with his spine , we lose our Pro Bowl QB and we have a relatively very inexperienced QB to guide us in Rivers , nothing to be concerned about right?
    :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Well according to some, not if your a faithful Charger fan. There is nothing to worry about because AJ is god.

Of course if next season turns bad, those same people will be screaming for terminations.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :tup: - That's the spirit :yes:

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    :icon_rofl:

9. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    You're a moron, sorry, it's too early in the morning to be creative. You're just the average wining Charger fan that thinks their pessimism makes them smarter than everyone else, it's rediculous. That way, whether the Charger's win or lose you can be stoked, my Dad is the same way, so I grew up with it and understand. Like the Jets' fans, they bitch about everything, my Dad grew up in N.Y., so it must be in the water out there. You think that our optimism is a negative and that we're all fools, ok...that's fine...but I think that hope for the team that you are a fan of is one of the best parts about pro-sports. I'm a homer all the way, I love the Charger's, Padres, and Lakers(and the gulls) in that order...I would of liked the Clippers since they were from S.D., but I was born after they had all ready moved. Living in S.D. my whole life, most years, the only thing we have is hope. I agree Rivers' is a risk, I would say that a 60 million dollar contract for an above average, but not great, QB coming off a shoulder surgery would of been a bigger risk...but hey, call me crazy. I think that Cromartie was a risk, but hey...all drafts are and I think the Chargers are good enough to take a risk on someone who could be special because they are strong enough right now to withstand a boom/bust pick...I think McNeill was a risk, but he has been tested extensively and I think he will be the steal of the draft...I think Whitehurst was a risk(taking him(a 3rd QB) that early), but I'm shocked that all you pessimists out there don't love this pick since you're all so concerned about Rivers. Shouldn't we have a viable backup in training if he fails?...I think all draft picks are a risk, better yet, I know all draft picks are a risk...so bash away at me and the optimists but you are no more psychic then A.J. Smith or myself...so as I've said three hundred times, only time will tell...and I pray you're wrong!!!:no:

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Please don't resort to name calling. We are all Charger fans here. I know Concudan personally and he is one biggest Charger fans I've ever met.

We all have different opinions about how this off season has gone. If someone doesn't agree with your take, it doesn't mean he's a moron. I have concerns about this season. I'm very disappointed Brees is gone. I don't think his shoulder will be as big of an issue as it was made out to be. My good friend Trumpet_Man is a huge Rivers guy and thinks I'm nuts. But in the end, we're both Charger fans and I'd share some beers with both of them anytime, and I'm sure I will at a few tailgates this season. I hope we can get you to stop by the tailgate before a game sometime as well. You can explain your takes, I'll explain mine, Conc can explain his, and in the end we can all toast to beating the opponent that week.

Here are some more of my takes:
    1) AJ is not god or even gawd. He is a better than average GM.
    2) I think Brees is a winner and brought intangables, but he's gone. I'll follow his career with the Saints, but I'm behind Rivers 100% right now.
    3) I love the Cromartie pick. Sure he's a risk. A huge risk, but his upside is huge too. Total boom or bust, but I think he'll be better than Jammer who was a #4 overall and was supposed to be the best athlete and the most ready for the NFL from his draft.
    4) I agree that McNeill will be the steal of the draft. I hope we're both right on that one.
    5) We still need more help and depth on the O-Line.
    6) I wasn't happy with the Whitehurst pick. I don't hate it, but there were more immediate needs available.
    7) The TE we got from St. Louis. I Rams fan friend of mine told me he plays with no heart, but has the tools. I hope he's wrong.

None of us are going to be right 100% of the time, not me, not you, not AJ, not Conc. Every pick is a risk. We each have our opinions though. Some of us might think it's stupid to blindly be a homer. Others think it's stupid to be overly critical. Can we try to meet in the middle and at least try to understand where the other is coming from even if we don't agree?

11. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    On the contrary, I didn't resort to name calling, merely responding to conc's insults in prior posts...but I understand what you're saying and will retract my moron statement so as not to cause problems, I love you conc! Your pessimism really does make me suicidal though! I can completely understand your concerns I just don't agree that everything is as dire as you seem to believe...I think we'll just agree to disagree, but I have high hopes for the next five years and I think barring Rivers litteraly imploding we'll make the playoffs regularly, the team is just too dang good not to...:tup:

12. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    And also I am blindly a homer, but not blindly supportive of the team...I was begging for Brees to be traded last year when he was coming off his best season ever, I didn't jump ship on him after the fact, I saw the brees-rivers quandry way in advance and I thought that the team would of been better off trading Brees last year for a key contributor to assist under the rivers regime...I knew that A.J. would go with his guy baring a superbowl run by Brees, and truthfully I don't think that Brees was gonna get us to the ultimate goal... but I know what you mean... My favorite teams were given at birth so yes I am proudly a homer, as God has chosen for me...and no I don't mean A.J. :icon_rofl:

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Conc really is a good guy when you get to know him. One of my big concerns about Rivers is that he's going to make some mistakes. That's to be expected. I just worry about LT taking a beating, trying to carry the load. I have no doubt Rivers will be brilliant at times this season and terrible other times. I just think with all this talent, we're a team that has a window opening up for us to win it all very soon. Some key injuries and that window could close very fast. Even without injuries, windows like this don't stay open for long.

Here's to Rivers takin' us all the way! :icon_toast:

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    I am a moron huh? That is because I am not all gushy about every move made? Dude, you need some medication.

As far as pesimisim goes, how many times have we met? How long have you seen me post? How is it your taking my defense of my opinion on the Draft and on AJ as some meaning about what the team means to me?

Ask around, I dont care about being right on winning and losing, every game in my opinion is a win until proven otherwise. Were you around to see me take **** last season for explaining before the game why we would beat the cowgirls? Were you there on any of the game day threads to see me root for my team ahead or behind? Were you there to see me defend my players against all?

Yet you make some grandiouse desicion about what and who I am based on off season posts? Alright, you go on with your bad self. But you dont know jack.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    When have I said anything is dire?
    When has expressing that I dont like everything that AJ has done this year an expression that everything is dire?
    Do you honestly feel that AJ has been as good the last two seasons as he was in the season in which he pummeled all other GMs and took the executive of the year from them by force?
    I dont. I feel it should be alright to say that. I am sorry you disagree.

I have stated many times why I did not like the Cromartie pick. You disagree, thats alright. But he is a charge now, and I will support him.

What I will not do is be brow beaten by you Edin or Trumpy into saying crap that I dont feel so I can be all popular. If that is a problem for any of you, get over it now, because I dont care.

Trump is a die hard Charger fan, just like me. I have met the man and respect him, but I will not let him dictate my opinions. You and Edwin I dont know from beans, which means unless you got facts to change my mind, it is staying as is.

Nothing is dire. We have a good chance of winning the West, if and only if everything falls into place. I wana see AJ step up and be the exec that won the executive of the year two years ago. I guess that is unpopular with the crowd that believes he walks on water.

I went back and looked, I can see why you took what was posted as an insult. I think both of us have let the disagreement over the draft/AJ get personal. I apologize if I insulted you, your opinion is just a good and valid as mine until we see what the season plays out. We both love this team, and that makes you better than any non-fan in my book.

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Stop ruinin my street cred!:icon_twisted:

Rivers WILL make mistakes. He did not play well when he did take the field. He will need to get better as he goes. But we should not be overly concerned? Why you may ask?

For the same reason that people *cough* no names mentioned hornblower *cough* bag on Brees about. The QB doesnt need to carry this team.
    Merriman
    Foley (FA)
    Jammer
    Olshansky
    Castillo
    Tomlinson
    Gates
    McCardell
    Parker
    Jackson
    Mighty Mouse

all that talent will carry Rivers and give him time to improve. Time he desperately needs. There is no QB Jihad, he would have lost any such action as badly as the repulbican guard lost to the US. But give him time and his skills should get us the Ws.

The kid also needs confidence, I hope Cam puts together an offensive package with that in mind. A lot of safe plays to begin with, and no run, run, pass. Predicatability will lead to Ints, which will lead to his benching and his confidence taking a beating. Cam needs to make him succeed early and often.

17. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    We both love this team, and that makes you better than any non-fan in my book.
    ---
    couldn't agree more there...
    I am more worried than anything about how the coaching staff handles Rivers. If they baby him too much I don't think it will go well and most likely will stifle his growth, if they give him too much he may panic...it's a very fine line...I think that Rivers is simply capable of more throws then Brees and that's probably why i'm so optimistic...I really felt at times like Brees just simply couldn't get it done...namely the Dallas game(even though I think we should of ran, but a starting qb has got to get it done regardless), if Schottenheimer's conservatism screws this kid up I'll be very upset...I hope Cam Cameron can use this unbelievably talented supporting cast in a agressive way and not do the normal predictive play calling I think we all have grown to hate(i.e. Eagles game last year---poor L.T.:no: ). In the end, Rivers just flat needs to play well. A lot needs to fall into place...definitely.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Man enough huh?:unsure:

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    I would galdly buy you a beer. Bolt fans deserve nothing less, no matter how wrong they are about free agency.

I would buy you two ifin ya biatch slapped Old School.

20. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings:
    +331

ya know i'm a bama girl...first and foremost...but good ole Brodie struggled. geez, the poor kid struggled. His injuries didn't help that's for dang sure but I have serious doubts as to how Brodie will deal with the NFL.

I think given a LOT of time to grow into the NFL system, he may well surprise many. As for the character, work ethic, things like that, he's as good as any. Dealing with the dadgummed sanctions Bama had to deal with, it made every senior on that team a frickin man...in my lil ole humble opinion. Not a one of them kids ever packed it in and quit. They kept on fighting and it paid off in the end. Bama squeaked out of some close ones and they had a good year...cept that lil Auburn thang...but I don't wanta make myself sick before I go to bed. I'm liable to have nightmares. Poor Brodie, talk about NO protection...the kid was on the ground more than he was standing all day. It was just plain pitiful.

It woulda been sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet to have Brodie as a back up to Philip though. VERY cool...two Bama boys as 1 and 2. I think Brodie would thrive behind someone like Philip.

Brodie does have a connection to Athens btw, he was/is?? dated/dating a girl from here that went to Bama and graduated at Athens High.

I aint a big fan of Whitehurst. Could be my dislike for Clemson though. I'll refrain from comments on him for now.

Teresa

21. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

then can someone splain to me why we didn't grab Super Mario or his Amazing sidekick Manny???? Cause them two aint just freaks...they super freaks! Talk bout doing some damage...OUCHHHHH:tup:

22. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
    alright..i see yall need a southern belle's opinion to straighten out some thangs.

now i aint Trump and A.J. ain't God...and Rivers is the best thang since hot bread and butter...but he aint perfect.

Philip needs not be baby'ed. Philip needs not to be worried about as far as being given too much and resulting in a panic situation.

Philip is in the situation in which he thrives best. He's got something to prove. He's just this rookie kid who played 30 some snaps and not many of em were pretty. The Rivers you will all see this season is a Rivers u have not seen before.

He's hungry. No he's starving. He's famished. He is chompin at the bit for the season to begin. Right now, his head is spinning, he's as alert and ready to get after it as any player you'll ever see. He's ready to do battle with all the necessary tools surrounding him. He will do everything to win short of leaving his body laying on the field when the buzzer sounds...and I've even seen him do that. It was not a purty sight...and one I'll never forget. Winners don't quit. He wasn't ready to quit.

Just sit back, go ahead and bite ya nails, fret and worry, cause like I said, he ain't perfect. But he's as close to perfect as it gets. It won't take long for that fact to become crystal clear. If not, I'll be eating a lotta crow. For now, I'm resting easy. Sittin back, smilin, knowing what's comin'...and enjoyin my hot bread and butter.

Teresa

• Like Like x 2
  23. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Great post Teresa. Many here will soon see the power of The One and become BELIEVERS !!! :yes:

• Like Like x 3
  24. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

sigh...i love THE ONE'S big hands and long fingers...

ahem...um...never mind...

AthensPhilipRiversFan slaps herself:no: :no: :no: reminds herself ya old enuff to be his Mama and he's sucha good young man...:drool: shameeeeeeeee on me!!

25. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    blah blah blah....

Got anything new? :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    I hope so. He didnt win the mother of all QB Jihads. He has been handed the keys to the mazarati by AJ. I hope he is all that he is advertised to be.:tup:

27. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Uh, er, I believe this post belongs in the Boltcheer for Girls Thread!:icon_wink: