1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Get Serious.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TCHDNSD, Nov 27, 2008.

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Sep 26, 2006
    I preface this post because it's the only truthful one I'll make.
    I survived CANCER. I survived a HEART ATTACK. I live with a woman who, from all I can tell, fuqin' hates me. No matter. I LIVE. It might not be what is considered the "ideal" life. But it is MINE. And I will keep at it until I see fit to do otherwise.

God can make His promises, and or "threats", but I will not sway from what I FEEL is what I should be doing.
    I am an outcast to my family, to my co-workers and to society as a whole. And I choose this. And anyone who professes (doctors) to tell me how or what or when or what or why, I should be doing, thinking, being anything, can kiss my ***. Quality of LIFE should always outweigh quantity. I'm 40. Almost 41. I've been too close to "self-elimination" too many fuqing times to take any of the other **** seriously.
    I will die. Someday. So will you. In the mean time, I'm gonna drink. I'm gonna **** my girlfriend or whoever I'm with, and I'm gonna appreciate it for what it is. As a passing moment in a life filled with moments I didn't care to notice until it mattered.

And they all mattered.

(upon further review: Put that on my gravestone. Or etch it in my beer glass. At that point I won't give **** anyway.)

And as far as "what does this have to do with the Chargers?"
    I've been a Charger fan since I was 7 or 8. (The mid to late '70's.)
    And I still believe. Someday.

Concudan says "no hair 'til we win the Lombardi"

I say I won't get a hair cut 'til we win the Lombardi.
    And as a point of reference, on July 5th, 2008, my gf shaved the last of my chemo infected hair off my head and I started letting it grow back.
    • Like Like x 1