1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Get Serious.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TCHDNSD, Nov 27, 2008.

1. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    I preface this post because it's the only truthful one I'll make.
    I survived CANCER. I survived a HEART ATTACK. I live with a woman who, from all I can tell, fuqin' hates me. No matter. I LIVE. It might not be what is considered the "ideal" life. But it is MINE. And I will keep at it until I see fit to do otherwise.

God can make His promises, and or "threats", but I will not sway from what I FEEL is what I should be doing.
    I am an outcast to my family, to my co-workers and to society as a whole. And I choose this. And anyone who professes (doctors) to tell me how or what or when or what or why, I should be doing, thinking, being anything, can kiss my ***. Quality of LIFE should always outweigh quantity. I'm 40. Almost 41. I've been too close to "self-elimination" too many fuqing times to take any of the other **** seriously.
    I will die. Someday. So will you. In the mean time, I'm gonna drink. I'm gonna **** my girlfriend or whoever I'm with, and I'm gonna appreciate it for what it is. As a passing moment in a life filled with moments I didn't care to notice until it mattered.

And they all mattered.

EDIT:

(upon further review: Put that on my gravestone. Or etch it in my beer glass. At that point I won't give **** anyway.)

And as far as "what does this have to do with the Chargers?"
    I've been a Charger fan since I was 7 or 8. (The mid to late '70's.)
    And I still believe. Someday.

Concudan says "no hair 'til we win the Lombardi"

I say I won't get a hair cut 'til we win the Lombardi.
    And as a point of reference, on July 5th, 2008, my gf shaved the last of my chemo infected hair off my head and I started letting it grow back.

• Like Like x 1