1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Life is good!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thumper, Apr 12, 2006.

1. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings:
    +331

WOW! That was a sweet idea! Pass along congrats please

2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Thanks...she was so young and pretty but you don't get to question these things...you just have to accept them....:icon_sad:

She went from apparent health to death in 7 months...funeral on Saturday.

3. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

I'm so sorrry girl.

Lung cancer is my greatest fear. Since I've had asthma all my life and it gets increasing worse, it's a huge fear. I've never smoked either and hate to be around it.

I hate she and your family had to go through that.

Prayers!

Teresa:icon_sad: :no:

4. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Thanks for your prayers...that always helps...:)

Luckily there is no correlation between asthma and cancer and esp if you have never smoked...I think you will be fine in that regard. :)

Hers was very very rare...mesothelioma from some past asbestos exposure...which she never recalled.

I wonder if Philip is gearing up for the next game...let's hope it's as good as his last!

5. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331

yeah I have read up on any asthma/lung cancer connections or lack thereof. Just a lingering fear for me!

I'm sure PR is sittin on G and leanin on O.

He had a little nibble but that boy is still starving. Trust me, he is chomping at the bit for that next game to start. LOL!

T

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Nice! :tup:

7. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I hope he proves any doubters wrong....his attitude is outstanding. I'm anxious to see how he performs next game...hopefully as good as last...

8. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
    he will totally look for any lil tiny mistake on film all week. he'll then work his tush off to figure out how and why it happend. then he'll work his tush off to correct it so it doesn't continue to happen.

i am thinkin...i'm defintely short on money right at the moment...but a trip to Chi-town isnt that bad a drive. The temptation to SEE a game right now is absolutely gnawing at me like a dawg on a new bone!!

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Go!!! The good thing about money is there is always more to be made...enjoy yourself!

10. AthensPhilipRiversFan

Ratings:
    +331
    Yep but there's always a house payment to be made too! :icon_eek:

Our lawn care/landscape business has been awful this summer/spring because of this drought. Hubby has brought home approx. $5000 to $6000 less for each of the months of June, July and so far its looking the same for August as he has done in previous years. These are typically are 3 best months and we rely heavily on them financially for during the winter months. So we're in a crunch till work picks back up next Spring. Gratefully, they are getting some over time at G.E. right now so that's some help. I'll be having surgery on the 31st and have a strict 6 to 8 week recovery so I'll lose my income for that time period too and since I work for myself...I'm screwed cause there ain't no unemployment benefits. When school started I "lost" the little girl that I keep so now I just have her little brother so that already has cut my pay in half as it is.

Oh well...it's always worse somewhere else. If I'm meant to get to a game, I'll find a way.

11. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Well I hope it all works out for you T....get to that game if you can. :icon_wink:

12. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    Hey Kim Girl!
    I hear ya! Life is sure not perfect. I think that we all go thru our own trials and tribulations as far as life is concerned. Sometimes it is hard to deal with. Our health is not something to be dealt with lightly. I think most of us take good health as a given...and we shouldn't look at it like that. Awful things happen to even the good. I am so sorry to hear about your cousin Kim. It sounds like she was an awesome person...who's life was cut short. Stuff like this makes you think twice for sure. Big hugs to you honey~~~Steph

• Like Like x 2
  13. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Thanks Steph...I hope all is going well for you....

• Like Like x 2