1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Like a bunch of 65TPs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Honestly, I cant even post or talk about my only favorite team in existence because your all actin like a bunch of KC fans and goin all BOO HOO the season is over lets just pack it in!

F that! Yall are killin me.

SO I wont bother to post or comment on here, since it will most likely be met with harsh (and somewhat unjust) critisim.

Cant wait till the bandwagoners get back on and shut up and enjoy the ride. Wont be many more stops. Id think that it appears we have met our criteria on idiot followers. Tho who am I to judge, the more the merrier...

Football fans in short are horrible. Save your angst for after the season!!

Can we get it together, as fans and just cheer our asses off that our team will weather the storms??

Ok im out peace all you still bleeding the color fans.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Nothing wrong on this end, I am still rooting, still following my Bolts. F**k the bandwagon fans, it's harder to jump back on once this thing gets rolling! Go Bolts!

Pointy

• Like Like x 3
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hear hear!

• Like Like x 1
  4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    So a fan that is critical of their team is all of a sudden a bandwagon fan? That is asinine

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Not at all.

We have fans who in the first 10 minutes of the first quarter of the last game were saying "Its over! This sucky team lost!" and worse, attacking and insulting all other fans. That is simply not being able to control ones emotions and has nothing to do with criticism.

Further you seem to think that 'being critical' is some sort of badge of honor. But when did pessimism and the ability to give up and quit become realism? If you are going to be critical, and just focus on the negative to build false facts around your stance you are doing nothing but being fake. You want to be real, look at the whole picture and acknowledge the good and the bad. The yin with the yang.

Here, all the 'ballsy real fans' only acknowledge the bad, and further embellish it to back their case against Norv, Aj, Spanos, and Santa Clause.

Disclaimer; the 'you' I am referring to is the general populous 'you' not 'you' 'you'. But if you feel it is pointed at 'you' your subconsciousness by be trying to tell 'you' something.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    LOL You have relatively very little to complain about.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    There's no doubt we have some eejits on here who jump off and onto that bandwagon faster than a cricket jumps off and onto a leaf. (hope that made up comparison worked hehehe?)

Stay TH17, we need guys like you. I ignore many of the eejits.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I do think being critical is a badge of honor, when it is reasonable criticism. Just like I think it is a badge of honor to praise them when they deserve it. Some are haters and will always conjure up stuff to be critical of during good times, and others are homers who refuse to say a bad thing even when there is plenty to talk about, both IMO are unreasonable and very unreasonable.

I am sorry if I don't see much to be positive about right now, but this team is a complete mess. They play like crap, constantly make stupid mistakes, play with no heart, have had terrible drafts, crappy play calling, constantly are injured, ect. I don't see much to be positive about. I am not going to hide my head in the sand and just keep saying "Yes we can" when they have not shown a single thing that makes me thing they can.

I believe that being critical when it is deserved, is what all fans should be. Fans should demand better and demand more. and NEVER accept poor play, stupid mistakes, and excuses

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I root for my team, I love the Chargers. I'm just not feeling optimistic about this year

• Like Like x 3
  10. Boltz

Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I could rant on and on about the negatives right now. I want Norv gone, AJ gone, etc. HOWEVER, this division is so bad we have a shot. I can easily see the Raiders losing one of their next two to either the Vikings or Dolphins. We are going to start having to play winning football, but 9-7 should win this sorry division. We have to go 5-2 from here. Wins over Denver, Oakland, Jacksonville, Buffalo and Chicago....its possible..

• Like Like x 1
  11. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    Bandwagon fans are those who don't think for themselves, they'll keep on board the wagon with their eyes shut whatever happens.

12. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Put a fork in 'em....... #imjustsaying ;)

13. Boltz

Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    If we lose to Chitown, you can pretty much stick a fork in them.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I dont understand this mentality. I am not knocking you for it, but do you honestly think that 10-6 would not win this division? 10-6 may be a first seed in the AFC the way all AFC teams are playing up and down ball.

I would say that 8-8 is done, 9-7 very iffy. 10-6 still in the game.

Unless of course we are saying Denver and Oakland will win more than 10....

15. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    It's hard for people to get excited about a team that just isn't that good. Bad to average teams deserve to get blown out of the playoffs.

16. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    As a fan, I know a dominating team when I see one. Throughout the years we all seen the Pats, Steeler, Cowboys, 49ers, be a tough aggressive football team that was in control. 04,05,06, our beloved Chargers were one of the 'tough' in your face aggressive teams. They are no longer in that category. Everyone from local media to the national media are asking, "What is wrong with the Chargers?" If I am considered a bandwagon fan from your point of view that is fine.

You must be one hell of a poker player to have a 'winning face' while holding a losing hand.

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I see no problem with saying that the team is not dominant. It is not a smash mouth team any longer, it is a finess team. There are problems. There are also positives.

I think the general question of this thread, (and of course I do not intend to speak for TH17 here) is this: Have you quit supporting the team? Do you consider all the games already lost, do you only see the negative, and not the positive?

I dont think seeing more negative than positive right now impacts if one is a fan or not. But if your a fan who says that the game is lost in the first 10 minutes of a game, well then some might look at you and wonder if you broke anything jumping off the band wagon...
    Everyone wants to win, everyone wants the Lombardi. But what type of fan are you when we go through the 1-15 seasons? (other than frustrated)

• Like Like x 1
  18. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    Supporting a losing team sends the message you are happy watching mediocrity. If that makes you a 'die hard' then you welcome to it.

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Does it? Does it really say you are happy with mediocrity? I am sorry I think that teams like the Packers who have a waiting list for season tickets regardless of their record disproves your hypothesis.

So, if the Chargers enter a slump, who will you start to watch and root for? You know, so you dont approve of mediocrity...

20. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    There's a difference between being hopeful, and being optimistic...... #imjustsaying ;)

As a Charger fan, I'm always hopeful that they will win. That doesn't mean I'm optimistic about their chances. My level of optimism is based on the reality of the situation they find themselves in.

Currently, the Chargers are going on the road to play a very good Chicago Bears team. The Chargers are decimated by injuries, especially to the O-line. Dielman is out, and McNeill most likely as well..... same for Vasquez. The Chargers signed two lineman off the street this week. Having two lead footed tackles at the corners (Clary & Dombrowski) facing Julius Peppers is not a good thing.

Rivers leads the league in turnovers, and the Bears just preyed on the Lions QB Stafford. If the pass protection looks anything like it did against the Raiders, then Rivers will be a piƱata again. A jumpy QB is an inaccurate QB.

The receivers are banged up and unable to get separation...... Floyd can't even get on the field. Jackson is gimpy, Crayton is slow, and Gates is no longer able to get away from defenders like he did before. The only guy who shows an ability to get open was Brown, a guy who was criticized as being strictly a slow route runner..... go figure.

So, on offense, we have a porous O-line, an inaccurate QB, and a group of WRs that can't get open.... great combo.

The defense has been just as lackluster this year. The front hasn't been able to stop the run effectively of late, and the pass rush has been ineffective all year. Spikes hasn't practiced since the concussion, so we can only count on Butler inside against the run. The lack of Phillips is a real problem, and the rotation of OLBs is simply not good enough to get pressure without sending extra bodies...... something Manusky has been unwilling to do. Where are the corner or safety blitzes that Rivera utilized last year?

The corner play has been a real disappointment. The revolving Cason/Gilchrist spot, with Jammer opposite, has been exposed too often. The worst of it is the big plays that has burned the team lately. Jammer's age has shown in the speed WRs getting the best of him. The Bears have Devin Hester...... who among those three can run with that guy? Speed kills, as the saying goes, and it certainly has killed this secondary.

So, on defense, we have a weak D-line against the run, OLBs who can't get effective pressure, and a secondary vulnerable to the deep ball.

How does this current group matchup against the Chicago Bears?........ you tell me.

21. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    I'll watch while I'm entertained. As for following other teams I might not follow another, I have plenty of other things I can do anyway.

22. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    Squirrel!!

(If too subtle for shorter attention-spanned gen, substitute "stupid & contagious" lyric)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Being disappointed in the team is one thing.

Bitching pretty much non-stop like a little girl is another.

• Like Like x 6
  24. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    The only squirrels are those who just accept what the front office do and are more worried about what other fans think than what the team does. That's the definition of a homer.

25. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I love Charger football. There ain't never a dull moment with this club.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Worried a bout what other fan think... Like if they accept the front offie or mediocrity... Right?

27. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    I'm just responding to other people here, I didn't start it. It's quite typical for homers to be more concerned about what other fans think than what the team does.

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Its all cool regardless of if you are responding or starting. You have your opinion and can voice it.

I just think there are two sides to that 'othre people concerned about what other fans think" mirror. Those who claim others accept mediocrity are doing the same thing the others are in questioning fanhood. It all means we are having a suck egg season so far...

29. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    I see it all the time though on boards whether the team is having a very bad season or not so bad, you get people questioning anyone's 'fanhood' just for criticising aspects of the team. Why should it bother them? People will support in different ways, not everyone has to be exactly like them.

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    YES THEY DO! Individualism shall be stamped out!

• Like Like x 1