1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Line in the sand-Osgood stays away

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BFISA, May 20, 2008.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  2. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...These guys just never learn. He's not impressing his teammates or potential suitors, for that matter, should he become a free agent. There must be SOMETHING missing in this dudes receiving skills or he would have already cracked the WR fleet. Just be a team player and if deserving...the rewards will come. Does this role player really think he can strongarm A.J.?? Get real :icon_huh:

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Kassim, Kassim, Kassim....

:trout:

Don't let the door hit your *** on the way out.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If he's smart, he'll show up at training camp. If he beats out Chambers, Jackson, Buster, Parker, or Naanee... he has a case.

Other wise, shut up and play special teams!!!

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
  6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Osgood couldn't beat anyone for a WR slot before Chambers came here last year. I seriously doubt he can now.

He's gone.

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Coercion always works so well with AJ. I'll bet our GM is just beside himself right now. How many spare leetle Gr-r-ray cells does it take to realize that we have three rookies who will be vying for his spot on special teams a full roster of receivers. I was just thinking. Chambers, Gates, VJ, Parker, Davis, Naanee, LT, Hester and Manu cataching balls. Not to mention Chandler and the occasional oddball play. With all that, if Rivers really goes off, we could have 4,000 yards through the air without a 1,000 yard receiver. We could also have four grand with three one grand receivers. Kassim has gone way out on a limb and AJ will simply let him twist in the wind.

8. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Coercion always works so well with AJ. I'll bet our GM is just beside himself right now. How many spare leetle Gr-r-ray cells does it take to realize that we have three rookies who will be vying for his spot on special teams and a full roster of receivers. I was just thinking. Chambers, Gates, VJ, Parker, Davis, Naanee, LT, Hester and Manu catching balls. Not to mention Chandler and the occasional oddball play. With all that, if Rivers really goes off, we could have 4,000 yards through the air without a 1,000 yard receiver. We could also have four grand with three one grand receivers. Kassim has gone way out on a limb and AJ will simply let him twist in the wind.

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Kassim... You are 100% replaceable.

DUH.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Let's see - Gates was held out of a game by AJ for failing to sign a deal & get into camp on time.

Does Osgood REALLY think that he has more clout w/AJ than Gates?? :icon_huh: :lol: :icon_rofl:

See ya, fool!!!!!!!!!

11. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Bye bye Milli....er.....Osgood.

12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    This tool just does not get it. If he had shown any talent as a WR in mini-camp, pre-season or practice, he would have cracked the staring lineup.

Another player listening the the bad advice of an agent. Shocking that his agent is Drew "Gimme some more face time on ESPN" Rosenhaus.

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Don't blame Drew. He knows if Osgood is gonna get paid, it won't be here, so he's trying to get his guy out of SD. Smart if you ask me, if all he wants to get PAID to play WR on a ****** team.

14. Blue and gold machine

Blue and gold machine BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    OPTION A:.......Shut up and play special teams for a Super Bowl Contender for 1 more year and (hopefully) leave with a ring on your finger...

OPTION B.......Or hold out and be a piece of Sh!t and have your teammates loose respect for you...maybe get cut and be a star receiver for some team that wont have a chance of winning a Super Bowl for your whole career.

I'm no football player but I'll take option A.

15. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    This is also a business. If he can get a proper deal with another team for the time he has left in the league, then he'll go for it. I have to wonder if he already has someone in mind. Other teams can't tamper, but his agent can hunt and peck all he wants through third parties.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't think he could either but if he feels he deserves to be a WR... show it!!! Don't tell it!!!

I don't think he's gone. Keep him for the last two years and make him play special teams!!