1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lions consider options as draft nears (LT)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4946962

NDIANAPOLIS -- With 30 losses in the previous two seasons, the Detroit Lions are willing to consider any option available to get things turned around. Those options include trading the No. 2 pick in the draft and making a run at LaDainian Tomlinson.

"We're open to just about everything," Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said Thursday at the NFL scouting combine. "Whether you keep the second pick or whether you trade down, it doesn't change what you have to do -- that's make good decisions in the draft. There are blue-chip players available a lot of different spots in the draft."

The Lions, who were just 2-14 last year after going 0-16 in 2008, need to upgrade their running game. Detroit ranked 24th in the league with 101 yards per game. So Schwartz didn't rule out picking up Tomlinson, the longtime San Diego Chargers back who was released Monday after a nine-year run in which he became one of the greatest running backs in NFL history.

"We'll look at every way we can to improve the team," Schwartz said. "I don't think we make any decisions and just blanket say, 'No, we're not interested.' Every player has something they can bring and if they can help us win, we'll look at just about everything. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him."

2. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    I must confess that I am a life long Lions fan. I grew up in the Detroit area and of course followed the Lions for all the years I lived there. I even played a couple of HS games in the Silverdome. If LT becomes a Lion I would be at a loss for words. I honestly feel there is NO WAY he signs with them but if he did I dont know what I would do. But I tell you this I sure as hell would try to watch more Detroit Lion games than I have the past 8 years.

Go for it LT become a Detroit Lion. :icon_rofl:

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Oh man. LT as a Lion. That's funny and sad @ the same time.

4. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    He wants to be on a Super Bowl Contender, not a Super Contender for the #1 Overall Pick.

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Do people actually think LT would go to Detroit? What is so hard to understand that when LT says he is going for a ring? That scratches Detroit off the list.

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    FYI -

People around here are starting to refer Jim Schwartz as a better looking version of Marty Mornhinweg (5-27)

:lol:

7. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    I also grew up near Detroit... I stand a better chance of going to Motown than LT does... and I'm NEVER GOiNG BACK.

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Kind of sad that the Lions think LT would even consider them.

:no:

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    If he goes to Detriot L.T. will stand for LOSING TEAM! :lol: