1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lions now LESS likely to grab Aaron Curry

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AnteaterCharger, Mar 14, 2009.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    1st overall pick is so not worth it.

Unless there is a hands down franchise QB in the mix like Peyton Manning or John Elway, they should be begging other teams to trade with them.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Good move by Detroit

I think they take an offensive lineman Jason Smith

they hope to get a year out of Cullpepper and groom one of the Drew kids for the future

:tup:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I still think it'll be Stafford

5. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    dunno know.

they kept Cullpepper over Kitna

I think they bought into the theory that a franchise QB would get killed and would cost old man Ford $$$$$

Recipe for disaster

:yes:

6. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    My theory is don't look a high level QB in the mouth because it almost always leads to disaster if you do. Stafford is a solid pro style QB who already has a good WR and RB to work with. Worse case scenario give him a red shirt year, also get some more DL/OL parts and go from there.

7. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    agree, but we are talking about Detroit here. They're still smarting over the Harrington pick from 2002.