1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lions Suck But...Ah, blame it on the schedule

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reg, Jun 2, 2008.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    or, maybe the Lions just suck

:icon_shrug:

:lol:

all you really need to do is look at the Lions depth to see why the second half was woeful. Injuries to key starters on defense and a beat up Kitna contributed more to their collapse than the schedule maker.

Their lack of depth is a testament to the crappy front office decision maker known as Matt Millan.

:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  2. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    I can say as a life long Lions fan.....

The Lions simply suck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The Barry Sanders era was cool but sine then... it's been bad.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    FIRE MATT MILLEN! :lol:

5. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

TELL IT BROTHER!!!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    As a GB fan by marriage, I say...

LONG LIVE MATT MILLEN!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    The Lions have a lot of nice pieces but lack a backbone. They are weak up the middle on both sides of the ball. They've got lots of weapons on offense and a QB who can get the ball to those guys and they've got some nice players on defense like Ernie Sims and Leigh Bodden but they just have too many weak spots which are capable of being exploited. I blasted the Drew Stanton pick and that was really a waste when they could have drafted Eric Wright or David Harris or even Dan Bazuin who barring another injury should be a very good NFL player. Until they draft better they are going nowhere. If their offense is able to play as well or better than last year which should be difficult given the upgrades on defense by the teams in their division, they should be able to repeat 7-9. If not, they are a 5-11 or 6-10 team.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't know. That organization seems to have problems.
    During the Barry Sanders era... supposedly Wane Fonts was the problem. So in comes Bobby Ross that was suppose to be the answer (especially with all that talent.) He ends up quitting before the season was over.

9. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Lions hire MTL to be GM I will turn them into superbowl contenders within 3 years.

10. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Drew Stanton is just the latest in a long line of F***ed up picks my the Lions. They will continue to suck in mediocrity until they get rid of Millan

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    My wife is also a GB fan. Right now she's in anti-Viking mode.

12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Jordon Dizon and Kevin Smith were actually good picks but the Cherilus pick will come back to haunt them on gameday when he commits a stupid penalty or lets a defender blow by him. Millen's rationale was that they drafted Cherilus because he is a great run blocker which I agree he should be a good run blocker in the NFL, and that they wanted to establish a power running game.. and they later drafted Kevin Smith to do that. But the problem is that they have all these weapons at wide receiver... so power running game is great and all but they have so much cash committed to their WRs and have been very successful throwing the ball... and they draft Cherilus who is a poor pass protector.

Dizon a lot of people blasted but the guy is very instinctive and fearless and should become a good player if he gets some protection on the defensive line somehow. Until he gets that protection he will be dogcrap in the NFL. He's got outstanding feet and change of direction ability. Typically with 140+ tackle white boy college linebackers you need them to show they have athleticism and fluidity on the field and Dizon has demonstrated adequate athleticism to be a productive player given the rest of his abilities. The problem is that they want to move him inside so he is a bit of a project and they are asking him to bulk up.... will he be able to handle the bulk? Worst case scenario he will make it somewhere in the NFL as a WLB if he does not pan out at MLB and is stuck behind Ernie Sims. I think he is the type of player Rod Marinelli will love and a perfect fit for their defensive scheme and he will automatically get playing time but anyway. I think the lions did a fair job in the middle rounds this year but blew it with Cherilus.

Personally I would have drafted Trevor Laws instead of Dizon but that is just me but the pick isn't as outrageous as it seems and I approve it :yes:

13. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    What's up with that way happy love stuff???

Did you take a new Luva???

:lol:

14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    That's a picture Ashton took of Chispa's tramp stamp :yes:

15. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

NOT MY CHIPPIE!!!

:icon_evil:

16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
  17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,584
    :lol::icon_rofl::lol::icon_rofl::lol::icon_rofl:

18. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    I will pay for your tattoo if you get the leisure las vegas logo on your lower back :icon_rofl:

19. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    They're like Raider fans....except they admit they suck