1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lisa Guerrero slams Patriots fans ... and Tom Brady

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RaptorKC, Oct 2, 2008.

1. RaptorKC

RaptorKC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    This is pretty classic. :lol:
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2008/09/lisa-guerrero-s.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    yeah, suck it! Without Tom Brady the organization can't even keep its fans. Brady is the piece that keeps the Patriots together. So hahahaha Pats fags - You don't have a team without Tom.

3. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :tup: :icon_rofl:

4. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    What...:icon_huh:

no pics of Lisa...:tdown:

a week early but what the heck...

P*TS SUCK...

ahhhh, that's better... and speaking of slamming...

[​IMG]

5. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    She's just jealous that A-Rod beat her to Tawwwmy.

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/...ady_and_Alex_Rodriguez:_a_budding_bro-mance_/

6. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    :icon_eek: .... that's soooooooo gee....:lol:

7. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942

What about Erin Andrews?

[​IMG]

8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    GREAT TONGUE,.... :lol:

9. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    The guy on the right agrees...

[​IMG]

10. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Wait....she was the "entertainment director" for the Patriots(and the Falcons). How does that qualify her to evaluate an NFL franchise? What the hell is the job description for the E.D. of an NFL team?

She couldn't hold her own as a sideline reporter on Monday Night Football. If I'm not mistaken, that isn't a labor intesive job, or, one that requires even a cursory grasp of the game.

I'm shocked that the crowd at Foxborough would treat her like a tramp. Wait....she took her clothes off for money.....right? Hmmmmmm.....suddenly this is all making sense.

She's welcome to her opinion, but, she's better off to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to speak up and confirm it.

11. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Well, in all fairness almost all football fans aren't "qualified" to evaluate an NFL franchise, yet we all do. I'm an operator of nuclear reactors. Nothing to do with football, but I'll evaluate any franchise out there, and be fairly accurate too I'd like to think!

At least she has first hand experience with the Pats organization during some of it's darkest days as a fan. That's more than most people do. I think she makes a good point about the fans leaving in droves while the Fins were whomping on the Pats. IMO, it just proves that it's not just San Diego with it's huge share of fair-weather fans!

Also, I'd hardly consider FHM taking her clothes off for money. Unless she posed in Playboy or something and I'm not aware of it. Regardless, who am I to judge her for taking her clothes off for money? Hell, I'd do it if someone would pay me!!! :tup::icon_rofl: Too bad they're more likely to pay me to keep them on. :icon_shrug:

12. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    No kidding...look at the stands at a KC game, it's half empty and KC supposedly has the most loyal fans in the NFL. :icon_huh:

But the point Lisa is making is that Pats fans are smarmy bandwaggoneers, sure they have dozens of smug diehard fans but who cares?

**** the pats! I wish Belichick was on the field so he could suffer a painful career ending injury.

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    She didn't bag on the organization so much as it's fans.

And what's wrong with her taking off her clothes for money??

• Like Like x 1
  14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Kinda reminds one of the image of the Bengals fans bailing after PR's TD toss to Manu; they couldn't get outta there fast enuff :icon_eek: :icon_rofl:

15. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    This is what I've been saying for years every time people accuse Chargers fans of being bandwagoners. It's BS propaganda put out by east-coasters who love to think they have the monopaly on loyalty. Fact is there are maybe four or five teams in the NFL whose fans can claim they stuck by the team and sold out every game through thick and thin. The rest of the fans are all the same... win and the fans show up. Lose, and fewer fans show up. Put an embarassing product on the field and a lot of fans won't bother.

16. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  17. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Probably more than a good number of current Pats fans do.

18. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That's pretty much a given. :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    But the start of the 4th Q did look like a Dodger game in the 7th inning.

Why so bent? Did mommy not let you get the Lisa Guerrero issues?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Without Brady, that drama of always being in the game just ain't there anymore. Brady always gave them something to lean on when they were behind but that prop has been kicked out from underneath them.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Yep, so now the wheels are falling off the boston bandwagon.

Let's see how the "genius" does without Brady.

22. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Exactly.

As a matter of fact, if there is someone who should have the authority to criticize fans it's the Director of Entertainment.

New Englanders love to put on the front of being the ultimate never say die fans. They talk about the freeeezing winters, and their working class neighborhoods. They revel in their wonkey Bostonian accents and New England herritage. And they advertise to everyone how their stadium is always packed. I've traveled to Boston for games. I've seen and heard it first hand.

Truth is, they are no better than any other NFL fan. As a matter of fact they're worse because the success of the Patriot's has been co-opted by their fans' fabricated sense New England pride. But let's call it like it is. Their weather is shity, their neighborhoods run-down, their English is barely recognizable and their "New England herritage" is just another way to say, "We know it sucks *** here but let's call it 'herritage' so we can pretend we're better than everyone else."

I know I'm being a little harsh here. At Foxborough I have met quite a few very respectable fans who love their team and would show up to games whether 16-0 or 0-16. But once you put them in a large group... it's fahckin ahnbearahble.

So, yes, other cities including San Diego have fair weather fans. But so do the Patriots. The only difference is that our fair weather fans and hard-core fans alike get to watch their team while living in paradise. So sue us.

23. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I noticed how empty the stands were. It's so easy to say you are the best fans when everything is peachy and your team plays well. Everyone sticks around when your team is running up the score.

24. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    She posed in Playboy.

25. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Nothing. It doesn't make her opinion any more valid, though. In fact, I think it marginalizes her intellectually and speaks more to her need for attention(not unlike her opinion on this matter).

26. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    I'll give you that.

We refer to the "bandwagoners" as Pink Hats. A Pink Hat is one of those women that show up to Sox/Pats games with a pink version of the teams hat or t-shirt on. We've adopted it as the catch all term for front running fans.

27. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80

Um, no, I'm a grown up and roughly the same age as good old Lisa.

I was never big on those type of magazines, really. I was busy with "real" girls most of the time.......

28. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    It's time for the D to pick up the slack and make up for the void left by Brady. We're not out of it yet.

29. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    This makes no sense to me. Explain how the fans sense of heritage made the Patriots win.

30. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    When they stop selling out the Stadium you'll have a legit argument. The waiting list for season tickets at Gillette is roughly 60,000 people strong. Don't hold your breath waiting for too many open seats.