1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Liuget & Flowers to I.R.; Sorenson to the Active Roster

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by The LBC, Dec 12, 2015.

1. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ey-liuget-brandon-flowers-on-injured-reserve/

In addition to adding quarterback depth behind an ill Philip Rivers, the San Diego Chargers placed a pair of key defenders on injured reserve on Saturday.

Defensive end Corey Liuget and cornerbackBrandon Flowers were both placed on season-ending injured reserve by the Chargers.

Liuget had been playing with an injured foot while Flowers injured his knee last week against the Denver Broncos.

The activation of quarterback Brad Sorensen from the practice squad fills one of the two roster spots opened. In addition, defensive end Darius Philon was activated from the injured reserve/designated to return list by the Chargers on Saturday.

2. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Get down with the tank! At this position, we should be focusing on player development, Mike. Play the younger guys, don't punish (bench) Gordon like a 1st grader when he fumbles and get the young kids as many snaps as possible. At least, that's how I see it.

Since Houston is out for the Chiefs, and Hali isn't what he used to be, I'd play around with the OL. Can't be any worse than what we are currently seeing.

I want to see Tyrell Williams. All I really care about at this point. See what Stuckey can do at FS/SS.

3. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Will 3-13 get the Chargers No. 1 overall pick? Come on Ten & Cleveland!

4. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Playing the Lil Chargies is like having a Bye week for some of these PO bound teams. So why not rest their stars? Oh as for McCoy, he's now just being a petulant d*ckhead!

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Ramsey or Hargreaves?

6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Get the top pick and trade down... Need lots of ammo to hit on some decent players with their draft history.

7. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,024
    What do you an I care? See you next year on the local crochet forums :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    That's contingent on the Spanos clan not ******* up the move like they **** up everything else. ;)

9. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,024
    If the relocation vote gets delayed till March, the crochet forum may have to wait till the 2017 season :laugh:

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    At this rate, we will have more players in street clothes on our sideline than guys in uniform...

11. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Actually, that is what it has looked like on the sidelines the last couple of weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    One "positive" note: Flowers won't give up a big play against the Chiefs tomorrow.

13. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    It's about the timing, why did they wait until the last minute to put a player or players on IR, especially if they knew that these guys would be of no use to the team?

14. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    ^^^ Gamesmanship, trying to psych out KC.
    (I heard through an inside source they've bribed the hotel bus driver to deliver them to a local high school this morning instead of the stadium and claim KC was behind it all... maybe get a forfeit).

15. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    ^^^ I guess, just like the first time we played them this season, and only let the score get up to 33-3. We were just trying to figure out their Defensive and Offensive capabilities, softening them up for today's contest.

16. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    ^^^ Ah yes, the old "Lose by 30 Points" ploy.

453.jpg

17. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    I agree, but if Bosa is there, you take him.