1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LIVE Chargers conference NOW !!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
  2. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    LT was just up and Joel Price is doing his best to have us hold our water for Marty and Merriman and Rivers.....

3. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Marty coming on in just a few minutes.

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Lovie Smith is on right now trying to think of ways he can dodge all questions regarding Rex Grossman.

They will lose in the first playoff game with that guy QBing. Better for us, 'cause I don't wanna face that Bears' D in the superbowl.

5. Blackened

Blackened BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
  6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :icon_rofl: Yeah... Trumpy... whaddya' think? :icon_shrug:

Seriously, though.

I wonder how long it took Clinton to realize that if he had just gone to the ground immediately after the INT that he would have avoided the injury altogether.

Of course, he could blame Jue or Florence for not INTing sooner.

7. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I tried to keep up with him ......

We, were delighted to find another way to win a game.

There's also a number of things to get resolved.

Our ability to run the football was paramount to our success in the football game.

It was a classic example of field position. (compares the differences in halves)

The conditions were really difficult, and I was proud of the way our guys hung tough.

In the NFL it's a lot different than some competition, everybody in this league can beat you, or you can beat yourself. Any given Sunday, anybody can win.

When you start having players that are injured, and they have to be replaced by backups, there's a trickle down effect with the kicking game. We have some things to take care of. A kickoff into the wind, or a punt, that doesn't go far, it's hard to get guys down field into position.

This is a game of mementum. Our guys are confident we can keep chipping away at the task ahead of us, and get us a chance to win.

Merriman. He's the player we thought he was. He's ready for prime time.

I've always said I'd rather have an 80 yard TD pass against us, than someone wear you down on a long drive - emotionally. Our drive gave us some space.

MuzzCOWski did a nice job in his (Dielman's) absence.

Vince Jackson can block anybody. Linebackers or defensive lineman.

The offensive line. It's a matter of players with more experience. We have two OL coaches. They get a lot of individual time. It's served us very well.

Right now in our league, everybody is beat up.

Carlos Polk did a nice job for us yesterday.

Our focus is Denver. we haven't accomplished anything at this point in time, we're pleased we're on a roll, winnning six in a row. I have regard for Mike Shanahan and that organization. Their going to be a handle, and have a burr under their saddle.

Speaking of playoffs. I don't sit around and do the math. It's a waste of time. I understand why fans would do it, but the position we're in, we can't worry about down the road, we have to focus on this week. Relative to the playoffs, that's for later if it becomes real.

LT - You know it's remarkable.

Fullback. I don't know if he's a HoF candidate. They are overlooked. If you took a ballot or a poll in that locker room, (Neal) would be in the hall of fame. He is respected and a ??? individual. I'm not sure how they go through the process of balloting for HoF, ...... he does things in such a split second, his ability to adapt and adjust, quickly, is one of the best things I've seen about him. Lo does it on instinct.

LT's character - He understands the process. This isn't the time. The time to reflect is when the competition is over. That's when you take the time to step back and compare it to others. His mom is a delightful lady, it (character) started in his home.

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Marty's GPA was... well... "just above passing"

WTF was that all about? :icon_shrug:

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Marty is the ****.

All of you who doubted are now clenching your assscheeks :yes:

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think the old coot will retire if he gets the Lombardi this year.

Hell, he may gone no matter what. I just get the sense that he knows he's near the end and that's why he's decided to allow more freedom with the offense.

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    In candid conversations with Marty in an articles back in the day, Marty said there are five reasons he is with the Chargers.

Marty's contract with the Chargers was $5 million.

Money talks and the old fuc-k-er will be back. Look at Coach Levy who is looking to get back in the game at 88 years old or some stupid ****.

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    A.J. may want to have taboo sex with that "step sister" he could never pork in Marty. :yes:

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    How many years are left on his deal?

14. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Marty's deal goes through 2007, so he has one more season after this year.

Chargers.com Press Release

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Where was I? :icon_shrug: :lol:

Still, as you said... AJ and Marty are not friendly. And unless Marty has undergone some life-altering transformation, it is just not in his makeup to let so much control out from his clutches.

I still say he decides enough is enough if he gets the Lombardi.

Dude must be on the verge of heart attack each time he sees PR throwing the ball with a 3 pt lead (or more) and 10 minutes to go in the game! :lol:

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I had the type relationship in business and got along great and it is a matter of knowing how to play the game. :yes:

You can have polar opposites in mgt. style and still create synergy like you would not believe if everyone is on the same page.

That is what the meeting with Deano-o was about.... :yes:

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I very much believe that too.

Still, one person can say: "Fvck it. I'm going out on top!"
    and then walk out the door.

And with someone like Cam (hot HC prospect next year) waiting in the wings, it would be a seemless transition.

And then Marty rides off into the sunset a legend. With no question marks. I don't think he'd go Dicky Vermeil and regret it one bit.

Addition by subtraction can also be a success.

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Look dude it is the same as looking at that Marsha avatar you have going on.

At first, there is no way you see yourself giving her the high hard one.

~ THEN ~

After a few beers and wins ....

You wonder if she can take her teeth out. :icon_eek:

After that thought you are pretty much fuc't. :icon_mrgreen:

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Marty likes be dominated???

Kinky.

:lttehghost: :kisskiss: