1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LLV week FOUR - DOG watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I'll bet he still does the show, it just isn't carried by ESPN radio in SoCal.

I'll try and do a search on Westwood One and see which station is carrying the games now.

PS. That is a total crackup that Ditka went against the flow, picked Washington and proved he's still got the touch.

:icon_rofl:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I thought the line on the Panthers would move since it was reported that Steve Smith suffered a shoulder injury, but then realized it was the Gnats' rookie WR Steve Smith from USC they were talking about. :lol:

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    You sure about the LL for this week? Yeah, I know Buffalo is given 17 points, but their offense has been worse than ours.

Buffalo has scored only 17 points over two weeks and their secondary is really bad. In addition, the game is in New England so you know that the Pats will have their spy tactics in full swing for a division rival. Finally, getting some more revenge for that 31-0 drubbing a few years back is also fun for Belichick.

I might choose to bet the over of 42 points, since that might be more likely. I see another 38-14 or maybe 31-14 score.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, but that Buffalo offense, or lack of it, worries me. People here are jawing about us only scoring 28 points in two games.

Buffalo's only scored 17 ! One of those two TDs was off a punt return, so that means the offense has scored only 10 points. So now they are running into the Patriot juggernaut in Foxboro.

Belichick is probably going to win by 20+ again for the 3rd straight week.

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    If you are correct with the +17 on your LL, I will come on this thread and give you major props. But right now, I'm not feeling confident. It's not you, it's the Buffalo lack of offense that is causing that.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    What happened to brother JDog?!:icon_huh:

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, but as you guys have taught over the past year, Vegas gives them 17 points because they believe there's a 50 chance that NE beats them by more than that. Of course, there's also a 50 chance they lose by 17 or fewer.

What's the ML on an outright Buffalo victory? +100000000000? :lol:

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I'm digging those though. I might put $200 on each of the above in vBookie once the CFB betting threads are put up.

9. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Yeah, I think I hit on everything I wanted to cover all at once.

:icon_smile:

10. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    We've snuck off together to be married... I've finally confessed my undying love for him and found out the feeling was mutual... :eek:hmy:

11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    We haven't left... After our honeymoon, MTL and I will return...

12. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    MTL was mean to me for no reason, I would be lying if I said that isn't a factor. :)

T/K is just a fringe LLV member anyways. It's like losing cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch cast, no negative impact whatsoever.

PS. T/K is synonymous with "Anti-Norv". Everybody on this board knows that.

13. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    They put a beatdown on a tough Georgia Tech team in their house last week. :yes:

14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    It's not the same without you...AND..... You had the first NFL lock of the week hit... Indy vs NO on 9/6. Since then, well....... but who cares... We love your football takes...

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yes, That's Cousin Oliver

The kid who killed the Brady Bunch! :lol:

nice reference, TK!!! WOW.

16. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Slug, I don't specifically love this pick. But the worst team in football (ala the Bills) will cover +17 at least half the time against the best team (ala the Patriots) in football . The NFL clocks don't stop for jack squat so the games go very quickly. And there is so much parity in the league that nobody ever has that big of an advantage. Hell crappy teams straight up beat superior teams every single week. Covering a 17 points spread is no small order because once you're up by double digits strategy changes on both sides of the ball. This isn't college where you want to beat your opponent to death to show the nation you should be ranked higher. This is the NFL and the only thing that matters is the W. Late in the game with a big lead teams pull their best players because it's not worth the risk. Not to mention the fact that the Patriots are coming off an incredibly emotional blow out win. No way they match that level of intensity this week, absolutely zero chance. Like I said I'm not particularly enamored with this matchup, but I'll take 17 points in the NFL 10 times out of 10 before laying 17 of chalk.

17. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/showthread.php?p=292855#post292855