1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LLV week FOUR - DOG watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Sep 18, 2007.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Right now, I see the Jets as being better than the Bills in all areas. So, if the Jets could manage only 14 against the Pats, at home, and lose by 24, regardless of spy tactics, how are the Bills going to stay within 17 points of the Pats in Foxboro?

As I said, the Bills offense is bad, really bad, KC bad. 17 points in two weeks bad. JP Losman throwing for only 251 yards in two games and 0 TD bad.

That's why I'm worried that the Bills don't have the offensive firepower to stay within 17 points of probably the top offense in the league right now.

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :icon_eek:

God help us all.

And thank you. :icon_mrgreen:

3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Really, I make sure to read the posts of the regulars as well as IAD and Sluggo... I hope you both start posting more "regularly"

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    You have every right to be concerned. But the Bills are not going to be totally dreadful every single game. No team has that level of consistancy for better or worse. Sure the offense has been terrible, but they have talent on defense and that pretty much all it takes to cover +17. Not to mention I think you're making too much of the Jets game. First and foremost the Bills have a significantly better defense than the Jets = closer game. Additionally do you think that if the Jets and Pats played eachother 10 times the Pats would win by 24 more than two or three times, if that?

Additionally, in all likely hood I'm going to tease this game to Buffalo +24. Which would at least push if the Bills get shalacked just like the Jets did.

I'm not saying you have to agree that Bill +17 is a great bet, but in the name of God do not bet NE (or anybody NFL team for that matter) -17. :no:

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I actually think the Pats will be able to cover the spread 15 times out of 16 this year. This week doesn't seem to me to be the one time they don't.

As I said, I'm going against your LL this time, putting $500 BoltCash on the Pats to cover the 16.5 points or 17, and also $200 on the OVER. If you are right on your LL, then I'll give you major props.

I'm saving my $1000 for the Bolts in Green Bay.

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Wanna bet? :lol:

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    That Bills defense gave up 26 points to Pitt on Sunday and they lost by 23 on the road. The Pats are much better than Pitt.

8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :tup:

9. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    It's all good bro, neither one of us is going to change the others mind. And hanestly, it's not my nature to presume that I'm right and somebody else is wrong. So I will just say good luck to both of us and we'll see what goes down come the weekend. :yes: :tup:

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, how about last year?

The Chargers were favored by double-digits at least twice last year (-11.5 versus the Titans, and -10.5 versus the 49ers). 11 free points each time, and the Chargers covered it by more than double each time.

The Chargers could have been favored by 20 those two times and bettors would have lost each time grabbing for 20 free points.

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I try to keep my posts as irregular as possible... :yes: :lol:

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Slug I think you're thinking about this too globally. This isn't about the Chargers, nor the unique circumstances they found themselves in last year. This isn't about the Jets and the egg they laid. And this isn't about the Steelers. Trying to make this analogous to all these other teams and different seasons and how specific games played out for us last year gets you completely off track from what you're trying to evaluate... Bills v Pats.

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :icon_eek:

I feel so disagreeable today!

14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, I just remember the only time I bet against the Chargers in my history, and it made me feel sleazy, even though I won big.

Back in the Super Bowl the Bolts played versus the 49ers, I really thought the Niners would demolish the Chargers because while I saw all the Chargers games that year, I also saw most of the Niners games and how much they were pummeling people. I mean, 7 of the Niners' 13 regular season wins that season were by 21 points or more, and their first playoff win versus the Bears was by almost 30!

So, I made a bold declaration that the Niners would win by 20 points, even money. That's right, 49ers -20 (1:1) in the Super Bowl versus the Chargers. I also gave 10:1 if people thought the Chargers would win outright without the 20 point cushion. I got 20 bets of $20 on Chargers +20, and 10 bets of $10 Chargers win outright. $500 I made that Super Bowl game.

I felt so guilty though that I didn't bet anything for more than a decade.

15. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I did analyze it. I don't think the Bills offense can stay within 17 points of the Pats, nor their defense can hold the Pats down.

16. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I told you I felt sleazy about it. My pennance was no betting for more than a decade.