1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LLV week FOUR - DOG watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
  2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Maybe that thread will create more of a buzz that will make things more fun here? This thread could use the help.

3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    That's what I thought....FO's delete finger is twitching up a storm right now... ;)

I think we all should post/read over there too. Time will tell if anyone at the UT has our caliber of talent.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://forum.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?p=2791245#post2791245

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
  5. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Hay guys... I've had my share of problems at that other place... but I still post and read over there... There are some great posters with great football knowledge.... I'm just now trying to determine their gambling IQs....

I have no hidden agendas or alterior motives...

If I see any good posts, I'll link them here.

6. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    South Carolina looked pretty good against UGA. I think the Spurrier offense is starting to click.

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    That's because LSU > USC.

Both of them.

:lol:

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    :yes:

Too bad LSU and Florida will have to play each other in the SEC Championship if they continue their winning ways, meaning one of them will lose and go down in the polls at the end.

Otherwise, I wouldn't mind seeing Florida vs LSU in the National Championship.

9. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah. I think the "best" D overpowers the "best" O.

Just like this past NCS NC game of Ohio State vs. Florida.

Florida's top notch defense made mince-meat of OSU's vaunted offense of Troy Smith, Anthony Gonzalez, and Ted Ginn. Yeah, yeah, Ginn injured his ankle celebrating ( :lol: ) his kick return for a TD that game, but still, the OSU offense had enough firepower to average 40 ppg throughout the season. Except against Florida's defense. They made Troy Smith look like a Pee-Wee kiddie QB.

10. PhilipRivers#1

Ratings:
    +464
    I agree they're pretty good.

I think the question is how much better is LSU than UGA ?

Are they -16 better ? :icon_huh:

11. PhilipRivers#1

Ratings:
    +464
    WOW !! Thats pretty good !! :icon_eek:

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yup, they lost one of their best defensive players, LaRon Landry, to the draft, and haven't skipped a beat.

They are that good and deeeeeeeeeep !
    :icon_eek:

13. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Over on OK/Tulsa of 67 looks really good. Both teams have been doing major scoring the past couple of weeks.

Tulsa ripped 35 points first week and 55 points on BYU.

OK has scored at least 50 points every game so far.

This has the makings of a 52 - 28 game.

You might even think about teasing the over to 70 points.

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Carrie, I don't know if you saw the link DOG posted last week. But there was a guy at therx.com last year who identified what he called "sucker bets" every week for like the first 13 weeks and went something like 12-1. Basically he looked for lines that appeared too good to be true and that had a ton of public money on one side, but didn't move much. He also gave a lot of consideration to the public opinion based on a teams recent exposure and performance.

Last week I had identified NO -3.5 as a sucker bet and sure enough, Tampa Bay rolled.

This week I'm looking at JAX +3 as the sucker bet this week. As crappy as the Donkeys have looked does anybody really expect them to beat the Jags this week? The line has gone from +3.5 to +3 so you know the public is heavily on Jacksonville. Basically the idea is that the books have identified some matchup or trend that gives Denver some kind of edge on the field. Figure they're getting 3 points just for being at home, and on a netural field the books would call this a pick. And in my mind (and I think the mind of public) the Jags are just an all around better team, which makes this line very suspicious so I think the play is to fade it and take Denver. But of course since one of the criteria is that the line doesn't move despite public pressure, this might not be a "sucker bet" this week.

The other game I think looks to be this kind of play is CAR @ ATL. The Panthers are off to their typical slow start but a lot of experts have them (barring injury) in the playoffs at the end of the season. At the same time everybody expects the Falcons to be at the bottom of the barrell. The Panthers are only giving up 3.5 points, the line hasn't moved, and this line really just seems to good to be true. I mean have ya'll seen Joey Harrington this year? :no: Anyways the analysis is pretty much the same as for the DEN/JAX game, but I think this one looks even more tempting so again, I think the play is to fade the tempting line and take ATL +3.5.

But we'll see... I'm going to play quite a few games, probably not until Saturday, but I'll make sure I post 'em. :yes:

EDIT: I'm also off the Texans this week. :yes: They're finally getting some positive press so now I'm not the only one who's going to think they're a smart bet. Between Johnsons injury and their early success I think they're due for a let down this week.

15. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    IAD.. Atlanta is talking to Leftwich. Wonder if peeps are holding off to see what happens there. ;)

Jags and ATL would be an interesting teaser...