1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LLV week NINE.......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    OH EC... I really hope that hits for you... :icon_party:

2. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I'm guessing that the crystal clear water means a cleansing of some sort.

That the fire, while it will burn the brush down, a new rebirth will occur. I think thats what the tadpoles represent, a rebirth and a new beginning.

Of course, thats only a guess. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    OK, Dr. Phil... Nice try... I was gonna go all Dr. Ruth on Kim and suggest another meaning for the tadpoles... :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Reminds me of a story... Went to a party years ago.. where you had to pick a name out of a hat. You were to impersonate the person you picked as you had conversations with the other guests. Well, I picked Dr. Ruth... :yes: :lol: Made for some interesting conversations until my "personna" was guessed...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    My first guess was Del Taco drive-thru at 11:00 PM? :icon_shrug:

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398
    Im a chick magnet :thumbup:

6. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

[​IMG]

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Must have added extra fish and chili for seasoning. :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  8. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    The end of an NBA bench can be a lonely place, but for the three players jockeying for the final spot on the Toronto Raptors' 15-man roster, it might as well be a small slice of heaven.

The three are Jamario Moon, Juan Dixon and Luke Jackson. Their future — in Toronto at least — will be decided next Monday, when NBA teams have to complete their rosters for the start of the regular season.

And really, it's a battle between Dixon and Jackson, two players added in the midst of last season and going through their first full training camp with the team.

Moon promises to be one of Toronto's feel-good stories. An NBA rookie at 27 after playing in the lowest of professional basketball's minor leagues, the 6-foot-8 forward is all but guaranteed a roster spot at this stage.

"Athletically, you just can't keep your eyes off him," one team insider said the other day. "You keep watching to see what he'll do next."

Or, as Dixon put it earlier in training camp, "That kid is athletic as [anything]."

So compelling has Moon been at times this month that there have been musings among the Raptors' brain trust about starting him at small forward to provide a jolt of electricity to a lineup loaded with skill but lacking snap.

It's that lacking that makes Joey Graham, brain cramps aside, an almost certain candidate to have his fourth-year option exercised by the club.

He's the only player on the roster whose combination of size and power are exceptional for his position, so he's going to get more chances to make plays between mistakes.

:abq2:

Remember the name guys, Jamario Moon. Dude is an athletic FREAK like you've never seen. 45 inch vertical and that is not an estimate. Looks like another STEAL by Brian Colangelo :icon_banana: If he STARTS he will be in the rookie game and dunk competition no question. Sam Mitchell has been drooling over him in the preseason and camp. Dude can do it all... sweet jump shot, defense, 3pt range, block shots, steal, pass, rebound... dude is AWESOME. Gonna be a sick player for years to come. Poor man's Lebron James... hanest!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oe8PzfOdUPw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oe8PzfOdUPw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629
    vBookie:
    Week 8 Thursday Oct 25, 2007
    4PM
    =================================
    101:Boston College +3 @ Virginia Tech
    101:Virginia Tech -3 VS Boston College
    101:Over 43.5
    101:Under 43.5
    101:ML Virginia Tech -155
    101:ML Boston College +140

6PM
    101:Air Force +5.5 @ New Mexico
    101:New Mexico -5.5 VS Air Force
    101:Over 47.5
    101:Under 47.5
    101:ML New Mexico -230
    101:ML Air Force +205

Week 8 Friday Oct 26, 2007
    6PM
    101:Boise State -3 @ Fresno State
    101:Fresno State +3 VS Boise State
    101:Over 63.5
    101:Under 63.5
    101:ML Fresno State +140
    101:ML Boise State -150

Bet Big Bet Often!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Then you know it can be a blessing AND a curse. :unsure:

:lol:

11. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I hope all of you still surrounded by active fires are ok...things have calmed down around here this evening...I don't see orange glowing hills tonight...still a ton of smoke but much better. I pray no one lost their home. I hope everybody sleeps well and has sweet non-fire or tad-pole related dreams. And I don't eat junkie Del Taco drive-thru at 11 p.m. TK! :mad: :icon_wink: I'm sleepy. Nite.

12. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Good morning LLV. We had some weeners with the Red Sox pick last night... :tup:

[​IMG]

13. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    OK, start talking sports or I'll subject you all to pics of Alina in her pink and white kitty cat Halloween costume... I'll do one an hour until I see some talk of sports or gambling... :yes:

Attached Files:

14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Ah, the threat of "cute toddlers in Halloween garb" eh?

15. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Nah, just kidding... I wouldn't subject you all to that just yet... But I'll find ways to slip in cute pics once in a while. :icon_mrgreen:

We need a pumpkin smiley... ;)

16. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851

[​IMG]

17. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

an internet smiley pumpkin... :lol:

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Here are some options...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Nice play EC! :icon_toast:

20. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    What a disappointing response. I guess I was wrong to expect more from you. I've known you to be a reasonable person leisure, but in this case you've proved me wrong.

So your saying LLV is your ball and nobody at BoltTalk is going to play with it? Well, if that's your choice, but I'm tired of the threats you send me every week that you are pulling LLv from BoltTalk. I have bent over backwards to make accommodations for you leisure. Everything you have asked for I have done, yet every week there is a new reason you want to take your ball and leave so nobody else can play.

LLV is truly done at BoltTalk. Yes it is official. I am sorry to those of you that enjoyed this thread, but I'm not going to continue to get blamed by leisure for every perceived threat or disagreement leisure has on this board.

If anyone wants to start a new gambling talk thread, please send me a PM. We can discuss what I can do to help facilitate it's success. Enjoy the last few days of LLV 9, because there will be no LLV 10 here.

21. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Yikes... :eek:

I really do wish leisure would have acknowledged Thumper's nice post to him wishing he and his family well, rather than responding to just one post. Given what has transpired in the last two weeks, I'm not surprised that the LLV plug has been pulled...

[​IMG]

22. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    No offense to anybody but this is lame. If LLV truly is done then that's a shame and I'm sorry but the petty differences and the internet insecurities of a few posters has caused a lot of drama in here recently and we all know who I'm talking about. It pisses me off because for a long time I really enjoyed Bolttalk but as I said a few have really done some damage (or so it appears). That and the many grab-*** threads often fueled by mods themselves is weak especially when some of those same people seem to have such a distaste for LLV.

leisure I thought Thumper did a pretty good job of explaining himself and yes you should try and work it out if you really want LLV to continue here.

Looks like the war is lost. :tdown::icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629
    That about sums it up for me.

24. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Thumper [​IMG]
    This was a private message to leisure.

Yes it was as I had received multiple complaints about this title. While some might not feel it is an insensitive thread title, I know others disagree.

I have never logged into leisures account. Did not and would not happen, period. This was a private message that I sent leisure and he decided to cut and paste into a public thread.

This is correct.

leisure, the mods (nor myself) have a hard on for you as you put it. If anything, you get away with much more than most posters. Please don't lecture me about the fires. I was there last time we had fires and had a family member lose their home in Julian. This time I have family that live in Scripts Ranch that I can not reach. But then again, how these fires affect others is of no concern to leisure is it? At least that's how your acting. In reality, I got complaints about the title and thought the best thing to do while being sensitive to this situation would be to remove the "Burned Alive" moniker. Sorry that you see an act of being sensitive towards peoples feelings is an attack against yourself.

As far as the post you reference, I have never seen it. I know nothing about this post, but will check it out and it there is something inappropriate about it, something will be done. Simple as that. If there are other offensive posts, please use the "report post" option to report it as every post reported will be checked by a moderator.

Here is the explanation. It never happened. I never logged onto leisures account. leisure decided to post the content of a PM to him.

exactly.

Now a last word to leisure. I would normally send this in a PM, but with leisure posting the content of my PMs publicly, I might just save him some time cutting and pasting.

Seriously leisure, you need to check yourself. I have been supportive of LLV since day one. What you call me having a hard on for you is me trying to be fair and see both sides when ever there is a conflict. If you are so sensitive that my act of removing two words that were in bad taste from the title of your LLV thread, then maybe it's time for LLV to hit the road.

And, no I'm not saying that LLV is done here, that's your choice. but, it you can't get along in the community that is this forum and you judge everything not leisureworld as a slight against yourself, then it's probably time to evaluate what you're doing here.

Now you have told me in the past that you are a reasonable person. you know that I'm a reasonable person. So if you want to clear the air or get a better understanding of our actions, please send me a PM instead of turning this into a huge public display of drama.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:icon_eek:

25. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think that is a misconception that any mod here has a distaste for LLV. I know that just isn't true.

There will be a new gambling talk thread which may or may not enjoy the same success as leisure's threads, but it won't be named LLV or be part of leisureworld.

I too am very sorry it has come to this, but in all honestly, I really had no decision in the matter except that I have finally excepted leisure's wishes to leave here.

• Like Like x 1
  26. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    [​IMG]

I need to get my NFL plays in on friday 'cause I'm gonna be in SD for the weekend. :abq1:

I'm betting nothing but teasers right now. All these NFL lines scare me... but here are the games I'm looking at right now.

IND pick @ CAR
    NYG -3 @ MIA
    TEN pick v OAK
    BUF +10 @ NYJ
    JAX +11 @ TB
    WAS +23.5 @ NE

I think WAS actually covers the +16.5 this week. They're a much much better team than the 'phins and they actually have a couple good CBs. We'll see though.

27. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    leisure

Quit being a candy *** and post .... dammit.

Remember, I created the slogan "leisure Las Vegas" .... if you take it to another forum, then you owe me rights fees.

:abq1:

28. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

Nice picks...:football:

Will you be going to the Bolts/Houston game this weekend?

29. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I've thought about it, but probably not. I don't want to commit to tickets 'cause at this point the game could get moved to Monday. And even if starts Sunday at 1pm I have to not drink very much beer and be prepared to not be back in Vegas until kinda late and have to work early Monday. If they announce for sure that the game is going to be Sunday I might see if anybody has some spares to sell, but it's kind of a tough call.