1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Look at the positives!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by swishbish33, Sep 23, 2007.

1. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    If the Chargers don't make the playoffs, Norv and Cottrell will be axed...

2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    LT is almost past his prime.... Turner will be gone next year... They need to win this year.

3. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Oh ya that is just a great way to look at it! :tdown:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    real positives

Positives

Rivers - he did play alot better INT included
    Jackson/Floyd/Davis - Much better play, a good sign
    Gates - Incredible
    Weddle, Florence, Hart (ish) and Jammer - these three made alot of plays with NO help from the pass rush.
    LT - Getting much better
    Phillips - two sacks

5. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    It's a joke, man.

Still early in the season guys...

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    if the chargers are 1-5 at bye week AJ will be axed.

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    I strongly disagree with you...

LT is IN his prime (we went thru this last year) but he does have a few (3-4) more productive years

No they don't !

Rivers, Gates, Jackson, Davis, Floyd, McNeill, Dielman, Hardwick, Castillo,Merriman,Phillips,Weddle are ALL young and signed for a long time (better years to come)

It took the Colts many years to win it all, this Chargers team will probably go thru many painfull playoff exits before they win a couple :yes: of rings and even though right now it stinks I'll be watching every damn game :tup:

P.S. I agree with you on Turner

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I wouldn't axe him

Just:
    1. Axe his two 'boys' in Cottrell and Turner
    2. Prevent him from EVER having ANY say in the picking of head coaches or most coordinators. Have Deano and/or Nix pick it.

9. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    They had to win last year. This year........it's starting to look like a Mack truck parked on the side of a hill without the emergency break....it's only a matter of time before it comes crashing down hill.
    Care to venture why LT and Rivers are going at it....can't help but think the frustration at the player level is only going to get worse and boil over. F'ing mess.

10. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    This game was almost entirely on Norv, Cottrell, and by extension AJ. Terrible coaching.

11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    BRIGHT SIDE: The game is over and it's not even 2pm. This day isn't a total waste.

12. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Geez, how do you stay so positive? LOL

13. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

Without Turner, there will be more pressure on LT with respect to the runnng game. It's only going to get harder for him, not easier... He's getting older, not younger. :icon_shrug:

14. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    weed and my ted cottrell dart board :icon_tease:

seriously i was down in the dumps about NE and questioning if this team had any positives so from that to this is indeed something to smile upon.

15. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Another positive:

Jaguars 17
    Broncos 7

16. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    the guy in the LT jersey hugging the packers reciever when he did the Lambeau leap...that wasn't you was it? :icon_shrug: :icon_tease:

17. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yeah, I couldn't believe that ****.

18. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Another positive:

I started drinking.

19. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Here's a positive.

Everyone but the Arena League Tailgate Brigade has seen Hart exposed for the piece of **** that he is.

20. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    the more I look at it the more I realize that others have done better scouting jobs than him and have had better drafts since 2004 yielding more HARDCORE players and the only reason AJ has his job is his ability as a scout, period. I can't fault him for inheriting LT though :yes:

21. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    :icon_toast:

22. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Doesn't Norv have a 4 or 5 year contract?
    If so, he's not going anywhere next year.
    I read someone talking about how many years it took the Colts to finally win the big one, and that's true...but you need to also realize, they had the same coaching staff through it all, and it was a winning staff.
    We've changed from a winning staff, to a staff that's known nothing but losing. Norv has never gone into a situation and been able to make it better, his teams are as bad when he leaves, as they were when he arrived.

23. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    People can do BETTER and people probably have. Some teams have had better drafts then the Chargers.
    But no one, not even Bellichek and Pilosi (or whatever the Pat GM's name is) or Ozzie Newsome or Jerry Jones has had as many GOOD drafts CONSISTENTLY. Just based on the number of players impacting this team from the drafts and from UDFA/Supplemental Draft, AJ and buddy nix are lightyears ahead of other teams

24. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +272
    I'm glad others here can find some positives. If it was up to me...Norv Turner would be on the next bus out of town. If I was him I'd be looking for a good realtor...San Diego is a tough market if you have to sell in a hurry. :censored:

This guy has been pretty pathetic for his first three games. The only emotion he has shown is when he gets a little pout on his face... sort of like he is warming up to take a dump!

:bored:

He needs to fire our boys up!

He is certainly making an impression on the rest of the NFL... they're watching him turn a fine-tuned Ferrari into a beat-up Yugo. Where's this great offensive mind we keep hearing about ??? He's taken us us from the cream of the crop to ;ast years leftovers.

Geez---if you can't beat :gb: reen Bay with Methuseluh at QB, you can't beat many teams! If Favre could play against our D all the time he might decide to keep going until he can collect social security.

Talk about a deflating game... this was it. :icon_evil:

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    EC stated the first positive:
    - Donkeys lose... so we're only 1 game out. And they didn't just lose, they lost partly because Shanny outsmarted himself. His choice to go for it on 4th down with 4+ minutes to go was just plain stupid. And it cost his team dearly.

Now for the rest of the positives:
    - Rivers finally got to sling the rock and play with his newest toy... Buster Davis. This kid is going to be making big plays in the very near future.
    - LT ran like those biitches stole his wallet. He was piissed and you could see it in his play. Keyshawn made a statement prior to the game that he thought LT wasn't hitting the hole very hard or running like he used to. If you were really watching him today, he wanted to hurt someone... especially on that TD.
    - The offensive play calling was much better. There were guys open and plays to be made. The players didn't execute when it mattered most and that's what cost 'em.
    - 1st half scoring. That was an important hurdle. 2 TDs... and the one to cut the lead to 3 right before half showed some balls. The offense is almost there.

I'm sure there were more positives that I didn't mention. But right now my mind is cloudy due to the raging hate I have for our defense. :lol:

EDIT: I forgot to add this positive... tomorrow, instead of working, I am playing golf. And Friday, instead of working, I am playing golf. So you see people... there really is hope... for me, at least!!! WOO HOO!!! And now I'm getting loaded!!

26. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I understand that it's easy to get down in the dumps. For those bashing the coaching staff, understandable, but I'll wait for more than 3 games to pass judgment on anything. Ted Cottrell worries me more than Norv, but the season is long.

With that said, keep in mind:

1) The AFC West is much weaker this season.
    2) The Chargers are only 1 game behind the Broncos
    3) The Broncos are the biggest threat in the AFC west and have looked fairly mediocre pulling off last minute wins against the RAIDERS and the BILLS.
    4) There is a lot of football left to be played.

Let's hope our boys can get their act together, make the playoffs, and let the chips fall where they may.

27. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    When exactly do Cowher's kids finish school?

28. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +272
    Say what you want about Marty... he had the players all focused and heading in the right direction. Turner seems like he could give a crap about what's going on. They certanily weren't openly fighting on the sidelines. Norv... stand up, take control of your team and be a leader--- not a Bill Gates, computer geek, look-a-like. Norv you should be acting like your job depends on ther Chargers winning footrball games... because it friggin' does dammit!

Show me some fire Norvie!