1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Look in the crystal ball

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Aug 24, 2005
    This is an article that asks "10 pressing questions to ponder" about the upcoming season.

I like #10.

• Like Like x 1

SD THUNDER BoltTalker

Jan 12, 2008
    Let's all hope & pray The Bolts CAN stay healthy !
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Jan 19, 2006
    church baby church
  4. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2007
    I love number 6...can the Tuna save the Dolphins.....:lol:

hmmm, wish I had a crystal ball....:yes:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006
    Even with Gates and Hardwick doubtful for the soft front end of the schedule, we are not as vulnerable to injury as last year, with the exception of Phillip and LT. We have serious depth in the back seven, and servicable depth in the front three on defense. Newberry, Shelton and, in my humble, illogical and evidentially thin opinion, Erik Robertson give us more depth than last year up front on offense. Volek has show he is a capable caddy and whitehurst is suffering from sub clipboard angst. At wide receiver, we have open speculation that we should cut a guy as reliable as Parker and the unsung Floyd and ST wiz Osgood chomping at the bit.

We have a decent committee behind LT. I will state this now, and feel free to call me on this, but if you cull our starters from the list, right now, accept for the DB's, we actually have a decent starting line up in our reserves. Not a playoff team, but better than Miami, better than Houston, better than the jets, better than Detroit, as good as KC or Oakland and probably Denver. Tell me I'm delusional if you must, but we have at least an 8-8 team in our division with most, if not all, of our starters out. Baltimore, New England, Tennessee and JAX, would probably whack us, but this year we could be bulllet proof into the playoffs. Unless, of course, the team gets as carried away with themselves as I just did with my own self. But I still think our reserves are a respectable starting line up.