1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Look Out Below...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Oct 17, 2010.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Another week, another bad loss to an inferior team on the road.

With homers against New England and Tennessee, and a roadie at Houston for our next three...could we possibly be 2-7 going to the bye? Are we now looking at the start of a complete collapse?

And please don't turn this into another Fire Whoever thread...goodness knows we have plenty.

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Fire Norv NOW. WORST COACH IN THE FRIKKING LEAGUE.

3. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Leave Norv and Keading in f..ing StL

Bring Marty Back

4. BoltFanDan

BoltFanDan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +95
    I honestly dont see more than 5-6 wins this year...less even if we manage to get Rivers hurt....he isnt going to survive 7 sacks a game for long.

I want a 10 win season...but look at the sched...I just dont see it.

5. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    I WANT MARTY BACK NOW. FIRE NORV

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Can I get a 12 pack a two blond strippers to go please

:)

7. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Lol at anyone wanting Marty back

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm with you until...

..you just went full retard

9. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Oh am sorry please forgive me. Norv is the greatest head coach ever with out a doubt. I am stupid for even thinking Marty since its proven Marty is the worst coach ever. Please I regret saying that and from now on won't say it. Go Norv Turner!!!

10. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Oh am sorry please forgive me. Norv is the greatest head coach ever with out a doubt. I am stupid for even thinking Marty since its proven Marty is the worst coach ever. Please I regret saying that and from now on won't say it. Go Norv Turner!!!

11. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I really, really am trying to bite my tongue today...I've been pretty vocal about my distaste for Norv's coaching and AJ's running of the team...but I really want to be more positive from now on...but days like today are making that nearly impossible!

I'll put AJ to one side for now...but on Norv;

NORV TURNER IS NOT A HEAD COACH!! I know technically he is...but he has none of the right characteristics of a head coach. He is a fantastic O-Coordinator...when its is MAIN JOB...hell, thats what hes famous for! Has he had any kind of historical success as a head coach???? none!! and yet he is given the reins of a 14-2 team that is knocking on the door of the playoffs...and where has he taken that team??? DOWN DOWN DOWN

It is obvious after the game today that this Chargers team is FLAT...has NO CONFIDENCE...NO MOTIVATION...and is just plain UNINSPIRED!!

To me...these problems relate directly to the Head Coach and his ability to keep the right mindset of the players! Norv is not a motivator of men!! He does not have the respect of the players.

At the very least they don't buy into what he is trying to do! and its killing our 2010 season!!

Norv has gotta go at the end of the season...Playoffs or Not...hes gotta go...and because AJ's fate is tied to Norv...hes gotta go too!

I'm a Charger Fan...I love the Chargers...I only want whats best for them!

12. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Hating Marty =/= Loving Norv

idiot

13. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Your right on with this but what can be done? Nothing! As long as AJ is in charge Norv isn't going anywhere. Thats not to say that I want AJ gone but we all know he is a stubborn man.

14. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Agreed. I don't neccesarily want AJ gone has he does have alot of good qualities, he just needs to take one hand of the reins and get a Head Coach in the has a plan that AJ can get on board with.

Alas AJ is a control freak and as long has hes is here, the Chargers will never get ahead IMO

15. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    At some point the Fukin Spanos family has to make the big decisions of moving in another direction. They never have been good at that. So many other teams make huge changes in personnel when things are broken. Uhhhh....HELLO........**** is broken around here.

16. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    I disagree with AJ. But understand what your saying. Norv needs to go pronto.

17. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I really hate that I follow this disappointing organization.

18. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Seriously... Idk why, But i think the chargers will beat the patriots next week i do because new englands secondary isnt good... houston secondary isnt good either.. tennesee's ok... we need to make changes in a lot of areas and start blocking for phillip rivers.. norv has to go and rivera needs to get on the defenses *** ASAP.. sick of losing to sorry ******ing teams wtf dis has to stop

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Want in one hand and crap in the other, tell me which one fills up first.

Marty will NEVER be back. Get over it and move on.

20. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :lol:MORTY:lol:

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    BEST POST EVER!!!

22. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    No one wants MArty back, your all alone. Even if I agree Marty > Norv, I don't want either on this team coaching. Not wanting marty back does not mean you support Norv

23. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Fire Norv, hire Gruden or promote Rivera. Norv needs to go

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Gruden sucks eggs hard. Why everyone thinks he is all that amazes me...

25. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I hated that marty was let go...I believed that marty would have had more success than Norv has had...given more time...but I don't believe he is the one for this team now. That ship has sailed.

Norv needs to go...but AJ's fate is tied to Norvs...hence we might have to put up with Norv again next season...even if we don't make the playoffs!

26. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Gruden...with the right OC in tow, would be a Shite sight better than Norv Turner!

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Based on what? Your opinion. Nothing more. You could be right, but what I saw of him as a HC seems to indicate you would be wrong. He was nothing special unless he had full out dominant players, he could not take players to that next level. He would be as Norv as Norv is.

28. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Unfortunately, this is like a bad roller coaster ride where you get sick right after the first big dip or two, you can't stop the thing from rolling and still have another 5 minutes to go and ride it out before you return to the station. This team is stuck with the staff until the end of the season, but they still have to play on regardless of who is or isn't in charge... Really, it is up to the team to suck it up and play to win. Make the catches, protect the passer, play decent special teams, buckle down with defense, and don't make stupid mistakes (penalties) in a game. It doesn't matter who the coach is, it's still up to the players to make the game what it is. Having the desire to win also helps...

Pointy

29. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Your right, it is only my opinion.

I don't agree that he would be another Norv.

He took a average Raiders team to the playoffs and was unlucky...the took a great Tampa Defence (mediocre offence) to the superbowl and won it!

No reason he could do that in San Diego...and he has a great Offence to work with

30. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I think they're on the verge of falling off a cliff. This team is so disappointing. It feels like they don't care, which makes me not really care. Who really wants to watch a team that plays with this lack of effort. I've been through a lot of really bad seasons with the Chargers, but somehow, that was always a lot easier to deal with. Because I had no expectation of them winning more than a handful of games. It was like, if they finished even 8-8, then it was a good year. But there's no excuse for that kind of behavior now. Nothing about this organization seems to be working. Not the staff, the players, the coaches, not even the fans. Nobody really cares. So next week, they'll get a chance to embarrass themselves and their fans on national TV. This should be good for a few laughs.

• Like Like x 1