1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Look who's back!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Nov 26, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's time to turn the light's out in Buffalo!

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,057
    we need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really dont know how we were able to win all the games with him out

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    Be afraid NFL, be VERY afraid! Our offense is tops in the league, now our defense will revert back to it's early season form with the return of Merriman, Casyillo, and McCree.

4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    My boy needs to get back in there too. And McCree...

It would be nice to have all the horses in the stable for this stretch run..

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    yeah, lt said it himself, just you wait till we have everyone back

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,886
    This just in
    JP Losman just shayt himself

7. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Thats right guys my boy is back and he's pissed off and he's going to hurt some body :angry:

8. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Word. Castillo sometimes flies under the radar..... but he is a force up front.

9. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Doesn't fly under my radar. He is the single most efficient run defender we have. Most polished defensive position player we have too. His fundamentals are outstanding and he is very fluid. He is the Lebron James of defensive linemen :lol: Igor could learn a thing or two :icon_evil:

BTW Merriman is still going to get the sack title :icon_eek:

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    We need both the 2005 defensive stalwarts back.

And as bad as the defense did without them we need to find and land one or two more tazmanian devils to make sure we've got enough super studs to have a good defense even if one of the tazmanian devils gets hurt.:yes:

11. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    aj akbar muhammad jihad

12. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    its time to get our pass rush back:icon_banana: :icon_banana:

Did anyone see the Bills beat Jacksonville??

13. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    I thought with the linebacker troubles we would have a chance to see if Dobbins could produce in regular season games like he seemed to in preseason. Thought he would get a few more snaps because he has that ability to disrupt things. I was hoping you could put that guy in the TZ devil category.

14. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    2 picks
    3 tipped balls
    5 sacks
    under 85 yards rushing (half of that from Brooks scrambling)
    3.1 rush ypc
    4.5 yards per pass attempt
    55% completions
    14 points

All and all not a bad day for the defense

15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,468
    Well, Its better to be lucky then good sometimes, and we have been lucky the last 4 weeks.

Now with Merriman, and Castillo returning and McCree!. You add Philips on the other side and now Jammer and Florence picking balls off like candy.
    We'll be better then good.

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061127-9999-1s27chnotes.html

November 27, 2006

Shawne Merriman is ready to return, to show he is still great and however those steroids got in his body they were not the reason he dominated.
    “I'll come back like I never left,” Merriman said by phone. “I'll just continue to show I'm one of the best players there is.”
    Merriman plans to be at the Chargers' complex early this morning, as his four-game suspension for testing positive for the steroid nandrolone is over.

Merriman, who maintains the positive test was the result of a tainted over-the-counter supplement, has been working out once or twice a day.

He has helped build a house for a charity organization in New Orleans and done other charity work in his home state of Maryland.
    He returned to San Diego from Maryland earlier than planned, Friday evening, following his annual coat drive at his alma mater.
    “I'm so antsy,” he said. “ . . . I was hungry before I left. Now I'm starving. I just feel sorry for anybody that has to go against me.”
    He planned to work out during yesterday's game, as he has had trouble watching the Chargers play on television during his time away.

While no one could honestly have expected the Chargers to go 4-0 without him, Merriman said he was not surprised.
    “There is so much talent on that team,” he said. “They've fought through adversity all year. It hurt them that I was gone, but they obviously kept going.”

Merriman was tied for the NFL lead with 8½ sacks when he left. He has fallen to fifth.

He knows what he left on the field. The Chargers faced porous offensive lines in Cleveland, Cincinnati and Oakland.
    “I'd probably have 15 sacks right now,” he acknowledged. “But I don't see why it's not possible for me to have 15 (by the end of the season).”

He will have five games to do it. “He's going to smack somebody right upside the head,” safety Bhawoh Jue said. “Somebody is going to pay for those four games.”

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The fact that we won ALL FOUR games without him, has to get him psycked!!!!!:bolt:

He's got to think that he can be a major key to getting us deep in the playoffs and beyond!!!!:bolt: :bolt:

18. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    A stellar day for the Raiders offense, though. :lol:

19. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Ummmm..... maybe we really do have a good team?

20. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    were goin to have 6 sacks sunday merriman with 3 jamal,1 and phillips,2 look out for j.p to boof the ball in boofalo and run for the first ,i bleed blue and gold

• Like Like x 1
  21. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Dude, you're really full of crap sometimes. How have we been lucky the last 4 weeks. We've made plays to win every single one of those games. There was not alot of luck that entered into it.