1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LOOKING BACK ON THE PAST AND WHAT THE SO CALLED PRO'S ARE SAYING.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by megold0715, Dec 24, 2008.

1. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    For one adam spincter schefter whatever his name is ,what a tool i just heard him on the nfl network .saying "ED HOCULLI" IS OFF THE HOOK.Now that this last game decides it .dont get me wrong im happy as a fat kid with a big plate of cake in front of him ......But if the call was right this game wouldnt mater we would have already won the division and would just whoop there azzes for chit and giggles /momentum .it just pisses me off .i am greatful but the turn of events from that i believe had an effect on the team in a few of the games after the bown call .i say again i am happy we get this shot ,unfortunately i wongt be able to be there physically but ,spiritualy i will ,i would request that everyone at that game leave without a voice because i would ,i want to hear it so loud on the tv .louder thsan this past weekend because i heard them loud and clear . GO CHARGERS .one more thing fuk ther broncos

p.s happy holidays and a blessed new year

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    LOOKING BACK ON THE PAST AND WHAT THE SO CALED PRO'S ARE SAYING.

As you know most in the media a fking embiciles....except for ChargerRay ... his side kick is another story.

Hey man - what you said. If Ed did not fck up, this game would mean nothing. We would be 8-7 and the Broncos 7-8 playing a meaningless game. The media, like PM's and MODs are the root of all that is evil. :lol:

3. HughC

HughC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Yep, everybody in the media is completely overlooking the reality that had Hochuli got it right, the Chargers would have already clinched the division. Now it's 'well, if San Diego loses it's their own fault.' No point in letting facts get in the way of the truth, or the NFL propoganda machine.

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    There are numerous games that the Chargers should have won that have nothing to do with Ed Hochuli that would have made this game just as meaningless.

5. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Hockuli off the hook Bull..............****, who knows what would have happend if the Chargers had won the game and the team confidence had been more positive. Destiny, confidence plus the BS play calling by Norv and the injuries caused even more havic. My point is Hochuli off the hook not until hell freezes over. Just My Opinion.

6. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    NFL needs to change the situation by changing the whistle rule and allow replay in similar situations. NFL we are surrounded by IDIOTS.

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Off the hook, BS. :icon_evil:

That game will always have an *

8. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    The thing about now is......hopefully the Chargers aren't listening to our BS on this forum because they need to concentrate on winning the game and not all the BS over confidence talk. Win this game first and that is it.!!!!!

9. megold0715

Ratings:
    +70
    AGREED

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If the dog wouldn't have stopped to take a ****, he'd have caught the rabbit.:bolt:

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    OK MY .02 on the call.

Get off Ed Hoculi's effing sack. The game should have never come down to a refs call.

Ed man'd up and admitted he screwed up. The guy has been nails otherwise. He went a little overboard writing thousands of apology letters but that was his call.

I do not get the "hate" for Ed that I read from some of you. If you are going to hate on anyone, hate on the fact we put ourselves in that position otherwise the hate is wasted and misdirected. Hate smartly and with meaning.

12. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I don't hate Ed. Infact, I admire how he handled the situation afterward.

My gripe is with the statements that his call didn't mean anything and that we should have, could have, would have..........

I was at the game. There were many terrible calls, almost as bad as the donkey fans.

I remember turning to TT after the blown call and saying (probably in one of the most shocked tones I could) "Is this game fixed"?

Although we played poorly and you can argue that we shouldn't have gotten ourselves in that position... we did.

In the end that one call took away a sure win... I'm not whining or mad at Hochuli anymore.... but I'm not going to give him a "pass" on it either.

PS, I love how I use my plays on words... :lol:

PSS.. I have to get over to the kids house... Alina just got up and is ripping into her toys. :icon_mrgreen:

13. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Agreed... it's long past time to get over 'The Call' and focus on seriously kicking some Bronco *** this Sunday.

Take no prisoners.

No excuses, no regrets. :bolt:

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    You're right, it shouldn't have come down to the call.

It's also true that they should have stopped them from scoring and then stopped the 2 point conversion after the fact.

But neither of those facts negates the fact that the Chargers win if not for the call.

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    But, with that said, I'm long over the call and I don't blame the season on Ed even if they don't win on Sunday because of what I said in post #4 of this thread.

If the Chargers missed the post season at 10-6 when they would have been in at 11-5 it'd be different, but missing at 7-9 when they would have been in at 8-8 makes it hard to get upset about that in regards to the season as a whole.

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The Chargers would still have to kneel on the ball. The center/QB exchange is NOT always a given so ....... you say it would have been fact when I say, you are full of caca. :yes:

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    You're reaching here.

How often does that happen?

There's a bigger chance of a team missing an extra point than a team ****ing up a kneel down.

But, sure, the Broncos still would have had a chance had the call gone right.

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The FACT is you could not guarantee we would win. I have seen a lot of crazy chit and nothing is a given. Nada. Is that reaching? Not at all.

You can not state for a FACT we would have won. The chances were good we would have won but NOTHING would have been FACT.

I said it would be a FACT we would have won against the Oilers as well. Same chit against the Bengals in the Ice Bowl. Those facts flew right back and bit me in the asss.

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I've already conceded your point that there's no guarantee the Chargers would have won.

But keep in mind you're banking on a team ****ing up a kneel down.

That's like being short on rent and hoping a bank robber drops a bag of cash by your door accidentally while making his getaway so you can pay it.

Can it happen? Sure

Will it happen? ...

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    We have the chance to MAKE IT irrelevant, but yeah he won't be totally off the hook.
    Let's face facts though, we lose sunday and even if we didn't lose the call, we'll be hammered as being crybabies.

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    :violin: Get over it, hell that was week 2 with 14 more games to play. Injuries is what hurt this team early, think about that. We had 12 - 15 players either off the team, injured or rehabbing. What coach can sustain almost 75% of your starters be out, injured or playing hurt?????:bolt:

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Just to reiterate the OP's point, he's not complaining about the call, he's complaining about inaccurate statements made by the sports media that happens to be in reference to the call.

I noticed this as well while reading articles and watching ESPN as of late.

I wasn't compelled to start a thread about it, but I did find the inaccurate statements to be dumb as well.

23. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Had the season not come down to playing the same team, Denver, for the division title, I believe the blown call would have been long forgotten

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Should we have been in a position to have that game decided by a ref's blown call & a do-over that we failed to defense? No - but we were, we lost, old ****ing news.

I will say this - IF that call had been made correctly, I feel 99.9999% certain that we would have won. Blow a kneel down? I doubt it, Trumpy. But continue to be your argumentative self, OK? Otherwise, we would think you'd been abducted by aliens.

25. megold0715

Ratings:
    +70
    I am just basically callin the media azzes as they should get there message straight period ,im over the call.been over it Go Chargers one more thing FK the broncos

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Did you see the way Matt Cassell ended the Patriots game by faking several consecutive kneel downs ? If you didn't then maybe you would be thinking the same thing I was but nah....stick with being 99.99999% showing those Spock like skills to pull numbers out of thin air.

Another FACT guy hiding behind "certain".... but you left a little wiggle room to cover your ***, kinda' weak que no mijo? :lol:

Some posters never change. :no:

I bet you thought it was 99.99999% certain we would waltz away with the divsion as well. :icon_rofl:

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Trumpy, how many times in the history of the NFL has a QB ****ed up a kneel down?

Are you arguing just to argue here?

28. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The way this season has unfolded and losing games in the fashion we have, to claim a kneel down would be a fact we would win...nope. Facts are 100% ma man.

There was a game in the 70's with the Giants and Joe Pischachick. I think I am getting the teams and players right. It was a long time ago. :lol:

Instead of kneeling with the ball which was considered unmanly at the time, they ran the ball and fumbled it and lost the game. I am trying to think of other instances because that is a good question.

Matt Cassell screwing around taunting the kneel down several times in a row will illicit a defender to knock the fuc out of the QB and the ball is live if it is fumbled.

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Both of those examples you cited didn't involve kneeling the ball and are, therefore, irrelevant to the discussion.

The Chargers would have kneeled, therefore the only thing that would have prevented a win would have been Nick Hardwick being unable to snap the ball to Rivers and Denver recovering.

30. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    http://books.google.com/books?id=h_...X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#PPA304,M1

Marv Levy of the Bills talks about a game against the Giants.
    The score is tied 3-3. He tells the QB to kneel down and "take our chances in OT". The QB fumbles the kneel down snap. :lol:

Giants miss the FG (which would be a FACT for sure in someone book to be made) but the dude missed the FG.

Games goes into OT....I did not read the rest but yeah.....it happens....:yes: