1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

looks like the fire might have been arson

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by megold0715, Oct 24, 2007.

1. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    well i just saw that the some of these fires might have been arson thats pretty messed up it was on aol.com one person was killed by seing shot while attempting to light a fire .what a miserable prick that would go and destroy nature and peoples lives by doing this ,bles you all in san diego my second home ,mgold

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    the one in OC has been declared as Arson but has any of the SD ones been?

3. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    No punishment is good enough for arsonists...the Irvine area 20,000 acre and growing Santiago fire which is raging out of control was definitely arson and a $70k reward is being offered...so many wild animals in that area...the Rosa Temecula area fire is suspected of possibly being arson...An arsonist got killed in the San Bernardino mountain area after a confrontation with the police...Today's Wildomar fire is possibly suspicious...it's just unbelievable someone could intentionally do things like this. That terrible Esperanza fire last year was arson. Anyone who sets a fire is a true sociopath. I don't care about their unhappy childhood. That Santiago fire is still a raging inferno.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    My father told me that he heard earlier in the week that in one of the first fires, several high school kids were seen in the area and are suspected of having started one of the fires, whether it was intentional or not.

Since this is second-hand info, I can't verify anything for sure.

But I'm pretty sure that of the original fires in San Diego, humans had a direct hand in each. There were no thunderstorms, thus no lightning to start the fires.

Either by a flick of a lit cigarette, a small campfire gone awry, or stupid idiots playing with matches or fireworks, humans are almost always to blame.

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:tup:

6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    It's sad that there are people out there that are just wired differently and are not only capable of these things, but are driven to do them.

It's sorta the curse of humanity. Our uniqueness as a species makes us capable of wonderful things, but life requires balance...

Hopefully they catch these arsonists and give them a fair trial, followed by a fair hanging. Old West style.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    It had a zen quality. Almost David Carradine-like. :lol:

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    When you can snatch this noose from my hand...

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    [​IMG]

:lol:

10. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I don't think anything has been determined about the cause of these fires in San Diego yet .. The one in OC was declared an arson and that is it. I have heard that there was one guy shot trying to start a fire and that a couple of kids at a HS were trying to start a fire but both were stopped in time. Of course with all the rumors flying out there, who knows what to believe right now ..

The main focus needs to getting the fires out and keeping people safe. Everything else will be sorted out in time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    The source of the Witch Creek fire, it looks like it was some downed power lines, they are saying that the winds were whipping up, and the lines started to sway in the wind and it was that action when one of them fell.

12. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    My bro is a deputy and he says they're looking for a silver pick up truck with a bed full of paint thinner or something like that. He was supposedly seen in the vicinity of 7 of the SD fires at the time they started.

13. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    Wow .. that would be interesting.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    if there's someone who actually was responsible for it, there's no punishment I can think of that would be sufficient to use on him

15. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    Move LLV 9 then .. this a hell of a lot more important than that stupid *** thread.

16. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    That's a Good Start!:tup:

17. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    The brain of mankind isn't the best of all. Arsonists are all over
    the world. The big fires in Greek this year are 50% made from
    active or passive people, who are just silly or want to raise
    money from burned landscapes.
    It doesn't help the refugees and the burned houses, but the
    police has something to do, to find possible starters of wildfire.

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I guess these waste of lives get the same rush out of this as the guy who put cyanide in Extra Strength Tylenol. :icon_evil: