1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like we'll face Favre again this season.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by maestro876, Aug 5, 2008.

1. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    From ESPN.com.

Looks like Brett will be heading to either New York or Tampa Bay. That means that for the second season in a row, the Chargers will face the legendary quarterback. I'm not sure, but I don't think the Chargers have ever won a game against a Brett Favre quarterbacked team.

Obviously, the Jets and Bucs are different than Green Bay, but I will be very interested to see what happens when we play those teams now, especially since both are prime time games.

2. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Also if Favre went to the Bucs, no way we'd get flexed out of our Sunday Night game with them.

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Unfortunately you're right.

5 games: 2007, 2003, 1999, 1996, 1993.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    I think we'd see a 2005 version of Bret Favre. You know, the mad gunslinger who racked up 29 int's. Not too scary IMHO.

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    With the first game of preseason nearly upon us i think Favre could struggle with a new team. New system, new WR's.

Never know,......... Garcia adopted well going to new teams two years in a row but Favre has been in GB's west coast offense his whole career.

6. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
  7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Good. We can pound his old *** back into retirement.

8. TQKBolt

TQKBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Gee, do you think there'd be any Brett ball licking in either of those prime time games?

9. W8Lifter

W8Lifter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. I believe Fartve is just trying to add to his stats, so its harder for anyone else to break his records.

With that being said, you KNOW he's gonna be slingin' the ball and that means more INT's for his opponents.

:tup:

10. W8Lifter

W8Lifter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    More than we can stomach.::puke:

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Damn!! Thought for sure he'd be in purple & white. :tdown:

12. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    If he goes to any team he will be the backup. Teams have all their pieces in place. I dont think there is a team around with an offense so simple that anyone can walk in and be the starting Quarterback in 2 weeks. And the longer this whole thing drags out, the closer we get to opening weekend!

13. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...This may be true BUT all bad things eventually come to an end.

Gene Klein...gone
    Bobby Beathard...gone
    Ryan Leaf...gone
    Puny winless streak vs Brett Favre...gone this year :bolt:

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Lets see what Brett does with sub-par receivers and a poor running game. He's going to regret this

I maintain that Brett's a stubborn brat who needs to get smacked around

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Don't you mean the 2000-2005 version of Brett? I really think that in the last half of his career Favre has been overrated. He has never been that great without Holmgren. Last year, Brett really played well, but in the teams two biggest games (vs. Dallas in the regular season and in the NFC championship game), Favre was pretty awful. Against Dallas, Rodgers actually came in and played better than Favre, and If he'd played even mediocre in the NFC title game, the Pack would have won.

As for facing Favre this season, Bring. It. On.

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Wherever he goes he's going to arrive thinking he will be starting after a little while and with a chip on his shoulder. Otherwise, he would have voluntarily restructured his contract and accepted a back up role. He forced Green Bay's hand and I don't see him not forcing the hand of any team he goes to.

17. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    :lol: That was pretty funny. And it's in Florida. Which makes it more convenient. I lol'd.