1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Lorenzo Neal unhappy with Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargerlipz, Aug 14, 2008.

1. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    I thought he left on good terms. This is a surprise to me. Here's the link It's about a quarter of the way down.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    He said he left on good terms here.

Not to mention the fact that HE was the one who wanted to be released because HE didn't want to have a reduced role in the offense, and now HE realized that he would have to lower his standards in order to get on another NFL team. Hell, the Chargers gave him a big contract extension in 06, and were still willing to keep him on the team.

This seems really out of character for Lorenzo, and I hope that something was misinterpreted somewhere.

3. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    He should not be suprized if it really went down the way he says it did. AJ has said it time and time again that "Your only a Charger for one year":icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    • Like Like x 1
  5. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    He needs to be pissed at someone to get ready for the season. Go get'em Lo!

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    37 or not - a pissed off Lo Neal is not someone I'd want heading towards me with a full head of steam!! :no:

7. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Seriously Bill Williamson needs to learn how to read. He links this article link as his source. So I decided to read it.

He's not pissed at the Chargers he's pissed that no one called him after he was cut.

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
  9. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    If I woke up in Baltimore I'd be pissed too.

10. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :lol:

11. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
  12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Another fluff piece to meet quota.:tdown:

13. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I'm not! I love Baltimore! Great restaurants, affordable, historic, terrific night life, big enough to have everything, small enough to be somebody.

Sure it has it's down side (picked up five 9mil shell casing behind my house a year ago) but it's treated me well.

Now if I was Lo, I'd be pissed. The Ravens are going to be hurtin' bad next year.

14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Age is now going to be a factor with him. How many more games does he have left inside him?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Exactly - "Mr. Bill" has done Lo an incredible disservice by dumping his uninformed assumptions on the media and feeding the masses need to hate. "Insider" my *** - "assumer" is more appropriate.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    He's pissed in general and that includes the chargers but you can't have an article that says "FB pissed at everybody" so instead its "FB pissed at former team"

17. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Despite the fact that Williamson made the whole thing up, Lo has no right to be pissed at the Bolts. At the end of the season last year he made unnecessary noise about needing to be a starter and playing a certain percentage of offensive snaps. I believe he even said that if he was not going to be a major part of the offense than the Chargers should let him go to place where he would be.

The Chargers were very accommodating in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    He lost a step after 2006, where he was a wrecking ball.... If the bolts letting him go makes him motivated to be that wrecking ball again, more power to him, and he should be thanking us!

19. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Lorenzo needs to lighten up. He's 37, and he doesn't add versatility to your roster because all he can do is play Fullback (can't back up the RB or play special teams).

Throw in the fact that teams are de-emphasizing the FB position anyway, and he's lucky even one team called him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272

I'll give Williamson the benefit of the doubt to an extent because he seems to be fairly balanced overall in his coverage of the AFC West. But let's just say he's got the Mark of Doom on him now, and if he ever says anything even remotely negative about the Chargers in the future, then a pox upon him and his family!

21. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Williams has a reading comprehension problem. Lo Neal said he was angry at the teams who DIDN'T call him not the Chargers.

I know it is a blog so he has to write a lot and maybe missed that. However, it really takes away from his professional image.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    LOL!. Baltimore is a cool city but it's NOT San Diego!

23. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    AJ wanted to go younger and cheaper.

It happens all the time, not just in football. :yes:

24. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    As much as the skills (faded or not) that Lo brings to the Ravens, they've possibly employed him to bring leadership, workrate and a winning mentality to their offense.
    The Chargers have those quantities in abundance and his roster spot (and salary) could be better used on a young AJ buck.
    The false spin on the story stinks, though.

25. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    OK, I can quite snapping and growling now - Williamson issued an update after being, er, "corrected?" by Joe McRugby and others:

Neal Happy with Chargers
    Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

Update: Not to worry, Chargers fans, the great Lorenzo Neal left your team on good terms. The story I linked to earlier seemed to suggest otherwise, but a followup conversation with Neal's agent, Steve Feldman, set the record straight.

Neal is playing with a chip on his shoulder because it took several months for him to get another job. Thanks to the readers who pointed out the misunderstanding and as always, thanks for reading.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...-Chargers.html

Thanks again for making me investigate this further and helping me find out the truth. Reader awareness and opinions often help me and it did in this case.

Thanks, Bill Williamson

JoeMcRugby (4 hours ago)

The article that Williamson quotes gives an entirely different angle:

Lo didn't say he was angry at the Chargers. He and his agent asked for his release.

The article says that Lo is teed off at the other 30 teams who didn't pick him up.

"... the newly signed free agent fullback sounded slightly perturbed that no one called him when the San Diego Chargers released him in February after returning from his fourth Pro Bowl.

"I'm going to play with a chip on my shoulder," Neal said after today's morning practice. "You get angry when you've been at the top of your game, when you're rated the No. 1 fullback and then free agency comes, and I kind of felt like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Because of my age, I got left out of the reindeer games. Because you're 37, teams are saying, 'OK, but your age.'

Teams discriminate against you because of your age, not because of what you can do. So I think that was the toughest part, sitting out and knowing that you're still in great shape, knowing that you still can run, knowing that you can still compete. Just because of a number and your age, people say, 'OK, I don't know if this guy can last. I don't know if this guy can play.' Those people that are out there that doubted me, I'm back, and I'm coming for everybody that doubted me."

Sloppy, Bill. Very, very sloppy.

At least he manned up when he realized how erroneous his article was. Lo Neal is the kind of man that will tell you to your face if he is ticked - to speak badly of his former team would have been so far out of character as to be unbelievable - and guess what - it WAS.:tup:

26. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    lol...it sounds like he lurks on every team's forum and/or website because it was only after you guys started making a fuss that he corrected himself. He's a busy, busy guy too. He blogs like five times a day from different camps and meetings. That's gotta be hell. Oh! and he only gets the straight scoop on the Broncos, the rest is hearsay. He should call himself a Broncos insider, not an AFC West insider.

• Like Like x 1
  27. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    See.
    So it's good he left on good terms :D

• Like Like x 1
  28. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Good Food. There are other parts of the Chesapeake besides the city to park yourself. Gonna be interesting to watch highlights of his play or a game if they are on here.

29. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Bill Williamson got this story wrong. LoNeal knew before the season ended that the Chargers were probably not going to re-sign him.. The writing was on the wall. It was pretty much mentioned in most interviews before and after the season.

30. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    buisness is buisness .. "now anyone here care to be # 41 this seasone for the chargers" !?!

j/k lo'neil ( sha-mon ) !!!

==============================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

• Like Like x 1