1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CraziFuzzy, Sep 19, 2016.

1. CraziFuzzy

CraziFuzzy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    So what's the deal with the Chargers in the LA market these days? Is it still considered a 'secondary market' for the team, or is it completely a no-charger land now? Was pretty surprised when KCBS was airing infomercials during he game today...

2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    First time in forever that the Charger game was not broadcast locally here in Orange County. I assume that means LA is once again a Charger-free zone.

3. CraziFuzzy

CraziFuzzy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    What was really odd what that they didn't even opt to play another game. I think there were 3 AFC-AFC games on, and KCBS should have been able to pick and choose any of them (if Los Angeles truly isn't assigned to SD anymore), but chose to play Kevin James commercials on repeat.. strange.

4. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +533
    Perhaps the broadcasters will reconsider after week 8 of the Rams taking a collective dump on the gridiron.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity as an excuse to note how horrible Jeff Fisher is. Public perception has finally caught up to the reality that he sucks, and yet that still leaves him overrated.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I think Direct TV subscriptions just went up a bit.... And can you throw in the Sunday ticket?

6. Ordane

Ordane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    They didnt show the game against the dolphins last year either... Instead they showed donks vs spitt. Its LAs way of saying they dont want us

7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Fisher's just hanging in there for those 9 more losses he needs to claim the all-time NFL record for a head coach. And there's a strong chance he gets that this season and still gets extended - because his agent is the father of the Rams' equivalent of Ed McGuire (except, you know, like way younger than Ed).

8. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    Get a long range outdoor HD antenna and point it South!!

9. CraziFuzzy

CraziFuzzy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    AFC-NFC games they often had the option - but in the past AFC-AFC chargers games were always shown (unless blacked out).

There's a lot of mountains in the way of that solution...

10. Lawyers guns & money

Lawyers guns & money BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +108
    The Rams are 2-1 and winning games with their defense at the end.