1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

lots of Chatter in Beantown about Trades...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by 31-last2years-4, Oct 20, 2009.

1. 31-last2years-4

31-last2years-4 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Pats cut 3 guys, Eric Alexander (LB), Joey Galloway and TE Michael Mathews, freed up 2.87 million in cap space. Rumor has it they're looking at 2 trades. One is for a particular 3-4 OLB, the other is Steven Jackson. I don't buy the Steven Jackson chatter (though I'd LOVE to have him on the team), but the particular 3-4 OLB talk is interresting. Imagine if a particular cap number would come in at 2.92M at the same time we'd freed up that kind of space? Hmmmm.... Talk in a couple hours, and I'm crossing my fingers!

2. 31-last2years-4

Ratings:
    +5
    another LB, Tully Banta-Cain released...

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    You want merriman? pay up alot

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You mean for NE, right?

5. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Merriman to New England would be suicide...

6. 31-last2years-4

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm just not sure it's going to be as much as you think. He's coming off a knee, which apparently still isn't right, who's already violated the drug policy and still has potential legal problems (I think) for beating up his girlfriend. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the last year of his deal? So potential half year signing? 30+? This last two pieces I really don't know definately, so feedback would be appreciated.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556

Pats have picks to burn and Steven Jackson already has a long term contract in place. That would be an excellent move for them.

8. 31-last2years-4

Ratings:
    +5
    I would MUCH rather have Steven Jackson than what we have right now. Maroney's just not that impressive. We'd be dancing in the streets if did it happen, it just won't.

9. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    San Diego is not moving Merriman...You all might as well just get used to him being here for the rest of this year and maybe the next.

New England would have to give up the house in picks to lure Steven Jackson away, and even with all the picks they have to burn they need get a lot younger on this team, so trading aways possible young franchise players for 1 guys isn't something I see Kraft doing.

10. 31-last2years-4

Ratings:
    +5
    Steven Jackson IS a franchise RB. We haven't been all that spectacular drafting of late, so why not? we have a 1st and 3 2nd's this year and already have 2 1st's the next year. I think it makes sence with the agents' potentially realizing this could be their last real rookie payday and playing hardball all over the place.

Jackson has no signing bonus that will carry over to us, just pure salary (no idea what it is). If that situation presented itself, why wouldn't we solve our RB problem for the next few years?

Again, a pipe dream, but a nice dream...

11. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Hell Seau is more effective than Merriman. :lol:

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    We need to make a trade for that ****ing raiders pigeon.

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The whole flocking lot of them. :icon_toast:

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    No kidding! That pigeon can keep in lane assignments and can be signed for bird seed! :lol:

15. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    It's okay for you to have dreams...I get that.

I was just telling you it wasn't going to happen. And it didn't.

The team is in the mix of shifting ownership, they are not going to get rid of their franchise player right before they do. Just wasn't gonna happen.

16. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Wait when did this become the Patriots forum?

17. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Merriman will never be a Patriot as long as Kraft owns the team and Belichick is the coach. Wrong chemistry.

18. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :icon_huh: Can you elaborate BB?

19. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    Ya I was gonna say the same thing as LT21?

20. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Sure...the Patriots first of all want intelligence and good decision makers in addition to the requisite skills....Merriman is still a tad immature in all departments, and his skills have diminished. His knee doesn't bode well, and he really hasn't done a helluva a lot since his bout with the roids. His performance the past couple of years has been spotty at best...he speaks his mind to the media, and that alone sends up the warning signs in New England.

He's too much of a rehab case for the Patriots...remember...they took Randy Moss, a former head case, but one helluva bright guy, on a hope and a prayer and a one year contract. I seriously doubt Merriman would command much more, and he doesn't offer nearly as much potential as Moss did. But, of course, opinions will vary.

21. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Great post, man. It's amazing how the Pats are a case study in 'character' and 'football smarts' over raw skill... Sure would be nice to have a little more of that down here.

22. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Like cheating by taping other teams formations and then having a spotter tell you there plays!!!

23. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    If you don't think ALL teams know most of all the other teams offensive and defensive schemes, you're in fantasyland.

24. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Agreed, and I'm not sure what that has to do with the players on their 52 man roster, but whatever... connect the dots wherever you see 'em.

25. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Since I was in the Military there is a saying that goes "If you aint Cheatin you aint tryin". I do in some ways resepct Belicheck for his actions to a point until he was caught. Bill should have been more sneaky about his cheating. You all can kill me now.

Exactly. :tup:

Who got injured. :lol: :icon_tease:

26. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434

Ok the rest of this post I agree with to a certain extent about Merriman. Some very true some im not so sure about.

However, Moss being a helluva bright guy is far from the truth.

I mean he chose to go the fuggin Raiders for gods sake, how smart can the guy be? :icon_shrug:

27. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    He chose to go to the Raiders? He was traded to the Raiders. What were his options...quitting?

28. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    For the most part you will never hear about Pats players in the media. Merriman was the spark that started the **** between NE and SD. If that dumb **** had just said "We will prepare for who ever wins the game" instead of dropping "the Jets" when he was asked during the first round bye who would win. We got the lights out dance on the logo...

No chance he plays there. Don't think they would want him.

29. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80

Mangini? Is that you.......?

Are you looking to run Norv out of town so you can interview in SD after YOU get canned?