1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Louis Vasquez will play against the steelers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Rookie right guard Louis Vasquez, out since the opener with a sprained knee, is also back to work. He was going with the first team and is expected to retake his starting spot on Sunday against the Steelers.

Vasquez, who suffered a sprained knee in the Oakland game, practiced Wednesday and said he is certain he'll start against Pittsburgh.

“Sitting around the sidelines just ain't for me,” Vasquez said. “I hate it out there ... being with the guys and not being able to go. Now I'm back, and I'm excited to get out there and play again.”
    Rookie Brandyn Dombrowski filled in for Vasquez, and while head coach Norv Turner offered praise for the free-agent signee out of San Diego State, he added, “No question people have game-planned and schemed to take advantage of him. When he's handled things real well, we've made a lot of plays. Unfortunately, we've missed two or three real big plays because there are things that happen so fast for him that he's just not ready to handle them.”

:abq2:

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good news. Mruc will have to be on top of his game calling the blocking assignments. I'm certain that Tomlin will send the heat.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,920
    That's great news and should help us out.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,050
    sure hope we can counter that with some quick slants, well disguised screens and a dose of Michael Bennett to soften up their underbelly!

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

5. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,920
    I'd love to see a better running game not to mention a win in the Burgh. I just want to see any new injuries nor any re-injuries.

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +726
    Good. :abq2: Chargers were still thin on the OL with him out.

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I never did see him against Oakland before the injury and I don't remember him really showcasing all of his talent in the Preseason. I'm really looking forward to seeing "Nasty" take it to the Steelers and open up some lanes for Sproles and co. I hope he can come in and have an impact right away in this game because establishing a running threat is key to unleashing the fury of Philip Rivers like never before.

8. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,920
    Other teams should start racking up injuries in the coming weeks and hopefully we'll get stronger. Having LV back is going to give the Stillers something to think about.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,020
    Hell of an assignment first game back - you better believe the Steelers will probably be trying to target him