1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Loving the head games

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by bucnasty, Jan 19, 2008.

1. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    SportsCenter right now is reporting on the championship games tomorrow, and surprisingly they arent talking about Rivers' mouth but are actually covering the matchups.

One nugget that came out is that during the 30 minute walkthrough by the Chargers today at Gillette Stadium, the Chargers made every single person leave the stadium including grounds people and CBS crewmen. That way, no one can see the health of Rivers, Gates or Williams.

Gotta love it, give NE a taste of their own medicine. Fukc Brady and his seven straight years on the 'Questionable' list.

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Norv impresses me more week to week. :tup:

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    This isn't a first. Other teams have done this in the past too.

But it DOES make sense. Only show your cards at gametime.

4. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Do you really think Billycheat doesn't have that place loaded with cameras?

Here is the plan. If Rivers is really hurt, shoot him with pain killers so he can show great motion for 30 minutes. Then start Volek.

If Rivers is fine, have him gimp during walk through and start his butt.

Deceive the Deceiver.....:abq2:

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Dangerous

6. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    So is holding a pair of aces and eights, but we got 'em.:tup:

7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Fuk everything that is NE tomorrow!

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    do you believe in miracles?

9. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Preach it brother! WE WILL WIN TOMORROW!!!! Patriots gonna get smacked in the MOUTH! I put my Chargers flag up a day early for this game. Nothing but Chargers tomorrow

10. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Using painkillers on PR's knees is more like drawing to an inside straight. He needs the feeling for proper footwork (not his strong suite anyway) and masking a serious injury could be catastrophic. I suspect PR will start and then yield to Billy if the O Line can't keep him clean. We keep the pocket, PR will tough it out and cut them up. Otherwise, "Wild Bill" may have to be the man. His mobility could be key. PR is in no shape to stand up to the hits to make throws. He does not have enough of a base to work from under pressure. Near as I can figure, he's working off of a 4' radius. Don't know for sure, but I give him two steps before he has to fold his hand. The pain will come when he has to extend his legs. He gets hit, he'll collapse like a house of cards.

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I was reading on one of the pats forums that a dude saw the bolts out at dinner tonite and said rivers wasn't limping.:icon_shrug:

Let's shock the world tomorrow:abq2:

12. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    The Offensive line has got to step up to protect their quarterback. Rivers needs them now…this is their time to stand up and make plays. Everything is on the line, which should be the only motivation the line should need. PR needs help…it is up to the “O” line to deliver.

13. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    The question mark has finally moved off the secondary, but unfortunately it now sits on the O-line. I think this has the effect of pissing them off and making them play the game of their lives tomorrow. CHARGERS! I can feel the win.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    He wasn't limping out of the bus either and didn't have any problems picking up his bags and stuff. Not sure if that's a big indicator, we'll all know in 12 hours though.

15. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    He wasn't limping when he left the field after the injury and chatted up the Colt fans, then he wasn't limping either when he came back onto the field-on either leg. Things stiffen up in the morning, though. If Rivers can play, this is the best snow job I have ever seen short of D-Day and Pearl Harbor. The game IS on Sunday.

16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Rivers will play and play well.

17. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Rivers not limping when running straight ahead doesn't surprise me. This is all about maintaining stability in the knee when moving side-to-side.

Norv made a couple of comments yesterday, regarding how Philip looked in practice, that makes me more sure than ever that Philip will start today.

Like this one:

“You know, he's taken so many reps, he's had so much practice, he gets so prepared mentally,” Turner said. “There might be a play or two that he's not as sharp as you'd like. But throwing the ball is an issue right now, and he threw the ball extremely well today. You know, I think he'll be sharp when the opportunity presents itself.”

18. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    BB prepared for for both of them.

19. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Oh contrare, I think the secondary is still a major concern, cause our safeties are still terrible.

20. bigcarson50

Ratings:
    +54
    If BB puts as much time in preparing for one QB as he supposedly does, now way he can do the same for a second QB, while keeping the same level of prep on the first.

21. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Did BB freeze time this week? Preparing for two QBs instead of one would require BB to spend less time on each. I know Pats fans aren't geniuses, but I thought they at least understood basic arithmetic. Guess not.

22. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    He preparers for backup QBs even when the starter is fully healthy.

Second not nearly as much leg work had to be done on Billy Volek. With Rivers a years worth of tape need to be reviewed to update his tendency charts. With Billy Volak the tendency charts and scouting reports were made at the latest during the off-season taking into account his games at the Titans, and his play in the pre-season was reviewed before game 2.

And BB had more time to prep than Norv. Before the Colts-Bolts kickoff, BB had already reviewed the Pats-Jax game tapes from the day before. As soon the Colts-Bolts game was over he was already in his office and thinking about the Titans.

Norv had to fly back to Indy and review Bolts-Colts game before he could start on Pats. And on Friday he had to fly cross country again.

23. bigcarson50

Ratings:
    +54
    Looking up all the old tape on backups in the preseason is a pretty good idea and should be just as effective (sarcasm intended see AJ Feeley and Kyle Boller).

24. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    You think? Hart is second on the team in interceptions with 5, and McCree's massive hit on Reggie Wayne last week was the game winner - he dropped the pass and made Indy use their last timeout for injury. Weddle has shown flashes of brilliance too. I'd say the only weak link in the secondary is Florence. That fukcing guy commits boneheaded penalties in the biggest spots...He scares me.

25. bigcarson50

Ratings:
    +54
    they aren't good. Dallas Clark made Hart fall down, they can't cover anybody (which will be a problem today). While I am not an out and out Football outsiders disciples, there is a reason they rank us something like number 2 and 7 against the number 1 and 2 receivers and got a 30 ranking for "all other" receivers.

This is my key to the game. We only have a chance if we cover those "other" receivers.

26. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Great post.

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Weddle can make the kind of difference at safety that Cro is making at CB. He needs to see a LOT of reps today, particularly covering Welker.

28. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    If he is playing the 4th quarter, it can mean only that we are winning. I don't doubt that he will play well, but he is on a short leash. Norval's package has to be predicated on a short time between the snap and the pass, at least until later in the game when we have tended to wear down opposing defensive lines. Split LT into the slot and run a full house backfield with both Turner and Sproles. Dollars to Donuts that Pats haven't prepared for that, especially if it comes off a no huddle.