1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT ‘encouraged,’ day-to-day

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Casey Pearce
    Posted Sep 17, 2009

LaDainian Tomlinson didn’t practice Wednesday and while he was a little frustrated with the ankle injury he suffered Monday night, he was pleased that it’s not a long-term injury.

LaDainian Tomlinson[​IMG] chose to see the glass as half full Wednesday.

Yes, he suffered a sprained ankle Monday night that kept him off the practice field Wednesday. No, it’s not something that he expects to deal with long-term.
    “The thing that I’m encouraged about is it’s not anything that’s going to keep me out for a long period of time,” Tomlinson said. “It’s frustrating, but it’s football. You get banged up.”

Tomlinson suffered the injury on a first-quarter shovel pass in Monday’s win at Oakland. He carried 10 times for 46 yards after tweaking his ankle, but the pain grew as the game wore on.

“It was there, but I just kind of fought through it,” Tomlinson said. “The more that I played on it and got hit a couple more times, that’s when it really started to bother me toward the end of the game.”

LT said that he’s dealt with similar issues before. He’s “taking it day by day” and said the injury isn’t even comparable to the toe and groin injuries that hampered him last season. Tomlinson is approaching the injury as just another challenge football players must occasionally deal with.

“I think the true character of a person is when he’s up against adversity,” Tomlinson said. “I’m definitely at that point. Nobody wants to be hurt, but I’ve had some unfortunate things happen. At the same time, I’m still optimistic about this injury.”

In addition to Tomlinson, six other Chargers didn’t participate in Wednesday’s practice. Linebacker Antwan Applewhite[​IMG] (hamstring), center Nick Hardwick[​IMG] (ankle), defensive end Travis Johnson[​IMG] (groin), tackle Marcus McNeill[​IMG] (hand), guard Louis Vasquez[​IMG] (knee) and defensive tackle Jamal Williams[​IMG] (arm) all sat.

On a positive note, defensive end Jacques Cesaire[​IMG], who missed the opener with a calf injury, was on the field, as was Luis Castillo[​IMG], who left Monday’s game with a sprained elbow.

As for those who didn’t work, Turner wasn’t ready to make any prognosis in terms of their status for Sunday.

“I’m confident in most cases,” Turner said. “I’d expect most of them to participate (Thursday).”

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Rest LT, play Bennett & Sproles.

3. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Kills both my fantasy teams, but yes, rest up LT and take it out on Miami.

4. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I think I've watched this movie before.

Nagging injury that is initially played down, 'till next year when we learn that the injury was much worse than they let on.

Time to draft another RB.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm kind of baffled by all of the "LT is done" talk. He tweaked his ankle, yes. But he also averaged more than 4 yards a carry for the game, better than Sproles.

6. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    This is truly disturbing...I mean usually he at least will wait for the playoffs to not play.

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Just getting it out of the way early, now he will be good to go for the rest of the year.

I hope.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    This **** is getting old.