1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT 'absolutely' will win title with Jets

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    LT 'absolutely' will win a Super Bowl with the Jets

[​IMG]

ESPN
    By Bill Williamson
    6-28-2010

Former San Diego Chargers and new New York Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson said he will “absolutely” win a Super Bowl ring with the Jets. For a guy who built a reputation for being one of the classiest and most humble players in the NFL while with San Diego, Tomlinson sure has talked a lot since being cut by the Chargers in February.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

ESPN
    By Tim Graham
    6-28-2010

New York Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson sat down with ESPN reporter Sal Paolantonio to talk about changing uniforms for the first time after nine NFL seasons.

Since it has been the offseason for declaring championships, Tomlinson joined the mix.

Paolantonio asked if Tomlinson thought he would join Drew Brees and Rodney Harrison as players who left the San Diego Chargers and won a championship.

"I'll win a Super Bowl," Tomlinson replied.

With the Jets?

"Absolutely," Tomlinson added.

Tomlinson will stroll into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but he'll turn 31 years old Tuesday and will enter training camp second on the Jets' depth chart to sophomore Shonn Greene.

Tomlinson claimed he's willing to serve in whatever role the Jets like, but he still has an edge.

"I think I'm tired of being doubted by so many people about what I can't do," Tomlinson said. "For a guy like me, my entire career has been driven by that. So I'm very determined to be successful here."

The Jets already have made an indelible mark on Tomlinson. He had the logo tattooed on the back of his calf.

"I looked at all the guys that had come before me and had to make that switch," Tomlinson said, "and it started right in that locker room with guys I played with: Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, Drew Brees.

"I knew at some point that change would be coming, but I'm a guy that's able to get over it very quickly. I'm able to move on and focus on the next thing."

Video of LT...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14787/tomlinson-absolutely-will-win-title-with-jets

:popcorn:

2. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    LT is in denial. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    I watched this steaming pile of **** on ESPN this morning. Tomlinson couldn’t disassociate himself from this team fast enough. Tattoo blah, blah, blah…
    And then Paolantonio asks him about the Hall of Fame possibilities and going in as a Charger.
    “Interesting. That’s all I’ll say.”
    Good luck in New York guy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Paolantonio is an idiot if he asked him that considering you don't go into the NFL hall of fame associated with a specific team like you do in Cooperstown.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    As for LT, you can't blame the guy for expecting his new team to win.

He's over the hill but I don't fault him for expressing confidence in his new teammates.

I don't like the way he's handled his exit, but he's still a Chargers legend and I refuse to overtly berate the guy like some fans choose to do.

7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    By him not coming out and immediately saying that he's a Charger in the HOF, shows that he cares nothing about the organization and perhaps the fans that helped make him one of the most prolific and richest running backs in history. Even when Junior left SD, he always proclaimed the Chargers as his team and San Diego as his home. Junior will no doubt go in the HOF as a Bolt. LT should have never put a dash beside that 2010 under the Jets tat because all he will have there is 2010.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    all bias aside, you cant expect the guy to say "were gunna suck hard" cuz after all he left this team and went where he felt hed win a championship

yeah i mean after the AFCC game seau thanked the san diego organization and got booed, but nonetheless he acknowledged us.

9. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    why does everyone need the media to assure them tomlinson cares about us. why cant people just look at the tape. and if you look at interviews/articles, look at what the gm is saying too. how many times has a nfl gm been in so many squabbles as this in the last 5 years? anyone?

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'd be happy for Tomlinson if he was able to help the Jet's win a ring. He's paid his dues, so why would that be so bad? I just wish he'd not let the media bait him into all this Dego trash, he isn't showing any class playing in that game.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hard Knocks fodder

12. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    my prediction: the Jets miss the playoffs.

Rex on the hot seat. You can't talk like he does and lose.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    You don't think LT would have made any money playing for any other team?

He became rich because he's so good. He would have been that rich had he been drafted by any other team as well.

Again, I'm not saying I'm happy with his antics as he left but he's still a Chargers legend.

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    So AJ Smith is the culprit instead?

Why do we have to pick sides?

Tomlinson was over the hill and the Chargers didn't want to pay him as much as he wanted to average 3.3 yards per carry any more.

It's pretty much as simple as that.

15. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    if the jets win the championship it means the Chargers don't :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    If the Jets dont, does not mean the Chargers will...

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    If the Jets win, other than being upset that it means the Chargers didn't, I'd be happy for LT.

Still, I'd be bitter over the strength it gives to asinine arguments that players have to leave San Diego to win championships.

18. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I think that just like any other bad breakup he's still feeling the sting of being dumped.

I doubt he'll be playing next year at all, and once this failed experiment is over, he'll come to grips with the reality that Chargers had no choice but to cut him.

Now if he doesn't around...screw him.

19. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Jesus Christ!!

Complainian is not a ****ing charger anymore, so stop posting all his crap here. Let him run his mouth like all other Jets, its not going to do him any good when hes whinning on the bench next year.

Hes a washed up running back that no longer plays here and uses ever chance he gets to talk bad about this team, so why do we keep talking about him? Hes moved on, i think its time people here did too

• Like Like x 1
  20. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Is Johnny Unitas not a Colt?

Is Willie Mays not a Giant?

Is Joe Montana not a 49er?

Is Hank Aaron not a Brave?

I don't care where LT's playing in the twilight of his career, he is and always will be a Charger and any news on him is relevant to this organization and their fans..

That being said, it would be nice if we didn't flood the front page with pointless articles about what he said to some random interviewer the other day.

22. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Thats not the same thing, LT is still in the NFL and is still on the other team. When he retires, he will once again be a charger (maybe, apparently its an interesting question to that whining POS) and should be talked about by charger fans again

Its not different than when Brees, Seau or Rodney left, they werent here and should not of been talked about on 20 threads on the front page of every board

People seriously need to move, obviously LT has, why can you guys?

23. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    F*ck off LT.

Sincerely,

The Playoffs

• Like Like x 1
  24. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    :icon_toast:

25. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    we shouldnt have to pick sides. unfortunately it seems 90% of this board has, and im just keeping things in perspective. i will probably have to wait a while on that answer to how many other NFL GMs have been in so many beefs in a 5 year span.

but i dont think anyone really is arguing about his performance last year i'll give you that

26. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    What a big homer crock of ****.

(although I agree about the dash)

27. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    LT hasn't been the same ever since that playoff loss at home to the Pats.

28. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    actually he hasnt been the same since that injury vs the colts in the playoffs a few years ago, he seems to play to avoid injury now instead of playing to win. He really showed his true colors after that

29. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I remember a few years ago that he was going to have a 2k season .. I just can't believe much that comes out of his mouth right now ..

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I can agree with it from this vantage point.