1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT can't better Brown anymore

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006
    I have spent several hours in my four years on the Chargers beat looking up statistics comparing LaDainian Tomlinson and Jim Brown at similar points in their careers.

No more.

Tomlinson played his 119th game Sunday in London, one more than Jim Brown played in his nine seasons.

According to STATS, Inc, Tomlinson and Brown are the only players in NFL history to have played at least 100 career games and average better than a touchdown per contest.

LT has 134 touchdowns in his 119 games. Brown finished his career with 126 TD in 118 games.
  2. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Oct 8, 2006
    Has Brown made any statements regarding the fact that LT has now surpassed his record?
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

LT has answered any questions regarding durability, longevity, and production.

Plus he's the better man.
  4. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Mar 10, 2007
    I don't see the point comparing LT to Jim Brown when Brown played in an era where lineman where the size of Weddle and Jammer.:lol: The talent wasn't nearly as good as it is now or has been.