1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT & Cro

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Mar 12, 2010.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    Since LT might go to the jets, I'm wondering if Cro is one of those players that LT thought where detrimental to team chemistry :icon_shrug:

By the way, does it bug anyone else how a theme in LT's free agency is "where would he get a good chance to win a ring"?, well, it's not like he's leaving the raiders or browns, he's leaving a contender, he'd have a chance to win his ring here (if he where still able to contribute)

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I hate both that and the fact that he's looking at teams where he'd serve as a back up role....something else he said he was unhappy with here.

If he signs with the Jets and remains a teammate of Cro's (with the "chemistry" issue and all) it'd just be that much worse.

Whatever. I'm still happy for everything he's given the Chargers despite all the nonsense of this offseason.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    So LT lied like his best buddy Brees?????:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

4. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Pretty much.

I'm finding myself in a similar position as when Drew left.

When Drew left and signed with New Orleans I didn't blame him for taking their offer, but the "I need to feed my family" argument he gave coupled with his repeated claims of wanting to finish his career in San Diego prior to the signing kinda chapped my *** a bit.

If he wanted the best contract and was upfront about it then whatever, it is what it is. The Chargers didn't need to gamble on him so the offer made sense from our standpoint, but him taking NO's offer also made sense...but he lied to the fans in the process.

It seems kinda similar in the LT saga now with him saying he was upset with a reduced role and wants a chance at a ring even though he'd have that chance here and now he's going on and looking at teams where he'd have a reduced role.

If he signs for a very cheap contract that'd be the real kick in the ***.

5. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    LT wants money as far as I am concerned. He can go where ever he wants to go. But in my opinion he is following the almighty dollar. I must admit at this time I hope he doesnt make it to a Super Bowl. :icon_twisted:

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I hope he doesn't win the Super Bowl either, but not because I'm bitter and wouldn't want that for him.

It's more because it'd mean the Chargers aren't winning it.

As happy as I'd still be for LT even despite everything the Chargers still trump him.

7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Brees was dirty from the day after his injury. He never let on to the extent of his injury but said he'd be willing to take less to stay in Dego.

When the complete diagnosis surfaced, I don't believe he had many options put to hit the road. Maybe LT is just checking the waters and will give the Bolt's a shot. Until he signs with another team he's fair game.

8. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34

That's all BS on LT's behalf. He just hates Norv :yes:

9. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    I don't "get" being irked at either Brees or LT:icon_shrug:

I never saw anywhere that Brees said he would take less just to stay in SD...why the hell would he?

The Chargers basically wanted both of them gone because we thought the best interests of the team were in another direction.

Seems like both partings were amicable.

Dang, were you guys upset at Junior and Rodney when they left too?

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not so much upset about either leaving as I am about how they left.

I won't go as far as to say the Chargers wanted Drew gone, though. They offered him a contract to stay.

But, like I said, we didn't need to gamble on Drew's broken shoulder so the offer we gave him made sense. Likewise, it made sense for Drew to take the guaranteed money in New Orleans.

What bothered me was that Drew told anyone who would listen (at least publicly) that he wanted to be a Charger his entire career. If this were true he would have taken our offer because all he had to do was play in 10 or 11 games (I think that was the number) and he'd have a similar contract he has in New Orleans right now and he'd get his so-called desire of playing in San Diego.

By taking the guaranteed money he showed through his actions (which speak louder than his words) that the money was more important to him than playing in San Diego his whole career was.

Couple that with the asinine claim of having to feed his family (like he can't do so with the millions he already had) and I'm a bit annoyed at how he handled his departure even though I am cool with his departure since we have Rivers.

The same goes with LT. We won't really miss LT as much as we would have a few years ago because 1) This is a passing team now and 2) LT isn't quite what he once was.

Because of that I'm not entirely upset to see LT leave, but I am annoyed at how he tells everyone he wants to leave because he doesn't like the reduced role but then looks at teams where he'd have a reduced role.

I just wish sports players would be upfront with the fans, is all.

11. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    Nonsense...I definitely believe Brees wanted to be a Charger his entire career...that doesn't mean he takes our offer over the Saints...that would have just been idiotic. Just because he wasn't a complete fool doesn't mean it's not what he wanted. It just means it didn't happen that way....(and mostly because he sucked so bad in 2003, not entirely his fault, but yeah he stunk)

LT...yeah well he wasn't LT anymore...if we got the ring he would have retired. Having been The MAN here for so long it's no wonder at all to me that either side wouldn't want him to take a massive paycut and hang around as a bit role player. I got no issues with how we cut him. I got no issues with him looking for a team that will have him and hopefully give him a chance to keep chasing a ring. I actually don't even have an issue with him wearing his emotions on his sleeve and saying some of the things he said as he left...it is what it is and we know what it was....I still love LT and hope he is at least valuable to whatever team signs him and wish him all the the best.

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    for the record, I don't want the guy embarassing himself for a few years, but I also don't want him to run for 1400 yds or something like that, and I definetly don't want him to win a ring, I want the Chargers to win it all every year

13. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If Seau never played a down for the Bolt's it wouldn't have bothered me a bit. Harrison I always liked, he just ruffled Marty's feathers a bit, end of story.

14. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I still think LT will wind up with the saints and be with brees again. Brees sure seems to have alot of fun in new orleans and I think LT would like to have a good time his last years in the league.:yes: