1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT, Cromartie questionable

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Running back LaDainian Tomlinson (toe) and cornerback Antonio Cromartie (hip) are both listed as “questionable” (50-50) for Sunday’s contest.

“We have two more days to get to that point so I’m hoping they continue to improve,” Turner said.

Tomlinson fully participated in Friday’s practice and said he’s feeling much better. He’s optimistic he’ll be on the field Sunday.

“Just the way I felt today, being able to run and cut and stuff, that’s why I think so,” Tomlinson said.

Turner is still being cautious with the two-time defending NFL rushing champion.

“I thought there were times he looked tentative, there were times he looked good,” Turner said.

Cromartie was limited in practice. Like LT, Cromartie said he continues to feel better as the week progresses, and Turner was pleased with what he saw physically from his starting left cornerback.

“He went through the individual work and actually moved around pretty good,” Turner said. “I think more than anything it’s not his movement, it’s the pain he’s got right now.”

Center Nick Hardwick and left tackle Marcus McNeill will not play Sunday. Turner didn’t have any update on McNeill’s condition, but he is encouraged with Hardwick’s progress.

“He’s been out in pads and he’s starting to work pretty good,” Turner said. “Each step along the way you see him making progress. We want him to be ready as soon as he can but we knew two months ago that you have to go through each step. He’s been hitting the sled. He’s had guys over the top of him. He hasn’t gone full blow where he’s blocking somebody. We don’t want him to do that yet.”

Chargers.com

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Tomlinson says he'll be ready for Sunday's game

The official status is “questionable.” Clearly, though, there is no question in LaDainian Tomlinson's mind.
    Tomlinson and Pro Bowl cornerback Antonio Cromartie are listed as “questionable” for Sunday's matchup with the Denver Broncos, the first AFC West game of the season for the two-time defending division champion Chargers, but both were back on the practice field Friday and both are expected to be available.
    Even though he was held to what coach Norv Turner said was “half the reps” Friday, Tomlinson came off the field and reported he was “able to do everything” despite a sore right big toe that kept him out of drills Wednesday and Thursday, an injury sustained during the final offensive series Sunday against Carolina.
    “At times he looked tentative,” Turner said of Tomlinson's practice plays. “At times he looked good.”
    Tomlinson shrugged off questions about the injury, especially ones about whether he'll play tomorrow, saying he expects to be ready.
    “It's usually just something that doesn't last a long time as long as you keep getting it treated,” Tomlinson of the toe problem. “You gotta make sure you stay on top of it, like everything else. You can obviously play with it, but you've got to stay on it.”
    For obvious reasons, Tomlinson's played more games (14) against the Broncos over his career than any other team except the Oakland Raiders (also 14), amassing a total of 1,222 yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground.
    It was against the Broncos that Tomlinson posted the second-best game of his career in terms of yards – 220 on 37 carries in 2002 – but the Mile High City hasn't been the most productive place for him overall. Of his 44 regular-season games of 100 yards rushing or more, five were against Denver, but only one of those in Denver.
    His presence tomorrow may loom even larger because the Broncos' most glaring weakness last season was a run defense that ranked near the bottom of the NFL. At the same time, the Broncos' offense sports two dynamite receivers in Brandon Marshall and rookie sensation Eddie Royal intensifying the concern about Cromartie's bruised hip.
    “It feels a whole lot better,” said Cromartie after limited participation in practice, “and we've got a few more days.”
    Listed as probable are tight end Antonio Gates and nose tackle Jamal Williams.
    The only player not participating in Friday's practice was left tackle Marcus McNeill (bulging disk). Center Nick Hardwick continued working his way back into drills but won't play Sunday.

By Chris Jenkins

3. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
  4. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    :lol:

BTW... When you're 1-0 during a Superbowl type of year "Questionable" means ready to play.

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    We're 0-1.

6. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Crap. I knew I should have watched the first game.

7. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Thats what LT said in AFFCG.:unsure: Ahhhh what tha hell. I don't care what anyone says i believe he'll come out there and put on a show.:tup: That goes for cromartie too.

8. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    This is NOT good. It's too early in the season for our major players to be getting banged up........these guys have got to get well and stay that way if we're going to have any hope of making it to the Super Bowl. Damn.

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    They're not that banged up. LT will play, Cro has a bruise that is not looking too severe. They will play in Denver and be their normal selves.

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Look at it this way: If the Broncos can't beat this banged up Chargers team... they'll never beat another Chargers team in the AJ Smith era. :lol: