1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LT disgusted by Rivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdchrger, Dec 9, 2007.

1. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Norv needs to nip LT's attitude in the bud. We don't need another Owens or Moss.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,209
    Then you don't have a very good memory. Or the fact that you spent your time complaining your boi wasn't playing took your attention away from the games!:icon_rofl:

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Zactly. :tup:

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This team had an off day until the last 1/8 of the game, then they found a way to win when it counted. Plenty of room for criticism of everyone buy the D and the ST. Plenty of praised for everyone at crunch time with the clock and the scoreboard working the wrong way. We look like we can win out now, with folks not TOO banged up next week. This was a gut check win.

5. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Please, find me one person that hoped Volek could replace Rivers as the starting QB of the Chargers? :yes:

6. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Conc, name Brees' come form behind victories for me please. I seem to have a memory lapse.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,209
    KC for one.

Go look.

8. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192

I would rather Norv spend more time working on the offensive line. They played pathetic for most of the game and they are the reason why we have been so inconsistent all year.

9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I knew you couldn't do it because they don't exist. Thats cool dude and if it's the KC game I'm thinking of, well we lost that one at home.

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yup!! :)

11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    :icon_toast:

12. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56

Yeah what was up with that? LT is the man, but he has an attitude this year unlike last year. We cant win 14 games every year, this is a different year and he needs to step up and be a leader. Me and my buddy were talking about that, and we both siad whats up with that? He said he lost a little bit of respect for LT when he did that, and was sitting on the bench with the towel over his head, and this was when we were still in the game, down by 7 with like 3 1/2 minutes left when it was 3rd and 4 for the Titans. I wasnt impressed with his attitude today, and I give BIG props to Rivers for hanging in there and fighting back the way he did, this was a HUGE win for us

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,209
    Brees came in for Flutie one game and won against KC, and brought us from behind to win vs KC another time.

Shame you have to try and make things up like this to support your boi...:lol:

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

**** that is easy.

leisure.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,209
    :yes:

16. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

You're kidding right ???

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    LT arguing with the refs after he got his first unsportsmanlike conduct flag in his career was off base.

I think LT is on drugs. :yes:

18. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    My bad. How about someone who's opinion,counts. :icon_rofl:

19. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    I don't kid.

Please ,show me. :yes:

20. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Why do you struggle with praising the ST and the defense ? I have not posted anything on any thread you have been on in months and in less than 12 post you manage to insult me. Class act buddy.

Grow up.

21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Nope Conc, that was a loss at home if I'm not mistaken. Nice try though.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,209
    Show me, because you are incorrect.

23. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Conc you are bringing up one game, and yes he brought us back but we still lost the game. If you wish to count the only game that he came close to bringing us back for a win, I'll spot it to you. Now show me another.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,209
    I listed two. You prove me wrong.

25. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Yes you should.

26. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    LT was probably feeling the way we were at the time of that camera shot. However, I really feel like those two guys have to co-exist. As amazing as LT is, he needs Rivers and Rivers needs LT. I felt bad for Rivers, but then again he may have said something to LT to piss him off. Whatever it is, every member of this football team will either bicker and seperate themselves or they will come together with one focus and win a championship.

• Like Like x 1
  27. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Conc, I said it never happened, you say it did. You prove it, we just watched Rivers do it for the 4th or 5th time already.

28. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Whatever was said, Rivers started to play better after that "encounter" .. LT needs to continue to be vocal and become more of a leader. Stop being shy and start stepping up .. He needs to carry his December numbers into January.

• Like Like x 1
  29. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    The Chargers won on the road as the ST stood out and the defense pressured the QB and got a couple of INT. LT ran for 146 yds on 26 att and scored the game winning T.D. set up by Scifaries punt that was downed on the 1 yd line by Osgood in OT. The Bolts won the coin toss but the offense stalled on the first series and was forced to punt.

Rivers, the Alabama native with lots of family and friends in the stands, had 37 yards passing through three quarters. He led the rally by throwing two TD passes in the final 7:29 -- the last with 9 seconds left.

"He kept getting up," said Titans defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch, who had three of Tennessee's five sacks. "He stayed after it. Especially after the fourth quarter. We knocked him down a couple times. I had him wrapped up once and he was able to get the pass off. He showed a lot of resolve at the end of the game."

Tennessee (7-6) had a chance to run out the clock in a game the Titans desperately needed to stay close to Cleveland and Jacksonville in the chase for the AFC's two wild card berths. But they gave the ball back to San Diego with 2:24 left in regulation, then went three-and-out in overtime.
    The loss wasted a strong performance by the Tennessee defense, which had three interceptions. But the Titans couldn't get close enough to Rivers when it mattered as he tossed a 7-yard TD to Tomlinson with 7:29 left to cap a 92-second drive.

"It was as physical a game as I've been in," Rivers said. "That's the way it goes. I didn't feel like I was running for my life."

San Diego had the ball for 27 of the game's final 30 offensive plays. Before the game-tying drive, the Chargers had 166 yards of offense and 10 first downs. They gained 175 yards between the final 2:24 of regulation and overtime.

On the final drive of regulation, Rivers moved the Chargers 80 yards in 2:15. The big play came on fourth-and-5, a 20-yard pass to Chris Chambers, who stretched out and tried to get his arms under the ball to scoop it away from the ground.
    The Titans thought the ball hit the turf. It was reviewed, but referee Bill Carollo ruled there wasn't indisputable evidence that the ball came out.

Turner called it as good a catch as anyone would see. Chambers said he was lucky there wasn't enough evidence to reverse the call.

"I made sure the ball was in my arms as I got up," he said.

Titans coach Jeff Fisher, who called this a disappointing loss, wasn't happy.

"I saw the ball on the ground. That happens. He just didn't get the look that he wanted," Fisher said.

In overtime, the Titans forced the Chargers to punt. But San Diego pinned Tennessee at its 2 when Kassim Osgood stopped the ball from going into the end zone, flipping it to Antonio Cromartie, who downed it.
    The Titans ran twice, then Young threw incomplete.

That gave Tomlinson another chance. He ran on four of the six plays, the last his sprint out to the left and into the end zone to finish off the comeback. He wound up with 26 carries for 146 yards.

Game notes
    Cromartie's interception tied a Chargers record. Charlie McNiel also had nine interceptions in 1961. ... Tomlinson got his 42nd 100-yard rushing performance of his career. ... Rivers now has 20 combined turnovers by himself. ... San Diego fullback Lorenzo Neal hopped off the field and was taken to the locker room for X-rays on his right leg. ... Titans left guard Jacob Bell will have tests for what team officials called a "burner," a neck injury resulting in tingling or burning. He returned in the second half in street clothes and was replaced by Eugene Amano. ... The Titans now are 22-7 against teams making their first trip to LP Field. ... Titans kicker Rob Bironas, who came in 18-of-19 inside the 40, missed a 29-yard attempt wide left.

Those are the facts wise guy