1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT eager to start season, especially against Oakland

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Mar 5, 2006
    One guy on XX this mornign said that LT was injured in Wednesdays practice, has anyone heard anything?

By Jay Posner
    September 7, 2006

Finally, it's time for LaDainian Tomlinson to play some football.

“I'm pretty excited,” the Chargers running back said yesterday. “I'm anxious to really get out there and play for real.”

No doubt adding to the excitement is the Chargers' opponent in Monday's season opener. Tomlinson has enjoyed some of his finest performances against Oakland, especially at McAfee Coliseum, where his worst rushing game in the last four years was 140 yards (he averaged 161).
    “I think several guys have great games in their careers against certain teams,” said Tomlinson, who also gained a career-high 243 yards against the Raiders in a 2003 game at Qualcomm Stadium. “I guess this is one of the teams that's been very helpful to me at times.

” . . . But every game is different. It's a different defense, so I don't know if you can expect the same thing. We don't even know what to expect from them, to be honest.”

This will be Tomlinson's first game of any kind since the Pro Bowl seven months ago, and his first game that counts since the last day of 2005. For the first time, he did not play in an exhibition game.

“Last year I had one carry and I didn't get tackled (he scored on a 55-yard run), so I really didn't play in the preseason last year, either,” he said, laughing. “You've just got to be focused at the beginning of the season. Some guys need preseason to get back into it. For me, I'm focused on football at all times.”

Tomlinson has just 14 exhibition carries in his career, but it hasn't seemed to slow him. He's gained more than 100 yards in the season opener three times in five tries.

Add Tomlinson
    He called this year's Chargers “the most talented team that I've been on so far” and said there was “no doubt” they could win a playoff game for the first time since the 1994 season.
    Tomlinson is not bringing his family to the Oakland game. Asked why, he laughed and said, “It's not a family atmosphere.”

Click the link for the full article.
  2. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2005
    Great, I'm eager to see him torch the faiders for 200+:yes: