1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT Fox radio interview

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reef shark, Jan 27, 2009.

1. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    I just heard LT on fox sports radio. He said he will be completely healthy in 1 and a half months, at max according to docs.

More importantly, he said at the end that he STILL hasnt been given any indication that he will be a Charger in '09. He said he is unsure and doesnt know where he will be next year. Food for thought for you smith lovers, and that "call" smith gave that settled everything. Even the DJs were shocked to hear this.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    So let's see
    AJ goes through the trouble of explaining what's happening, the decision being made, so does Dean Spanos, and LT STILL gets on the air to the press and opens his mouth up? I'm sorry but LT is really starting to piss me off

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    easy now... before this thread turns into another AJ vs LT thread...

I also heard him on Rome at lunch and his response to a very similar question was totally benign. He answered a question with the truth - that's it! He hasn't even been offered anything re: restructuring and we all know that's what's coming. So it's the truth - he doesn't know - yet. And since this is a business, why would he say anything otherwise? He can't say "i'll take whatever they offer me no matter what b/c i want to stay a Charger" -- AJ's objective is to get the best deal possible for the organization, LT says that and he can low ball him and then LT is a liar if he won't accept. Just like AJ won't commit to anything - it's just business.

He's in Tampa b/c of his commitments to Chunky Soup and their "Tackling Hunger" program. So he's scheduled to do all the media row stuff - how is he supposed to handle the questions? "No Comment" ???? Yeah... that wouldn't fan the flames...

• Like Like x 1
  4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I hope Chunky comes out with a 30% fewer calories version for LT... since that's how much his workload needs to be reduced next year in order to justify the pay cut. :lol:

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Excellent post, Syd. :icon_toast:

Don't think it'll calm the sh!t stirers or chicken littles around here though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Good stuff. Well done ladanian. YOu explained some things without giving anything away. Run for politics.

7. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    actually he was on the air to promote the chunky soup attacking hunger program, trying to feed 38 million people living in poverty. he only answered the questions the guys asked him, i forget their names, foxsportsradio in las vegas around 3:45 pm

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    What did you expect him to say?

• Like Like x 1
  10. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    Thanks for the info...good post.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Well said. :tup:

12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    • Like Like x 2
  13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    sure he wasn't mocking AJ or something? I mean you neeeevvver know now:icon_shrug:

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    C'mon ant! The man just said the SAME THING twice today : he and AJ cleared the air and the ONLY way he doesn't see himself being a charger is IF the organization tells him that he's not in their plans.

I really don't see anything wrong here.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    LT wants to be a Charger. AJ, get him, Rivers, Merriman and Sproles done!

16. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    NICE...well said. :abq1::icon_toast: