1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT - Greatness

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BlueandGold, Feb 14, 2008.

1. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    I apologize to those of you who have seen this before.

I think there is a current trend among Charger fans of undervaluing our current running back. We've become spoiled as Charger fans. Greatness is our Average, and Impossible is our Expectation. The blinding light that LT has been over the past seven years has blinded us to the fact that we, as Charger fans, are blessed by the very experience of watching this man run the football.

Ten years from now, chances are we will be watching these clips fondly - and wishing that we were once again watching number 21 streaking through the second level like a flash of lightning. Decades from now, many will proudly say to our descendants, "I saw him run - in person. And he was the best ever."

And he was a Charger.

Let's cherish him while we can.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VGsipRDMFIk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VGsipRDMFIk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    LT IS ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!

We are watching the greatest ever!

You are exactly correct. People expect sooooo much from LT, I pity the runningback that has to follow in his footsteps.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Well said. It will be very hard for anyone to argue against LT as one of the best ever. :tup:

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We really need to get a Lombardi for this dude. I just can't see the Football Gods not bestowing LT with a ring after all the awesomeness we've witnessed from him.

Gotta get it done.

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is the "anti-puss'd out" thread. :lol:

Ahhh - the dude will come back with a vengence... :icon_toast:

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Hear, hear! :tup:

7. Fire & Ice

Fire & Ice BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Wholeheartedly agree!

8. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    He definately is fun to watch, after each game, I am reminded how lucky Chargers fans are.... The 2006 season was just awesome...! :bolt:

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That was a phenomenal video of LT man. You know how they say, "you don't really know how great someone was until they're gone". That IS LT. Many of us have seen him for years and the dude is so great, you forget that only a select few can do the things he's done. He's the MJ of the gridiron man. Many of us have forgotten what this man has sacrificed to give our team some credibility. RTL is right. We NEED to get this guy a Lombardi! We couldn't get one for Seau (neither could the Cheatriots) and we couldn't get a World Series for Tony. Man, let's get a LOMBARDI for LT, San Diego and the REAL Charger fans (us). We all deserve it. Canton should already get his bust ready since he's already cemented a place there. When he gets a Lombardi (or 2 or 3) they WILL be making one up for sure. I think he's already there though. Our year will be next year. I can feel it. You can feel it, LT, Rivers, Gates, Merriman, Phillips, Igor, Castillo, Cro, Jammer. They ALL feel it. As you all said:

Let's Get it DONE!!!

10. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I can't see this man's career ending without a ring...The franchise needs a win, of course, but LT...He's one in a million and he really deserves one...TO LT!! :icon_toast:

11. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    i think its pretty safe to say no one will wear the #21 ever again other the LT and when he goes to the hall i have to be there

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    No doubt about that, prophet! :yes:

13. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I can't feel a thing. :blink:

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Perhaps we should sacrifice BB on the fifty yard line to appease those gods. Wouldn't have to be fatal, or anything. Maybe just a toe.

15. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    A toe will only anger the gods and BB will have to part with a testicle.

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    It WOULD be humane to leave him with one.

17. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Shamrock would be the man for the job too. His testicle detaching prowess is second to none.:yes:

18. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'd give a nut for the Lombardi. Go ahead take it. :yes:

19. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    EXACTLY HE'S GOING TO B***H SLAP :trout:THE LEAGUE AROUND NEXT YEAR