1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT I Support You!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I support you, for all you have done and will continue to do. I support you because you did not play with a damaged knee at less than 50% when there was a very capable back that could perform better at the time.

I support you for all of this:
    • Most Points in one season, NFL record that now bears a bolt next to it.
    • Most Touchdowns in a season, NFL record that now bears a bolt next to it.
    • The first Charger to win the NFL Rushing Title, let alone doing it twice, in back to back seasons.
    • Winning the NFL MVP award in 2006.
    • For being voted to five ProBowls in your 7 year career.
    • In just 7 years breaking the top 10 all time touchdown list.
    • For joining Eric Dickerson as the only player to rush for at least 1200 yards in their first 7 seasons.
    • For gaining more than 10,000 yards in 7 seasons, the 23rd player to do so in NFL history.
    • For being the fourth fastest player in NFL history to reach 10,000 yards.

You have shown humility, pride and poise. You have helped bring pride back to the team. You have played your heart out, and lifted this team onto your back when needed.

Now some people are attacking you for not being able to play in the Championship. The same people who rooted for you, bought your jerseys and praised you are at your throat. I can’t apologize for them, but I can ensure you that I will not join them.

You have proven yourself, your character, and your heart to me. I will not vent my angst on you, and turn on you because I know that you have much, much more to give to this team, this city, and this fan base.

I know that when you are introduced into the NFL hall of fame, I will sit with shameless tears of pride rolling down my cheeks. I support you Mr. Charger, because I know the fun isn’t over yet. There has never been an honorary Mayor of Boltsville like you before.

For all of this and more that I am not adequate enough to articulate.

Thank you LT.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    If you say so, Mr. "I'm a die hard fan who has tickets but cant support the team or players."

Yeah, you have no pull with me.

Shame on you and your ilk, you weak minded, weak willed flip flopper.

3. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    nice! this is good, i my self have said somethings in the past 2 days after the loss that i take back about LT not cheering, there has never been a player that i liked more then LT and IMO, NO ONE has played the game like him:tup:

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    LT gets a pass. He deserves it. :tup:

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This isn't going to be very popular but I just have a weird feeling about this whole thing and I can't shake it. What's worse is the fact that Rivers played with his condition and the media is soaking it up which in their eyes makes LT look even more questionable.

This sucks and LT has already said he won't need surgery.

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I'll sign that memo Conman. You posters here on the boards should be ashamed for not supporting LT when he gave everything to us the past 8 years. I'm serious. I'm really dissapointed in a lot of you and not having LT's back. I've never been this mad on this board since most of you know I'm a cool dude, but this really pissed me off more than losing to the Bellicheaters. You all better check yourselves on criticizing LT. Read this:

Tim Sullivan of the UT

Tim Sullivans article in the UT this morning. Please read, esp. the bold parts.

I am beginning to feel LaDainian Tomlinson's pain. Not the pain in his knee, but the ache that must be taking hold in his heart.

The greatest Charger of them all is being recklessly, ridiculously and ignorantly impugned by people who presume to know how much pain another man is experiencing and how much he ought to be able to bear.

The Chargers' LaDainian Tomlinson has faced criticism since sitting out most of the AFC Championship Game with a sprained ligament in his left knee.

This is dumb on so many levels that it barely deserves discussion, except for its potential to inflict undeserved damage. It is illogical. It is irresponsible. It is hurtful. It is wrong.

It needs to stop now.

Tomlinson participated in only four plays in the Chargers' 21-12 AFC Championship Game loss at New England. The injury he sustained in Indianapolis – which the team characterized as a hyperextended left knee and Tomlinson says was diagnosed as a sprained medial collateral ligament – was aggravated during the Chargers' first series of plays and, oddly enough, did not heal instantaneously.

LT left the game before five minutes had elapsed, and watched most of what followed solemnly seated on the sideline. He said that he lacked the “burst” to be an effective running back and that returning to the field would have hurt his team rather than helped it.

And for this he is being pilloried on the air and in the ether as a malingering mope. Doubtlessly fueled by the half-cocked commentary that passes for analysis at some media outlets – notably that of Deion Sanders of the NFL Network – yesterday's e-mail included separate but similar complaints concerning Tomlinson's “lack of toughness,” his “negative impact,” his “childlike demeanor,” his being a “spoiled brat” and his having “no heart.” (a lot of us here on this board)

Advertisement
    Essentially, the criticism falls into two categories: 1) That Tomlinson's pain threshold was too low for a game with Super Bowl implications; 2) That LT could have contributed by cheerleading if not by ball-carrying.

The first point is preposterous. There's no way of knowing the level of Tomlinson's discomfort without inhabiting his body, and there's no way that a running back can operate effectively if he can't accelerate or cut. A running back at 60 percent is, in reality, a jogging back, and not of much use in the National Football League.

Nevertheless . .

“I have expectations, and when you don't meet my expectations, you open yourself for us to try to guess,” Sanders said. “Now what's the problem? You're a big-time player. And big-time players must play big-time games.”

Sanders says Tomlinson's injury would have to require surgery “for him to get a pass on this one.” Those are pretty bold words for a former cornerback who avoided contact as if it were a contagious disease or personal subtlety. (Man, FLOCK Deon! He never hit anybody!)

“He's never been a running back and had a sprained MCL,” Tomlinson said yesterday. “You tell me what running back has played with a sprained MCL and been effective. You might go out there and try to limp around and play, but it's not going to happen. I don't know how information gets passed on, but until you talk to the source of the problem, what's going on with me, I think it's ridiculous when people make comments like that.”

That Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers was willing and able to compete in New England with a matching pair of bad knees was impressive, but irrelevant. A quarterback with knee problems operates at a disadvantage, but he relies more on his arm and his judgment than his mobility.

A running back's sprained knee is roughly equivalent to a quarterback's separated shoulder. Each job has a different joint fundamental to football success. Emmitt Smith was able to win the 1994 NFL rushing title with a bum shoulder, but the brilliant career of Gale Sayers came to an abrupt end because of a 1970 knee injury.

Maybe Sayers wasn't tough enough. Maybe it was merely his misfortune to incur catastrophic knee injuries before arthroscopic surgery made them mendable. Maybe modern medicine has advanced to the point where the sports world has come to expect miracles at a moment's notice. Or maybe the sports world has become conditioned to commentators who speak first and think infrequently.

“The response has been curious, plus disappointing and foolish,” Chargers tackle Marcus McNeill told the Union-Tribune's Bill Center yesterday. “People on LT's back today haven't got a clue about LT or football. It makes you wonder about people.”

If there's a valid issue arising from Tomlinson's conduct Sunday, it would concern his disengaged decorum on the sideline. One of the more common criticisms that has been lodged involves LT's alleged “sulking” on the bench, behind his tinted visor and away from the action.

Given a preexisting reputation for pouting, LT's conduct is open to interpretation. But when you consider the cold, its adverse impact on his knee and the possibility that then existed of a Chargers' Super Bowl berth, it's hard to fault Tomlinson for saving his energy and seeking warmth.

Yet even if Tomlinson were simply indulging in self-pity, depressed at being denied the strength to perform on the biggest stage of his career, how hard is that to fathom or to forgive?

Does anyone suppose that Tomlinson preferred to sit than to chase his dream of a Super Bowl? Does anyone imagine his or her own disappointment to be any more keen than his?

“We all know that what happened was hurting more inside than whatever he was feeling physically,” said Chargers defensive end Luis Castillo. “What is being said is wrong. And anyone saying it should be embarrassed.” (tell them Luis)

Anyone who believes it does not know LaDainian Tomlinson.

Tim Sullivan: (619) 293-1033; tim.sullivan@uniontrib.com

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Right on the money Conc. Excellent post.

I'd like to add this:

Dear LT,

You hear that? The world questioning your heart and desire? EMBRACE THE HATE AND PROVE THEM WRONG.

Still one of your biggest fans,
    RTL

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    LT won't be phased by this. He'll come back and be his usual excellent self next season and lead the NFL in rushing again (or be damn close to it). He'll work in th community as he's always done. He's a complete person. :yes:

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979

No he wont be phased by us, or silly billy, or flea-on Deion...

His team voted him team MVP. That is what I believe really matters.

10. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I support LT because he has always supported me.

11. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    I can't believe anyone ever doubted LT in the first place... If you did, you need to turn in your lightning bolt, because you drink the media Koolaid too easily... suckas!

GO BOLTS! :bolt:

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Can you imagine the backlash if say 100 t-shirts were made up asking the question "Did LT Pussss out?" :lol:

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    If y'all believe strongly enuff, make and wear the tees...man up!!

Otherwise...

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Me wear it? No way.

I would be selling them to Raiders fans at $100.00 pop and retire.:icon_rofl:

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Thirty pieces of silver...

17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Only if you give this tripe any credence, which I guess you do.

18. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    ...only for those that give it any credence, or believe that will define his career, like those who start a did LT puss out thread.

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It is amazing to me how many self proclaimed 'highly knowledgable, die hard' Charger fans expected LT to go back in.

I had hoped he would, he tried several times on the sidelines with the trainers to get the knee to work, but it didnt.

So do we put him in as a decoy? He would have to pick up blocks. That would have further hurt the knee?

Do we force him to run? he is a cut runner, he makes sudden cuts and changes of directions, something I would expect a Charger fan to know and understand. If you cant put the weight on the knee, you cant change direction. This was apparent in the game when he caught the screen pass and couldnt turn up field and was clearly favoring the leg.

But i should not be surprised because many of these fans will turn on a player and follow the herd when ever they can. I guess they feel that makes them some 'football mensa'. to me it just makes them look like fools.

LT wanted to be in that game. Anyone who thinks differently is deluded. He wanted to be out there but knew he would be a detriment, not a help. He showed guts, and a focus on the team by being willing to let Turner and Sproles do their thing.

On the radio today they said that people who were at the game saw LT up talking to the team, working with trainers. These ffootball mensas are making assumptions on the whole game based on one or two camera shots... Ok that is their gig, I just dont get it.

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    And I am sure LT would kiss Trumpy on the cheek as he said that Trumpy had betrayed him.

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I have yet to read ONE post calling LT a PUSSS because he did not go back in the game. Not one.

This is what I mean about a forum gone whacked.

Please show me ONE post specifically stating LT should have gone back into the game and because he did not, he was a PUSS and I will KISS your ***. (except Deion rants ) :)

Just one.

Go.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Forum gone whacked or you not liking what people are saying? Waxing hypocritical again man.

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Concudan
    It is amazing to me how many self proclaimed 'highly knowledgable, die hard' Charger fans expected LT to go back in.

Answer the question I asked you.

Show me ONE POST where anyone is calling out LT as a PUSS for NOT going back into the game.

The reason you can not answer is because there are no such posts. Not one.

Put that in your Wheaties.

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You and your boy haven't stepped up to the plate and declared LT a ***** or not.

Wheaties, etc.

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You and Eldwin for one. Yes you both lack the testicular fortitude to actully type it out, but the language of your posts are clear, Judas.

So KMA Flip flopper.