1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT: Injury Update & Clear the Air

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltmanbz, Jan 21, 2009.

1. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    http://www.ladainiantomlinson.com/#talk

2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Well on the one hand it is absolutely great to hear LT declare himself as a player that wants to retire in nothing but a Chargers' jersey but it almost sounds like he expects there to be a trade offer soon and I don't like that. I'm wondering if he feels that a team will undoubtedly make an offer Spanos will seriously consider. We'll, of course, keep a close eye on this. Didn't he learn anything from Merriman? Though I don't think Tomlinson's injury is as serious as Merriman's so it would still make sense he would opt out of surgical repair.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I'm just hoping this isn't going to turn into a merriman situation

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Back when the Chargers sucked and LT was doing well, he had the opportunity to go elsewhere. I don't remember exactly what he said, but he did say that leaving the team at that time would make him a quitter. He then explained that he isn't a quitter.

He's right about the trade situation. That part is out of his hands, to a large degree.

I believe he'll stay if the Chargers ask if he'll consider restructuring his contract.

We've seen how he played the last two seasons with an injury. He didn't finish the playoffs these past two seasons.

As much as I'd love to see a fully healthy LT for at least one more season, I also know that the NFL is a business. Trading him could bring the team more possibilities. I'd hate to see him go, but know that too could happen.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I hope LT is going to stay but he will have to take less bank. The ball is in his court let see if he keeps it in play.

6. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    i think thats what the Chargers are thinking too, thats why i dont want to hear anyone say LT is worth 8.8 million when he isnt having surgery

7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
  8. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    According to the UT, the team is going to approach him in February with an offer to restructure his contract. If he agrees, great. If not...

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Dude...I really hope that happens.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Wasn't Shawn told by four different doctors that he'll need the surgery?
    If these doctors are telling LT that he will not be needing it, then hopefully he's making the right decision.

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    cosign

12. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    If they want him to restructure, I hope they put in clauses that will allow him to make the 8.8 if he returns to 2007 form next year. I think that would be fair.

13. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    LT has no problem telling everyone that he wants to be a charger - but has not said a word about if he'd take a cut (acting dissed because the bolts were even thinking about what they were going to do, so spanos had to personally call him). when LT was no. 1 he got paid real good and Rivers got paid like he was a devolping QB and rightfully so. Now Philips is the man and LT the self proclamed classy guy should reverse the $$ to extend merrimen, rivers & mcneal's contract and tutor another RB we get in the draft so he can extend his career and hopefully make it to the SB. He would earn a lot of respect from the fans as well as make even more $$ long term after football when the rep is all you have for endorsement. what company would want to sign up a giver as well as a superstar