1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT looked like the old LT yesterday...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006
    I would wager to say he was feeling the best he's felt all year. It wasn't until I got home from the game and watched my DVR that I could really see how well he was cutting and how hard he ran in the red zone. Those TD's could have been highlights from his 2006 season....They just looked beautiful...especially the short run with the spin move and running over two defenders into the end zone. That long run was likewise just awesome.

Hopefully this new injury doesn't have a major impact...Having the LT we saw last night is a majore asset for the playoffs that we haven't had most of the year. The combination of he and Sproles together is just starting to be a significant option for us.
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Aug 15, 2006
    Yeah, and now he's hurt again.

3. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Aug 26, 2005
    I don't think he's hurt that bad. There is a big difference between an abdominal tug and a jacked up knee. I think LT will be up for next weeks game. Besides Sproles is more than capable of helping us win. I'm not overly concerned about LT's injury. I'm a little more concerned about Gates injury but at the same time he seemed pretty happy during the game.
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

It's a groin strain. Gates is an ankle.

Both should be ready for Sat. :tup:
  5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Trade LT.

Get us some BEEF.
  6. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Aug 14, 2008
    Norv said LT and Gates were ready to go in last night for sure but he kept them out. LT confirmed he was stretching and warming up just in case he HAD to go back out there and was prepared to do so/ Norv says absolutely both will play on Saturday.
  7. n0b0dysp3cial

n0b0dysp3cial BoltTalker

Jan 14, 2008
    I agree. At the game LT was getting some pretty good runs, but when I watched the game on TV I had a smile on my face to see how he's starting to get back his moves.

I think he's a great running back with some years left in him, and that I think a lot of people are to critical on LT. He set the bar high in 2006 and I knew he wasn't going to have as many touchdowns especially with Lo not there. But I knew for a fact that he wasn't going to be an Alexander and not be a factor.

And if LT can't perform, Sproles, Hester, and Tolbert will still be a good option to pair with our passing game. With Tolbert blocking for Hester he didn't look half bad. Hester's known for his strength, and I think our running game will be solid against Indy.
  8. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2007