1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT Making His Good-Bye Speech Today

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,727
    It was announced on local news that LT is making his official good-bye to Charger fans and the press here in San Diego. The announcement will air at 1:30 PM, and I am trying to find out which stations will carry the feed live.

Pointy :icon_twisted:

2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    I am sure it will be on NFL Net, ESPN, ESPN News and the local chargers station in SD.

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    CBS will have a live feed online I believe so I assume they will do the same with TV.

1090 and likely 1360 will be broadcasting live on the radio and online.

4. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Listening to it on 1090 right now. LT sounds happy to be moving on. Said his number went down after Marty left (kind of sounds like he does not like Norv's system). Said he still has more left. Hinted that the Saints are a team he is interested in...

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Says he wouldn't mind being a #2 back but had a problem with getting less carries with Norv?

Also said the team doesn't have to be a contender now, could be an up and coming team.

Obviously I'm sure he wouldn't mind reuniting with Brees and Brees would love to have him there. The question is do the Saints want or need him.

6. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    i just still feel heartbroken about this, for as long as i have loved the Chargers, i have loved LT, all through my youth LT has been the heart and soul of this team.

I'd love nothing more than for us to re-sign him, i know it'd take a miracle, but he belongs here in S.D., you could tell from the tears in his speech he belongs here, he should've retired as a Bolt.

7. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    He'll retire as a Bolt (as far as signing a 1 day contract type of deal), but this was probably the best thing for both sides. The Chargers are moving away from the downhill running team they were for most of LT's career, so LT isn't going to be used properly, and LT still believes he has plenty in the tank. Maybe he comes back for his final season to break the TD record or something, that would be pretty cool.

8. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    NFL Live showed about 3-4 minutes of it as he was crying before he started to take questions, then ended the show.

If anyone has the full press conference, please post it for those of us who missed it in it's entirety.