1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LT: "Man Crucifies you"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +913
    Did you miss this part dumbass?

"Granted, he signed an extension that made him the highest paid player in the league (at that point) when he could have played out his previous contract and gone elsewhere if he chose."

2. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    You are so far beyond retarded I can't even think of words to describe how f*cking stupid you are.

3. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    I guess when you are responding with "POST OF THE YEAR" whenever someone says something you agree with, that is entirely different, eh?

4. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    He chose to sign a contract extension that made him the highest paid player in the league (at that time). Since he was under contract, he couldn't sign with anyone else at that point. Thus, he could take the sure thing biggest contract ever and stay put, or play out his contract, risk injury, and MAYBE make more money later, maybe not. Being a smart businessman, he took the sure thing. I'm sure it didn't hurt that he liked his teammates, the city, Marty, etc.

I have no idea what his motives were, as I don't know the man personally. I love the guy as a player and as a person. But if you think he was making some kind of altruistic sacrifice signing a bird in the hand contract extension with the only team he could negotiate with at that point, you are an idiot.

5. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    Sell out is your term.

I think he is a smart businessmen, or is advised by smart businessmen. And I don't blame him for taking the sure thing.

6. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    That's his MO. He picks out one line from a a post, and responds to that if it's one of his 4 or 5 standard themes. He completely ignores anything that refutes his asinine "logic" or just puts words into your mouth.

Everyone here pretty much already knows how ridiculous he is, he's like the forum's pet monkey.

7. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    That's not what he said at all. Those of us who can read and understand English know exactly what he meant. You of course, once again, completely missed the point.

8. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    But in order to make this extra money you seem to think he would make elsewhere, he would have had to turn down an extremely lucrative offer from the Chargers, and then play two more seasons risking a career ending injury, just to get to the point where he could talk to other teams. You want to pretend that he had the ability to make the same deal elsewhere at the same time, yet he chose not to. That just isn't the case.

9. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    Everyone gets it except him. He even went to the Village People card, which means he has been owned AGAIN, has nothing, and is tapping out.

10. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    Yawn.

11. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    Reading this thread, and many others here, B4L reminds me of this chick...

[​IMG]

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

No s***, Dick Tracy.

You and the rest of the Village People keep bringing that up as I said several times that I agree it was a good business decision. Read with your eyes open.
    All I brought up is that he could have made A LOT more money else where if he wanted to. He could have demanded to be traded or he could have waited out till 2006.
    BOTTOM LINE... Chargers were NOT his biggest opportunity.

None of us know his motive but you are basically stating that he doesn't have any commitment to getting this team a Super Bowl title. That he just shows up to collect his pay check and I disagree that that!

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    WOW!!! 11 posts (over one page) strictly about me!!!
    Yet you claim that you don't have a BOTLS4LIFE obsession!!!

I refer to the 6 or 7 of you as the Village People because you talk about me 24/7. You all post more about me than the Chargers and that's pure fact!!

I am to all of you what heroine is to a junkie. What cheap booze is to a whino. I control your thoughts and emotions!!!

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,231
    Whatever.

15. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    No, it just means that I sat and read the thread all at once, and there were at least 11 posts that were so erroneous and/or stupid that I felt compelled to reply.

I'm not sure why you are so hopeful that other guys are obsessed with you. But hey whatever floats your boat.

16. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +913
    Not surprisingly, you are completely missing the point AGAIN.

At the time LT accepted the extension, he had ONLY ONE offer that he could accept, ONLY ONE team with which he could negotiate. He would have had to wait at least two years to hit the open market. Thus, he did not have any other opportunities at that time, NONE.

Nobody is disputing that IF he had waited TWO YEARS, that he MIGHT have received better offers.

He had to make a business decision whether it was better to take the bird in the hand, or play two more years risking injuries that might have decreased his value. Being a smart businessman, he took the sure thing.

Please try to keep up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288
    I didn't read this whole thread but I'm going to give my 2 cents. I LOVE LT. He helped turn this franchise, around not just from a football stand point but also from a PR standpoint as well.

I would LOVE he if finished his career here, BUT I don't think you can expect that anymore. I mean Johnny U didn't, Joe M didn't, Emmit didn't. The list of great players who didn't finish their careers with their drafted team is long. Bottom line is I am a fan of the SD Chargers and I would rather get rid of a guy a year or two early then a year too late!

• Like Like x 1
  18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    My point and 0.02 in all this is that we still can't tell if its really the end of the line for him. If however some team offers big draft picks and talent for LT that are younger and cheaper, then I don't know why you wouldn't consider it. I love LT, I love the Chargers more. I want LT to finish his career but if that is not to be then I hope when its his time to leave, we handle it with grace

19. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Quit stealing my material! :icon_rofl:

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You and your gawdam facts!!! Why I oughta'!!!

[​IMG]

21. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I just love PhillyChargerFans Avatar Chick.....:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Suggestion... since you are a moderator, why don't you make one huge "BOLTS4LIFE Obsession" thread in the lounge. Move all these posts into it. In fact, make it a sticky.

That way... you, nickelbolt, PhillyChargerFan, HEXEDBOLT, Savage Lizard, RTL, auctoritas, reddenedbeard, and the rest of the Village People can talk about me till you're all blue in the face. That way, it will be kept out of the Chargers forum.

Face the truth... the rest of the forum is not interested in me. So I think your BOLTS4LIFE Obsessions should be kept separate. I'm sure they're sick of every thread becoming a BOLTS4LIFE thread. I am too actually.
    With that said, they're not interested in the 8 of you either!

Before you point your finger my way... this is a thread based on opinion. When I state my opinion and I have at least eight posters calling me out... I try to answer all of them.
    Then it becomes that they didn't get the answer they wanted to hear so then it's an 8 on 1 bash fest.
    Before you pull the victim card, face the truth... because it IS the truth. Personally, I don't care what the 8 of you think of me. So skip the bullshit and consider my suggestion!

23. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,629
    Or how about you stop with your inane posting that eventually turns every thread into another one of your personal attention whore fests?

Don't act like you don't love the attention. That's the only logical explaination for your ramblings (but then, logic never really factors into anything you post, so I'm probably wrong on this one).

• Like Like x 1
  24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Unitas... That happened after an ownership change and Jim "The Drunk" Irsay didn't care where he was, as long as he had a bottle in his hand.

Montana... You can't keep a guy like Steve Young on the bench. That would be like us sticking with Brees and keeping Rivers on the bench (minus the rings of course).

Emmit... After 3 rings, you're going to lose lots of players due to cap reasons, retirement, or FA. They were in a rebuilding stage.

I want a Super Bowl title too and I understand that some unpopular decisions might have to be made BUT I don't believe that LT is holding back progress.

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    This is a free country, I'm entitle to my opinion, and I'll post what ever I want!!! I don't tell you what to post!

BTW... look at your signature. So who really loves these bash fests?

26. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,629
    [​IMG]

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hopeful, nothing. Saying that the 8 of you are not heavily obsessed with me is like saying this forum is not about Chargers football.

I don't understand the obsession myself. It must really suck to be one of you.

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

[​IMG]

29. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288
    It really doesn't matter the reasons, the fact is THEY ALL finished their careers with different teams.

While I don't think LT is hurting the team, and is still a weapon the fact is for 2 years in a row he was limited or out in the playoffs. What good is having one of the most explosive weapons in the league when you need him most he is hurt?? Now I don't want to see LT gone, but I don't see him everyday in practice and I don't know what kind of nickle and dime aches he has everyday.

30. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288
    I beg to differ, people WANT to see me post, if for nothing else to see Gracie :yes::tup: