1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT more like LU

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by 17Rocks, Nov 19, 2007.

1. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    Article

And some folks around here were worried about Norv running LT into the ground...

• Like Like x 1
  2. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    hahahaha Nice one. Man I remember when fans were claiming that players didn't need a motivator just a good playcaller. I saw this coming from the day they announced the hiring of Norv. Norv does not command any respect from his players. And this is the biproduct of that.

Norv needs to go after the season ends. Bring in someone with balls. Someone who SHOWS his team that he wants to win.

Norv is a clown. Never has won, never will.

3. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    I think Norv is running LT into the ground mentally not physically :yes:

4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    known fact LT doesnt run the ball at least 20 times we will lose for sure lol

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    WORD. :tup:

6. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Hey coach! When your defense gives up points almost every possession with the other team taking huge chunks from the clock running it on every down isn't the best idea. How about PR doesn't stare down his receivers like he has done since he has entered the NFL. Maybe he can change the line.

O wait I guess Norv is not letting PR change the play. BC he can't motivate and no one listens to him but the QB can't change the play Because Norv get angry.

7. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Good call LeDeezie. I was also skeptical that this team could motivate themselves. Nothing that has transpired during this season has made me change my mind about that.

That is why I want Norval fired. Because even if this team eventually gets acclimated to his offensive system, we will always have motivation issues, we will always be an up-and-down team that underachieves.

8. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    11 min left in the 3rd and ur giving up on the run already aha thats Norv style right there, for sure when its only 17-10 lol

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Tony Dungy told his players the level at which I am speaking to you now is the same level I will always be speaking to you and that dude whispers.

Although, I have never liked a coach who does not show me fire. Mo-fo's like Mike Riley. I hated that prick.

If Norv pulled some plays out of his proported genius *** which made me say - "wow that was cool" and he had the personality of a turnip, I would really careless but show me something.

10. JUGGERNAUT

JUGGERNAUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    i think something has to be done with the offensive line, particularly the right side. i've seen mike goff on his back far too many times this year, and shane olivea plain ain't that good.

rivers hasn't played well, but maybe its because he has no faith in his line. he hears the footsteps.

11. skawash

skawash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    [​IMG]

12. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276

You are so frigging right... and he's running me into the ground mentally, too.

Norv Turner is the real reason I drink heavily on Sundays.

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Give Oben a try?

14. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

Oben can't play the RT, well come to think of it neither can Olivea :icon_rofl:

15. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Hey man, he is just saving him for the playoffs:lol:

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    [​IMG]

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Anyone ever notice how when a team is struggling they cant do anything right, and when they are winning they cant do any thing wrong?

Is it media attention, winning cures all ills, or they try too hard?

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Well, winning & losing are self-fulfilling, propelling, motivating, etc., etc., etc.

So once you start losing, you try to hard. If you're winning, it seems easy.

Whether we like it or ascribe to it or ignore it or drink the kool-aid, mental attitude is a very large part of this game. Let's take a quick example (whom we all hate): John Lynch is a guy who isn't particularly quick, fast, or imposing. Yet he is a Rodney-Harrison-type of safety. Why? Attitude.

Now, a player is ultimately responsible for his attitude. He's either a survivor or a quitter, a fighter or a pacifier, a warrior or a peasant - you get my drift.

I think that Norv was never breast-fed, got picked last for every schoolyard game, got laughed at by the hot girls, couldn't make the team as anything but a trainer, & somehow became a "coach". I can't explain his success at Dallas as anything other than right place, right time.

Think about this. Continuity was the big sell for Norv's hiring. Fine. Norv brought this offense to the current San Diego team.

Maybe it's never been that great of a system. We all questioned plenty of Cam's calls.:icon_shrug:

There have been many unanswered questions about this year. Why, with the same cast (for the most part), are we such a different team?

Cottrell aside (he sucks so much that I need to go elsewhere to rant on him), what is the issue?

Norv. Norval. Norval Turner.

It's Norv. It's his playcalling. It's his mentality. It's his posture (boy, I'd really like to *****-slap the defeatist look off his face sometimes during games :icon_evil: ) It's his leadership skills. It's the leash that is cinched around his minuscule gonads by AJ or the Spanos' or the demons of his past. It's all the teasing & failure that he's suffered throughout his life.

Sorry. Now get the hell away from my beloved Bolts, biotch. :icon_evil: