1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT Named AFC Offensive Player of the Month

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://www.chargers.com/news/press-releases/press-release-20061207.php

Running back LaDainian Tomlinson of the San Diego Chargers named the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Month for November, the NFL announced today.

OFFENSE: RB LA DAINIAN TOMLINSON, SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

Scoring more than twice as many touchdowns (13) as any other player during November and reaching milestone after milestone, San Diego’s Tomlinson helped lead the Chargers to a perfect 4-0 November and grasp hold of first place in the AFC West at 10-2. Tomlinson accounted for at least three TDs – rushing, receiving, or passing – and rushed for more than 100 yards in all four games. In Week 9 against Cleveland, he amassed 172 rushing yards and three TDs on 18 carries in a 32-25 win. The following week in Cincinnati, he rushed for 104 yards and scored four touchdowns to become the first player in NFL history to score 15 TDs in a five-game span for a 49-41 victory. The 5-10 rusher also caught six passes for 54 yards, playing a large role in the team’s overcoming a 21-point first-half deficit. On Nov. 19, with first place on the line in a Sunday night game at Denver, Tomlinson again scored four TDs – three rushing and another on a 51-yard catch-and-run – in a 35-27 triumph with 105 rushing yards. That night, Tomlinson reached 1,000 rushing yards for the sixth consecutive season to begin his career and scored his 100th career TD in his 89th career game, reaching triple-digit touchdowns in the fewest games played in history (Pro Football Hall of Famer Jim Brown, Emmitt Smith, 93). Capping off his brilliant November, Tomlinson ran for 109 yards on 19 carries, ran for two TDs, and passed for another in a 21-14 win at Oakland. The scoring pass was the sixth of his career. Among non-quarterbacks, only Pro Football Hall of Famer Walter Payton (eight) threw more in a career.

This is Tomlinson’s first monthly award since being name NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month in October 2001. (Wow, it's been that long!)

2. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    congrats:yes:

Now, let's see if we can wrap up that rushing title, mvp title, and o I don't know, Superbowl ring in the next 2 months.

And seriously, he hasn't had a monthly award since he was a rookie???wtf...

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    All I have to say is F'ING DUH!

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Maybe he can have another great month and challenge Marshall's yards from scrimmage record.

5. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    LT is just a machine when he steps onto the field. Someone like him deserves a rushing title if not a Super Bowl ring in the future. Just an amazing athlete.

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    All that matters to me is Ladanian getting mvp for the entire nfl and the chargers winning the super bowl. And thats just this year. Next year I'm gonna ask for more.:icon_toast:

7. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    He definitly deserves it:)

8. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    hes a beast.hes goin to win an espy award no doubt in my mind mvp and we will be superbowl bound .i thought we were going 13-3 at the beginnin of the season with our mob i told family and friends now i think were winning out boo yah i bleed blue and gold

9. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    If AJ Smith is God, and PR is the Messiah, what does that make LT? Or is it more of a holy trinity thing? (Religious dogmata confuse me.)

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Who got second in the voting? Rex Grossman? :icon_rofl:

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I for one am glad that we have an LT on our team and not a Michael Vick. LT is a class act on and off the field.