1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT on 60 minutes Sunday night

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Dec 6, 2007.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    CHARGER RUNNING BACK LADAINIAN TOMLINSON SAYS HIS
    BEHAVIOR OFF THE FIELD IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HIS PLAY
    ON THE GRIDIRON -- “60 MINUTES” SUNDAY ON CBS

LaDainian Tomlinson works wonders on the football field, but it’s the work he does off the field that really matters, he tells Bob Simon for a 60 MINUTES profile this Sunday, Dec. 9 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The San Diego Chargers superstar running back recently gave out Thanksgiving meals to 2,000 families and also provides college scholarships to seniors at his old high school, runs a charity golf tournament and hands out bikes and shoes to underprivileged children. “I think definitely what I do off the field [is more important],” Tomlinson says. “People may remember something I did on the field for a couple of days, maybe a week, but the things that I do and we do in the community is something that people remember for the rest of their lives,” he says.

He also buys 21 tickets (his jersey number) to all Charger home games to give to children who cannot afford them. The kids usually see him score touchdowns, maybe because he never thinks tackle -- just TD. “You know, I don’t [think about being tackled]. Every time I touch the ball, I think I am going to go all the way. I think I am going to score a touchdown,” says the man who stands third on the all-time list for rushing touchdowns with 111. “I’m the runner that I am because I think that I am going to go all the way every single time I touch the ball,” says Tomlinson.

Running successfully also has to do with him seeing the defenders trying to tackle him so well that the action seems to be in slow motion, he says. “It’s happening slow because I can see what every defender is doing…they’re jumping at you. They’re trying to grab you and can see it coming,” he tells Simon while they watch game films of his plays.

Tomlinson and his wife, Latorsha, have no children, but when they do, they will be dissuaded from following in their father’s giant footsteps. Latorsha says she doesn’t want her kids to play football because “that’s going to be a lot of pressure on them to live up to the legend that their father is and will be,” she says. Tomlinson has another reason for them not to play. “Something I…want to protect my kids from is the physical part, getting hurt,” he says.

Simon also interviews Tomlinson’s mother, Loreanne, who Tomlinson says taught him to be altruistic and to “aim high and always reach for the stars.”

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886

He can also drink Wade Boggs under the table!! :icon_party:

...but not right now :icon_wink:

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    LMAO at the Wade Boggs comment. Does LT also have 365 recipes for chicken?

Looking forward to see the 60 Minutes story. LT's as deserving of the exposure as anyone. Great player. Great human being.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I hope someone asks him if LT feels pussss when he runs out of bounds instead of lowering his shoulder pads and nailing the mo-fo.

5. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I've noticed him lower his shoulder a lot more the last couple of weeks. I hope it continues!

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383

That is a load of crap :yes:

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Good point, It is a delicate line. Some people want the RB to try for those extra inches, some want them to protect the ball. Dammed if you do, dammed if you dont...

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Do you ALWAYS have to be a dik-hed? :icon_tease:

There may be a few times when I go " Dude - you were a little early on that one." Then he lays down the suprem-o-smack with a stiff arm & boo-yah! Touchdown!! Emmitt Smith, here I come!! :tup:

I'd rather have a healthy LT, ESPECIALLY THIS TIME OF YEAR, than someone who lowers his shoulder every time & is in the lineup for less than a full season. One who can hit a home run at any moment.

Example: Where's LJ??? And look at KC. :yes:

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Exactly. Lighten up on LT man. Where would we be without Mr. LT??? Nowhere, I tell you. Despite how bad this organization was, he wanted to stay with this organization and make a difference and win a championship here in San Diego. He could have "Bolted" to Dallas or some other team if he wanted to and biach and moan like Donna, but he didn't. LT is the man, no matter if he lowers his shoulder or not. I'm proud he's a Charger and represents this fine city. Everybody is getting so nick picky up in here....:icon_huh:

F what NE fans think of him too! :tdown:

10. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    LT lowers the shoulder more than Clinton Hart does. :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::yes:

12. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Hell, LV Bolt Fan, your little dog lowers the shoulder more than Clinton Hart.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Clinton just lowers the bar... :icon_sad:

14. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I'm all far LT dropping the hammer on every defender that comes within a foot of him in madden!

Other than that he has to look out for himself and for the best interest of this squad, by all means when it is a third and whatever left or a fourth down he needs to get after it at all costs, but he is aging and not a rook anymore as much as its fun to watch OTHER teams running backs fight the fight for no reason i'm fine with whateva ol' hall of famer 21 does, as long as were winning, he's golden and the biggest star SD has ever seen...

so Im all for the man playing the game how he sees fit, besides his *****ing out could just be the wolf in sheep's clothing the second a team is expecting it he can turn it back in for a big gain...

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    LT is headed for the HOF, just might set all the yardage records there are and he'll do because he doesn't run like Earl Campbell. Jim Taylor, Marion Butts and John Riggins are also cases in point.Running backs that try to run through whatever is in front them out of habit don't last long. If he was a wuss, I think you'd see him alligator arming more catches. Why quibble about style when the scoreboard and longevity are what really set the great ones apart.

16. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Until he gets hurt trying to pick up another yard so some people will feel like he is more of a man. That line of thinking is so far beyond baffling that my mind can't conceive it. I'd rather have him stay healthy myself.

17. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    FAH KING Classic !!!

:lol:

18. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    LT knows when to go down and when to fight for extra yards. Not only does that preserve his health, but it also is one of the reasons that he almost never fumbles.

Anyone that thinks LT is doing something wrong is on crack. Adrian Peterson has already missed more games in his career to injury than LT. LT has the highest yards from scrimmage per game than any player in NFL history and he rarely gets hurt and almost never fumbles. Something about his approach is working.

19. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    Post of the decade...:tup::icon_rofl:

20. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Too funny...

21. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Lmao nickelbolt. Man, Hart makes me want Jue back. Hart is a career backup, not a starter. Time to put Weddle in there permanently and get us another young stud Safety (or move Jammer to safety)