1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT on pace for here in 2009 season....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    LT is currently on pace for the following stats here in 2009, assuming he plays in the remaining games.

140 rushing attempts (career low)

490 yards 3.5 average (career low)

8 rushing TD's (career low)

Unless we get a RB in next years draft, or trade for someone, he will be here in 2010 despite this. Hopefully he gets his chance with the O-Line playing better from here on out, and shows he can still do it, as I think he can.

Can anyone say "restructured contract yet again"??

2. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I don't think drafting a rb is a good idea, not with this offensive line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    for a team to have 215 total rushing yards in the first four games is abysmal, with or without LT.
    Sort out the O-line first.

4. NatroneMeansBusiness

NatroneMeansBusiness BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    This o-line reminds me of the line that Houston had when David Carr was with them...We need a tank like good ol' Natrone, no diss on LT but with this JV line we need someone who can just bulldoze mofo's to the ground.

5. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    That's why I think LT will still be here in 2010.

6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    eh he hasn't even played a full game (the pit game doesn't count because we were getting blown out). I wouldn't be surprised if he got 1000 yards this season if he stays healthy.

7. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Our O-line sucks! The only good thing that will happen this year, is LT will save his legs, because our D-fence will give up points, and we will abandon the run early each game...We should have a fresh LT in 2010! Better get a freaking O-line that can do their job!

Sarcasm a side, we won't have run production until our O-line steps up and owns the line of scrimmage. I believe even Michael Turner would struggle with the way our line is playing.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    For all of LT's production against the Stillers he should have just sat out. I really want him to make a come back, we need some spark on O or Rivers might be re-habbing next season.

9. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    As a update from this previous post here's his new projections for 2009 after the Broncos game.

177 rushing attempts

658 rushing yards 3.7 avg.

6 TD's

Remember this is all based on him playing 14 games since he missed 2.

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    This is an awesome Norv Turner team! Maybe tomarrow we can kick another FG on 3rd down. Maybe we can take LT out of the game on the goalline again. Maybe we could run up the middle again!!!

Or maybe for a change up, we can run a double reverse when our backs are too the endzone, and Vjack can accidentally step out of the back of the endzone! Yay! I can't wait for Sunday!

11. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I like Larry English, I think he's gonna be damn good eventually, but AJ should have went OT in the 1st round like everyone was saying. Entering this season with Jerome Clary as a starter was a joke.

12. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

The offense is not what Charger fans are used to anymore, that much is sure. We have to solve the running problems at some point. It's interesting to note that in our three losses Rivers has 6 touchdowns and 2 picks, but in our two wins he only has 1 touchdown and 1 pick. I don't see the high powered passing attack correlating to wins, nor do I see it putting us as one of the top five scoring teams in the NFL.

13. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The running game looked better against the Broncos, there's still a ways to go, but at least it was something to hopefully build on.

14. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    No offense dude, but I think you need to find another team to root for. I haven't seen a post from you in quite some time that is not whining and crying about whats wrong with this team. Try and talk about something positive...It helps.

:tup:

15. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Everyone keeps saying how we need to work on running game and everything. That's fine and dandy, but the number one priority in my book is defense. Every game so far we've scored over 20 points. True, you can't expect the defense to hold the other team under 20 points every game. But super long drives by the other team is becoming a common thing in our games :icon_huh:

16. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I don't think these projections mean jack squat when he missed two games and we don't have an OL worth anything.

Not that I disagree with the notion that we need to find another good RB.

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    As much as it pains me to type this, you really shouldn't type "THE DENVER BRONCOS" like they lost to some scrub team. They're 6-0, they must be doing something right.

That being said, I agree that there isn't much positive to be found right now.

18. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Over our first 5 games we've been manhandled 4 times. Including getting CRUSHED by the Steelers on Sunday night football, and falling 3.5 games behind the Denver Broncos. THE DENVER BRONCOS! The team that fired their entire coaching staff and traded their pro bowl QB, and suspended their best player in the pre-season, has a 3.5 game lead on us and its only week 7.

This is a team thats had Super Bowl aspirations for the last few years, and has steadily gotten softer and more inconsistant since the day they hired Norv Turner. Exacerbated by the loss of Jamal Williams, the descention of Merriman, the poor play by our O-line and some HORRID playcalling by Norv.

It doesn't surprise me you can't find many positive posts. There isn't much positive to talk about.

19. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    There is something wrong with the order of these posts lately.

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    why should he find another team? Because he's upset with them these days?

That's called bandwagon jumping and I applaud him for not doing it.

I'd rather someone incessantly complain about the team not doing what (he or she feels) needs to be done to win, showing that he or she is still rooting for them even when he or she feels they're sucking it up, than to see the person go jump on someone else's bandwagon just because things are bleak.

Incessant whining can be annoying, yes, but don't call the person's loyalty into question because you'd jump his case just as much, if not more, if he took your advice and decided to be a fan of another team.

21. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

The people who care about winning first and foremost (people like me) are probably in a worse mood than the people who like to fluff up minor improvements in a teams performance.

I agree our run D was better.........but we lost.
    I agree Kevin Ellison looks like the player we've been waiting for at SS.....but we still lost the game.
    I like that LT is looking quicker and hitting holes hard again........but we still lost!
    And I know that we have finished strong the last couple years.....but we're still 2-3 and its not fun being 2-3.

22. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Not the way I see it.....Just because people try to look for some positivives doesn't mean they don't "care about winning first and foremost"....which BTW are People Like ME. Should the people who "care about winning" be amongst the group on here that has already packed it in for the season....and are hoping for a 3-13 finish so that they can get a higher draft pick next year?....and are *****ing at everything and everyone? Venting is fine....We should hold our team, management and ownership accountable and they should hear about it....but People who give up on the team....constantly spout doom and gloom.... and go root for someone else are little bandwagon pussies to me. It's the same thing every year....Even the first 3 games or so in 2006 when half of our fan base was crying to replace LT with Turner even back then.....just before he *** raped the entire league for one of the best seasons by a running back ever. For the record, 3 years later in 2009 directed to all those still whining about Michael Turner being gone...and I will bold and capitalize this....MICHAEL TURNER WOULD NOT BE DOING SHYTE BEHIND THE CHARGERS CURRENT OFFENSIVE LINE WITH THE WAY THEY HAVE RUN BLOCKED THIS YEAR. HE IS AVERAGING 3.5 YPC BEHIND AN OUTSTANDING OFFENSIVE LINE THIS YEAR IN ATLANTA....WTF DO PEOPLE THINK HE WOULD BE DOING HERE?

No one is having fun at 2-3....But putting aside the positive/negative attitudes....you have two groups of people...Those who won't give up until they are mathetically eliminated from the post season....Or those who only care to watch the team if they are winning....and don't have the internal fortitude to deal with the team playing badly...but will jump right back on the bandwagon when they start playing better.

For the record, I hate Norv Turner as much as anyone here...but he isn't the reason why I have been living and dying with this team for about 30 years now. I'll go down with this f'ing ship and I'll trust that PR and LT will find a way to keep it from sinking in spite of our coaches.

23. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    No question our Oline sucks. But LT is but a shell of himself.

I knew it when I saw him get tackled in the open field by a db on mnf.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I'd like to argue that LT is still LT but we can't tell due to the OL, but anyone here remember 2002-2003 LT?

Our OL sucked just as much back then and he still found a way to tear teams apart.

That being said, I think he can still be effective with at least a decent line in front of him.

25. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    or a coach that knew how to utilize players to their strengths.

although, I'm not sure what LT's are at this point.

26. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Pump the brakes sparky, I didn't say people like you don't care about the W, I was just saying I get no pleasure out of the "yeah but at least we did this" conversations when all we got to show for it is another L. And you're a ****ing ignorant ***** if you think all this means I'm about to jump off the bandwagon.

And I'd like to remind you that I was never one of the people whining about letting Michael Turner walk. The guy wanted and deserved a starting role in the NFL, this was still LT's team at the time, we couldn't match ATL's offer just to make him a 2nd stringer, and we have other key starters to re-sign. I was however super pissed about entering this season with a failure like Clary starting on our line, and of course Clinton Hart.

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    You probably shouldn't confuse "your" with "you're" if you're going to be calling somebody ignorant. :icon_tease:

28. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Typing to fast.:icon_shrug:

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Were you typing too fast again? :lol:

30. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Agreed, that's why I think he will be back in 2010 for his 10th year as a Charger. The O-Line hasn't helped much when he's looked good, and is healthy last year and this year so far.

18 rushes for 70 yards is not bad against the Denver #1 defense considering he just in that game was starting to get it going.

No matter what happens to the Bolts this year, I would still like to see our HOF RB get 1,000 yards again for the 9th straight year. LT needs 860 yards in the final 10 games (86 YPG Avg) to get this. I hope he does, along with his 10 rushing TD's for the 9th straight year.