1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT probably not playing vs. Falcons

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

[​IMG]

LT probably not playing vs. Falcons

By Kevin Acee August 27, 2009, 4:41 p.m.

The LaDainin Tomlinson preseason experiment could be finished for this year, or at least interrupted.
    When asked if Tomlinson would play a third game this August, Norv Turner said he had not decided. But asked if the turf in the Georgia Dome would play a role in his decision, Turner smiled and said, "You're reading my mind now."
    Don't plan on seeing him when you turn your TV on Saturday night, but Turner said pretty much every other starter would go up to three quarters.

Among those playing will likely not be tight end Antonio Gates, who sat a third straight practice with general soreness in his body.

Looks like Louis Vasquez will start at right guard, as he continues to work with the first team. Kynan Forney's neck injury has limited his work, and Vasquez may yet be able to slip into the starting spot. Still, the Chargers would like Forney's experience there.

The Chargers blasted simulated crowd noise over the speakers during team drills today, in preparation for the noise inside the Georgia Dome. That's a remarkable step for a preseason game, but it goes along with an entire month of unique steps to prepare for this season.

Buster Davis fourth through knee tendinitis yesterday and said he will play Saturday, a further sign he is a new man who is not going to be taken off the field.

2. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I'm all in favor of keeping LT and Gates off of that rug on Saturday, besides it will give the coaches (and us) more snaps to compare and contrast Sproles, Hester, Bennett and Johnson. I could see Sproles making an early exit too.

I am also hoping to get our first look at Larry English on the field in pads against people it is OK to hit!

Our goals for Saturday
    1) Stay healthy
    2) Fix the things that went south last week
    3) Get a good look at the folks in position battles
    4) Beating the Falcons wouldn't hurt either

Go Chargers!!!
    :flag:

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    LT has already played more than I think he should. Gates really should stay off the turf.

Goal for Saturday: decent O Line play. The rest doesn't matter as much as that does.

4. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    He's just getting started, I mean the more reps he gets will only help with chemistry, but still, turf is some baaad ****.

5. Zot

Zot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Personally, I wouldn't mind seein' Rivers sit for this one given his knee and it's on turf...Jamal too!

Later

6. SDChargers1982

SDChargers1982 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    JFYI, Chargers will play just 2 games in Turf:

Dallas Cowboys - NY Giants

7. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I think I must have read the last sentence in the article wrong, or my eyes have deceived me.

8. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    It was a very poorly edited article for being professional, that's for sure.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'd let him play 3-4 downs just so he can keep in touch with live action.

10. StratoBoltz

StratoBoltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I don,t mind if he sits,we need a healthy LT in game 1.:bolt: