1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT, Rivers assert team's 'quiet confidence'

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

By Kevin Acee
    Union-Tribune Staff Writer
    7:11 p.m. October 14, 2009

SAN DIEGO – These are not the words of a team coming off an embarrassing loss on national television, a group that for the third straight season has yet to find its collective step in the early going.
    “It's a quiet confidence,” running back LaDainian Tomlinson said Wednesday when asked how the Chargers were feeling going into Monday's game against the Denver Broncos. “You look in each man's eyes in that locker room, you can tell there is something extra.”
    Later, quarterback Philip Rivers voiced the same sentiment without being asked specifically about Tomlinson's comments.
    “I think we're going to be a real confident bunch out there Monday night,” Rivers said. “The bye week allowed us to kind of zero in on ourselves. It allowed us to get some guys healthy. We have no reason not to be confident.
    “We didn't play well in our last outing. But sitting at 2-2 with 12 to play, we obviously know how big this is. There no reason this can't be our best year yet. Home on Monday night, I would expect us to be at our best.”

What's the rush?
    The Chargers, having rushed just 80 times in four games, are on pace for just 320 rush attempts, which would be their lowest-ever total (by far) in a non-strike year and the third-lowest total in the NFL since 1990.
    “Hopefully, we'll get up over 400,” Tomlinson said. “That'd be pretty good.”
    Tomlinson, who has played in just two games due to a sprained ankle, carried seven times against Pittsburgh and has just 20 rushes this season.
    He looked healthy against the Steelers and said he witnessed promising things from the sideline in the previous game (against Miami).
    “The running game is all about getting in a rhythm,” he said. “ Yeah, we haven't had the opportunity to run it much. I'm confident when we do, we're going to be successful doing it.”
    The Broncos will be the fourth defense ranked in the top six against the run that the Chargers have faced in five games.
    Denver is allowing 81 rushing yards a game, sixth in the league. Pittsburgh is ranked second, Baltimore fourth and Miami fifth.
    “We've played a lot of great defenses these first couple weeks, and you can add another one to the list,” Rivers said.

Nuts 'n' Bolts
    •Defensive linemen Jacques Cesaire and Travis Johnson and linebackers Shawne Merriman and Shaun Phillips returned to practice Wednesday. Linebacker Stephen Cooper (knee) remained sidelined. All are expected to play Monday.
    •The Chargers said nearly 1,500 tickets must be sold by 5:40 p.m. Friday in order to lift the local TV blackout Monday.

2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I have a few things for our boys in blue. 1. Shut up and play. 2. Talk is cheap. 3. Take some names, kick some ***. 4. Just play. Play hard. Play smart. 5. It's time to nut up or shut up. :bolt:

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Holy shiit... a Travis Johnson sighting.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Nice article!!! I loved it when LT grasped his heart and pointed to the defense on that last Steelers drive!!!

OL... BLOCK FOR LT!!! HE WILL DELIVER!!!

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Blah blah blah. Put your performance where your mouth is.

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Quiet confidence = complacency!!!!

START YELLING!!!

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    I don't really care about talk, I just want to see wins.

8. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Lt telling the defense to have heart.:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

7 carries for 15 yards. 5 yards on one carry....that leaves 6 carries for 10 yards. Falling down gently on first contact, tripping over his own two feet, tripping over the thirty yard line, typical pathetic blitz pickup blocking.......

The good news is it looked like he had a nice shiny new visor.:flag:

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Quiet confidence is for pussies.

We need some unstoppable violence out there Monday.

[​IMG]

10. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Here, here!!

I want to see some punch em in the mouth football Monday.

11. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

[​IMG]

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Marcus McNeil is confident.

From twitter:

RT @MarcusMcNeill73 tell those Broncos fans.. THE FAT LADY IS SINGING!! and shes singing.. WE RUN THIS TOWN!!!