1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT torches Chiefs, breaks single-season scoring mark

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261217024

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- It was an electrifying run in a charged-up season.

LaDainian Tomlinson turned a simple off-tackle play into an 85-yard touchdown run, lighting up Qualcomm Stadium and carrying the San Diego Chargers to a 20-9 win over the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday night.

Tomlinson finished with 199 yards and two touchdowns on 25 carries to take over the NFL rushing lead from Kansas City's Larry Johnson. It was Tomlinson's eighth straight 100-yard game.

The AFC West champion Chargers (12-2) won their eighth straight and kept the inside track to home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs.

Click the link for the full article

• Like Like x 1
  2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Finesse team. :tup: :ABQ2: :icon_rofl:

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The MVP voters better have seen this game and contrasted it with the NO game earlier today.

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    yeah right, we're no finesse team, we're a smack mouth team:ABQ2: :ABQ1: :ABQ2: :ABQ1:

5. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Finessed the Chefs right out of the playoffs!:tup:

Why was Trent's jersey all dirty? You would think the Chefs afford a laundry service!:icon_rofl:

As some WW2 Japanese General once said, "Ithink we have awaken a sleeping giant".:bolt2:

6. Iowanian

Iowanian BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    The Chiefs were out of the playoffs after the Cleveland game and most of us knew that.

Lt is a great back, there is no denying that. I still don't know that I'd call what the Bolts do "smash mouth".

Congratulations on the win, the division and the playoffs.

I think you've got the running game to beat Indy, but I think you'll have trouble with Balt and or NE.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Thanks for the congrats.

I think when Turner and LoNeal were smashing through the heart of the D-line and hitting people right in the mouth it was about as close to "smash mouth" football as it gets.

Or when Big Jamal peeled back and knocked LJ silly (and he left the game for a coupl'a plays) it was pretty close to smash mouth football.

If any team beats the Chargers it will not be because they were more physical. It will be execution (or lack thereof) that derails this team. Last night the passing game was out of sync... but when Parker and McCardell are healthy for the playoffs, it will be tough to stop them.

8. Iowanian

Iowanian BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    You did notice that was 9 yards downfield, right?

Now go ahead and print those superbowl shirts, and get your hopes set very, very high. marty always comes through in the pinch. You can't lose. Superbowl championship is guaranteed.

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Your team got pounded last night by a more physical opponent. Smashed in the mouth by an OL that includes a rookie Left Tackle and former D-lineman. Deal with it.

LJ held to 80-something yards and no TDs. Smashed in the mouth. When the Chiefs had everything to lose, they got pummeled by a team they considered finesse.

That's how it played out.

As for the Superbowl. I haven't made any concrete plans. But I do know it won't be Martyball (or Marty for that matter) that brings this team down. It will be poor execution. But I have confidence that this team will find a way to win.